Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Draft

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    My ideal situation today. Someone at around 8 takes the first receiver, the run starts, 4 guys go between 8 and 15, it pushes a quarterback down who New England want, they trade up to where we are, leaving us with the 23rd pick and an extra 2nd rounder. We then pick at 23 and move back into the late 20's to make a second selection doubling down on offensive line solidifying that group with the big money Elway has spent there the last 2 off-seasons, and I stop complaining for once Best center and best tackle make there way to Denver to form a group of:

    Rookie ------- Risner ------- Rookie ------- Glasgow ------- James
    Not bad...Ruiz? and who would be your other guy with the other first rounder?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Njbroncofan1 View Post
      Not bad...Ruiz? and who would be your other guy with the other first rounder?
      My dream is that Becton falls, but that probably isn't realistic. But with the amount of picks we have, staying at 15 for Becton if he is there which he could be, my dream, then using our other 2nd rounders to get up into that back end for Ruiz would be ideal. We have a lot of middle round picks, so the possibilities are endless. Moving up higher in the first, trading back into the first, moving our 3rd rounders to add another 2nd rounder, using a combination of picks in the middle rounds to jump up for middle round guys, etc. Elway is probably more excited for this year than any other with the picks he has to play with.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Njbroncofan1 View Post
        Yep and that leaves us with either Ruggs or Kinlaw...or if you believe Henderson can be a shut down corner three good options without losing draft capital in a trade.
        Though Jeremiah may not be the one and only draft expert, this confirms to me that there are 4 WRs in play.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Though Jeremiah may not be the one and only draft expert, this confirms to me that there are 4 WRs in play.
          Could always be a sneaky. There always seems to be that one guy a team will fall in love with, that no one in the media sees coming, that suprises everyone and leaves higher rated players on the board. Last year the Raiders going Clelin Ferell at 4 was a big shock, Tytus Young from Alabama State in the early 20's to Houston was wild, in 2018 with the Saints trading up a fair way to grab Marcus Davenport in the teens was weird. It always happens, and I wouldn't be shocked to see a guy not in the consensus top 4 guys be picked above one of the others.

          Comment


          • Schefter says Jags called Lions about something......maybe it was the weather.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
              Could always be a sneaky. There always seems to be that one guy a team will fall in love with, that no one in the media sees coming, that suprises everyone and leaves higher rated players on the board. Last year the Raiders going Clelin Ferell at 4 was a big shock, Tytus Young from Alabama State in the early 20's to Houston was wild, in 2018 with the Saints trading up a fair way to grab Marcus Davenport in the teens was weird. It always happens, and I wouldn't be shocked to see a guy not in the consensus top 4 guys be picked above one of the others.
              Devil referred to that selection (I believe it was Ferrell) and how they need more pressure from the guy. May have been a bad call, as was the concern at the time. Seems like a good leader type, but.....

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                Wow...Daniel Jeremiah's final draft today has Lamb going to The Raiders, Jefferson going to The 49ers, Ruggs going to us, and get this, Jeudy going to Tampa!!! Lets see....Evans, Godwin, Gronk and Jeudy!!! Tom, you ok?
                Let’s see it happen first!

                Brady should be happy with that crew. Going to be interesting to see if he has enough arm left to take advantage of all those weapons.

                Guessing Lock would be thrilled with Ruggs being added. I know I will be if the draft falls that way!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                  My dream is that Becton falls, but that probably isn't realistic. But with the amount of picks we have, staying at 15 for Becton if he is there which he could be, my dream, then using our other 2nd rounders to get up into that back end for Ruiz would be ideal. We have a lot of middle round picks, so the possibilities are endless. Moving up higher in the first, trading back into the first, moving our 3rd rounders to add another 2nd rounder, using a combination of picks in the middle rounds to jump up for middle round guys, etc. Elway is probably more excited for this year than any other with the picks he has to play with.
                  I’m expecting Elway to have a tough call if he stays at 15. I will not be surprised if he is going to have to choose between Kinlaw, Henderson and at least one or more of a falling OT and/ or WR.

                  How he chooses tonight will reveal a lot.

                  Another revealed tomorrow will be if he does go after one of the Cs or if he chooses a G prospect and puts Glasgow at C. He has that option and some solid choices either way in the first 3 rds.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                    Let’s see it happen first!

                    Brady should be happy with that crew. Going to be interesting to see if he has enough arm left to take advantage of all those weapons.

                    Guessing Lock would be thrilled with Ruggs being added. I know I will be if the draft falls that way!
                    Hey, I could play a season with those receivers!!!!

                    And yes, if we get Ruggs, Lamb, Jeudy or Jefferson, I think Lock will be smiling tonight!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                      I’m expecting Elway to have a tough call if he stays at 15. I will not be surprised if he is going to have to choose between Kinlaw, Henderson and at least one or more of a falling OT and/ or WR.

                      How he chooses tonight will reveal a lot.

                      Another revealed tomorrow will be if he does go after one of the Cs or if he chooses a G prospect and puts Glasgow at C. He has that option and some solid choices either way in the first 3 rds.
                      A very good point, didn't think of that one. I wonder what will impact that decision more, where Glasgow is more comfortable/performed better at, or what prospects fall/are available when Elway wants to go interior offensive lineman. They have commited big money towards Glasgow, so I am sure they have a plan for where he will play, but I guess it gives them the option to go either direction as well which is great. Should be exciting, and I am hoping it is earlier rather than later though.

                      Comment


                      • Near last minute questions I have:

                        1) What happens to Tua? Is his medical situation good to go?
                        2) Is Beckton's stock down a bit?
                        3) What order do the top 4 WRs go?
                        4) Is there any second guessing about the specific role Simmons will play? I am not concerned however.
                        5) Will there be a big time trade or two tonight?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          Near last minute questions I have:

                          1) What happens to Tua? Is his medical situation good to go?
                          2) Is Beckton's stock down a bit?
                          3) What order do the top 4 WRs go?
                          4) Is there any second guessing about the specific role Simmons will play? I am not concerned however.
                          5) Will there be a big time trade or two tonight?
                          1) Tua is a top 10 pick in my opinion. If Jones went top 10 last year, he should be.

                          2) Maybe, hopefully, but he is really good and unique in a lot of ways, teams value that.

                          3) I like what I read about Mims, could he sneak ahead of one of the Bama boys ?

                          4) Looks a little lean. Has so much versatility and impact play on tape, he is going high.

                          5) Denver could be in play. The Pats and a quarterback trade up is what I am watching.

                          Many, many intriguing story lines.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                            Could always be a sneaky. There always seems to be that one guy a team will fall in love with, that no one in the media sees coming, that suprises everyone and leaves higher rated players on the board. Last year the Raiders going Clelin Ferell at 4 was a big shock, Tytus Young from Alabama State in the early 20's to Houston was wild, in 2018 with the Saints trading up a fair way to grab Marcus Davenport in the teens was weird. It always happens, and I wouldn't be shocked to see a guy not in the consensus top 4 guys be picked above one of the others.
                            I think juedy goes to the jets

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                              1) Tua is a top 10 pick in my opinion. If Jones went top 10 last year, he should be.

                              2) Maybe, hopefully, but he is really good and unique in a lot of ways, teams value that.

                              3) I like what I read about Mims, could he sneak ahead of one of the Bama boys ?

                              4) Looks a little lean. Has so much versatility and impact play on tape, he is going high.

                              5) Denver could be in play. The Pats and a quarterback trade up is what I am watching.

                              Many, many intriguing story lines.
                              If Tua or Herbert drop a bit, this could be the story.

                              Comment


                              • I have a bet with a buddy that Tua falls out of the top ten. I think he falls myself, his fragile injury history should scare all teams looking for a QB

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X