X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JvDub95
    replied
    Best value pick so far???

Imo, it has to be Cushenberry. He was a second round grade talent. He is a plug and play guy that we get middle of the draft. Jeudy falling to us at 15 is the easy choice but no way Lloyd should have been there at 83.

Biggest head scratcher???

I have a hard time picking one. If I had to I would say Ojemudia with our 1st 3rd?? I can't really say that was a head scratch pick either because he fits Vic's system very well. Was it Hamler? Clearly he was going in the 2nd so why not us? We need the talent on offense don't we?

Leave a comment:

• MarshallMoss
    replied
    Vic Fangio said he was urging Elway to trade up a couple of times to get these players. I'm wondering which two players he wanted to trade up for.

One sounds like Michael Ojemudia, talk was some teams almost took him in 2nd round.

The other one I'm thinking could have been KJ Hamler...lol. Word has it that Vic was pounding on the table for this guy.

Leave a comment:

• skeeter01
    replied
    Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    You think he ends up in the slot? Fangio used Callahan in the slot in Chicago, I guess I just assumed that's where he'd go again. I know nothing of Ojemudia though. Is he better suited for the slot or can he cover the outside as well?
    Correct me if I'm wrong { I'm not ;-) } , but I believe it was stated that Callahan was slotted to be our outside CB and Chris Harris was slotted to our or "Slot Corner". Obviously it didn't work out that way due to Callahan not seeing the field.

Leave a comment:

• Humberg
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I don’t think I’d say it was a reach. Based off of the media’s opinions then yeah it is, but CBs are often all over the place for NFL front offices and scheme fit is definitely a huge part of it. It isn’t like there aren’t other zone heavy defenses out there and teams like the Patriots and Seahawks routinely draft guys where they want instead of where the media projects them. After the first 20 or so picks it always starts to get screwy. Point being, who really knows? As long as they are sticking to their board then I’m fine with that.
    It really is all over the place. Most of the draftniks like the pick actually or are at least willing to trust the Fangio Brain trust.

Not that I agree with this at all, but CBS has Ojemudia as our best graded pick (which is ridiculous but just underscores that these pundits don’t really know).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...elections/amp/

Ian St. Clair loves what Denver did:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mil...was-incredible

And so does NFL.com:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl...3EAEAEA&sr=amp

It’s been a great draft so far in picking up key talent. We still have some holes and if we don’t pick up more O line and linebacker help today then Elway must think our o line and defensive coaches are miracle workers, but I’ve been pleased.
    Last edited by Humberg; 04-25-2020, 06:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• the0rangecrush
    replied
    My big board is currently
    Bryce Hall

Leki Fotu
    Troy Dye
    Albert O
    Amik
    Prince T

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Having thought about yesterdays draft and how it went with the direction of the 2 WR draft, I love it!!! Hamler has the skill set to be a nightmare for defenses and on special teams. Think about Denvers offense, think about how good it has the possibility of being and how cheap it is going to be for the next 4-5 years!!!

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    Of the players remaining in round 4 I want to see one of...….

Troy Dye (LB)
    Akeem Davis-Gaither (LB)
    Trey Adams (OT)
    Saahdiq Charles (OT)
    Prince Tega Wanogho (OT)
    Tyler Biadasz (C)
    Hunter Bryant (TE)
    Amek Robertson (CB)
    Bryce Hall (CB)
    Geno Stone (S)

Any one of them in the 4th would be very good additions here. If not, I wouldn't be upset if we traded that 4th for Avery Williamson (who was drafted in the 5th by the way) from the Jets. The Jets put him on the block 2 days ago, still 28 years old
    Last edited by JvDub95; 04-25-2020, 05:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    This has gone quite well. I wanted a LB, but it wasn't a significant of a need as the big three- WR/CB/C.

I might have to put money on Denver making the playoffs, I think we're going to be one of those "where did they come from??" teams in 2020.

Leave a comment:

• KWHIT97
    replied
    PLEASE get Troy Dye or Akeem Davis-Gaither with the next pick, please!

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I don’t think I’d say it was a reach. Based off of the media’s opinions then yeah it is, but CBs are often all over the place for NFL front offices and scheme fit is definitely a huge part of it. It isn’t like there aren’t other zone heavy defenses out there and teams like the Patriots and Seahawks routinely draft guys where they want instead of where the media projects them. After the first 20 or so picks it always starts to get screwy. Point being, who really knows? As long as they are sticking to their board then I’m fine with that.
    Good point. Scheme dictates the decision 100%. Some of the best corners in this league have been Day 3 picks or even undrafted, so you’re right— who really knows? Ojemudia is the first DB that Fangio has drafted as HC here. With the top focus being corner going into the 3rd round, they most certainly got their guy. I hope my initial reaction can be laughed about later this year when he takes over that starting CB spot and holds it down for the rest of the year.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Those are good numbers, I like that. I think he was drafted to play outside opposite Bouye though.

I mean, it was a reach. Especially over the guys that were on the board at the time. Fangio got his guy and someone that fits his scheme, fantastic. I’m excited for Ojemudia’s potential and the physicality he brings to the defense as a corner. But he was definitely someone we probably could’ve gotten in the 4th round (according to most boards).

By your logic, no pick is ever really a reach since the coaches and GMs get “their guy” who they think fits their team.

Leave a comment:

• listopencil
    replied
    I'm really, really happy that we picked a guy that should be able to step into the starting job at Center. All of the guys that (I feel) might have been good enough to come in and bump Bolles out of LT were gone by #11. So the next best thing was to make the only other dramatic single addition to the line, and they did it.

Leave a comment:

• #87Birdman
    replied
    So last year trade with the Steelers/Bengals is completely done.

Denver got:
    TE Noah Fant (20)
    OL Cushenberry (83 2020 draft)
    QB Drew Lock (52 used to trade up with the Bengals)

Steelers got:
    LB Bush

Cincinnati in the trade for lock got:
    TE Drew Sample (52)
    DT Renell Wren (125)
    RB Trayveon Williams (182)

So over all I think we used that trade down and up very well.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    You think he ends up in the slot? Fangio used Callahan in the slot in Chicago, I guess I just assumed that's where he'd go again. I know nothing of Ojemudia though. Is he better suited for the slot or can he cover the outside as well?
    He is mainly zone but should project to compete with yiadom and bausby at cb2

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    Originally posted by BIGB83 View Post
    I don’t think Ojemudia is as big of a reach as people are making him out to be. We needed a third corner and this guy had some crazy stats last year. Qb rating if 50 ish when thrown at and an abysmal 3.0 ....yes 3.0 of passes in the 10-19 yrd range. I’ll take that for a slot type corner all day.
    Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
    Lol at all these amateurs in here whining and complaining....."the arrogance of elway" ....lololol

The DB was not a huge reach at all. If anyone thinks that, then why dont you go tell vic fangio that he doesnt not know the best players for his defense. That was his guy. His pick.

We are having an excellent draft so far
    Those are good numbers, I like that. I think he was drafted to play outside opposite Bouye though.

I mean, it was a reach. Especially over the guys that were on the board at the time. Fangio got his guy and someone that fits his scheme, fantastic. I’m excited for Ojemudia’s potential and the physicality he brings to the defense as a corner. But he was definitely someone we probably could’ve gotten in the 4th round (according to most boards).

By your logic, no pick is ever really a reach since the coaches and GMs get “their guy” who they think fits their team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X