NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I hope this does not involve a fax machine, in Elway's house.....
    Dude, I’m so afraid of something ridiculous like fax gate happening with this FO. I don’t mean to have a lack of faith but if it does not, I will be greatly surprised.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-08-2020, 12:35 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
      Fax machine? I’d be more worried about signals being interrupted or the WiFi being blocked.

Is anyone keeping an eye on the Patriots?

Hope the league monitors any “ completely independent low level Pats employees “ ordering spy equipment off the internet.
      They’d better break out the pre historic land lines!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
        Fax machine? I’d be more worried about signals being interrupted or the WiFi being blocked.

Is anyone keeping an eye on the Patriots?

Hope the league monitors any “ completely independent low level Pats employees “ ordering spy equipment off the internet.
        That was a joke

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          That was a joke
          Further to....this could go wrong, with 32 teams and league central, but I have faith that a load of money is being invested in the technology, back up plans, local expertise, and more. I am quite sure that the NFL will have rules in place if there is an interruption, consisting of the opportunity to make it right. Like a lost connection, or issues revolving around a trade disruption.

I also expect that The NFL will have strict policy regarding intentional spying, etc....the penalties will be so severe that no one will take any sort of risk. By severe, the GM and others involved are kicked out of the league, the team will at minimum lose draft picks for the next few years, and there will be a fine of multiple millions. I may be wrong about the specifics, but not about the fact penalties will be severe.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshallMoss View Post
            Man I can't wait. Dream draft for me would be:

1. Ruggs
            2. Fulton/Gladney (trade up for in early second round if available)
            3. Bryan Edwards/Tyler Johnson
            3. Bryce Hall

If we could load up receiving corps and secondary with studs we are on our way. I have faith in Munchak with Morris at center and can wait a year for a tackle.
            Not knowing how they plan to address the C/ RG issue makes it tough to predict draft. Could be One selected in the first few picks or not at all.

Same with confidence in the OTs. Personally I have little in James. Hope he proves me wrong with his year off to get healthy.

Assuming the Interior line issue is not as big an issue as I think it is. My dream mock would focus in more diverse areas.

1st- WR, prefer Ruggs but Jeudy or Jefferson ok too
            2nd- best OT prospect available (going to be needed by mid season IMO)
            3rd- B. Hall CB
            3rd- D. Hamilton DT
            3rd- Dye ILB
            4th- WR : best available but Duvernay/ Hightower type

Comment

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...az?ocid=HPCDHP

Wait, there's gonna be time outs ? :-)

Comment

Just throwing this out there but somebody needs to get Jordan love off the board before the patriots pick and somebody needs to get a Chase Claypool off the board before the Kansas City Chiefs pick.
                sigpic

Comment

Why is everyone so high on Ruggs? Haven't we all seen this movie before. Incredibly fast guy with limited route running ability. Historically this translates to little NFL success. He is not built like Tyreek Hill. I feel like people get way too enamored with 40 times. I see more bust than boom with him as a player.

Crazy that people are suggesting trading up for him. If we trade up for a WR it better be for Jeudy or Lamb. Would much rather have a potential trade up be for an O Lineman or an unexpected falling player like Simmons or Okuda (highly doubtful). In my opinion this WR class has far too much depth to sacrifice draft capital to trade up for that position.
                  Last edited by JW7; 04-08-2020, 09:59 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                    Why is everyone so high on mRuggs? Haven't we all seen this movie before. Incredibly fast guy with limited route running ability. Historically this translates to little NFL success. He is not built like Tyreek Hill. I feel like people get way too enamored with 40 times. I see more bust than boom with him as a player.

Crazy that people are suggesting trading up for him. If we trade up for a WR it better be for Jeudy or Lamb. Would much rather have a potential trade up be for an O Lineman or an unexpected falling player like Simmons or Okuda (highly doubtful). In my opinion this WR class has far too much depth to sacrifice draft capital to trade up for that position.
                    I agree with you about not trading up for him. Although I would understand the reasoning and be thrilled if Elway chose to do so.

Broncos need the draft assets too much to make the trade into the top 10 IMO. And I also think there is a likelihood that they will have a decent shot at one of the top 4 WRs being there at#15. Most likely Jefferson, with luck Jeudy.

But disagree with your assessment of Ruggs. He is not a one trick “fast” WR. Young man is a football player with crazy speed. Not sure where you are getting your info about his route running. May not be the polished route runner as Jeudy but still very capable. Also great hands, plays physical on contested catches, willing to block and finishes runs. Finished product, no. Talented starter and playmaker... absolutely!

There is a reason he potentially goes as first or second WR in a talented and deep group. Top 3-4 are very tightly bunched talent wise IMO.

Just becomes a case of beauty is in the eye of the beholder on which one you pick.

I just hope scouts / GMs from at least 14 teams share your opinion of Ruggs.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                      Just becomes a case of beauty is in the eye of the beholder on which one you pick.
                      This resonated hard with me as I've used a ton of this quarantine time to look at the All 22's on Jeudy, Lamb, and Ruggs. Each player has incredible talent and their skillsets are all different. It's really too close to call. It's going to come down to scheme fit and if they compliment the existing personnel a team has. I get the phenomena each year that skill positions tend to be "overvalued", but the Top 3 in this class are truly a rare breed.

I know your initial preference is not to trade up, but hypothetically let's say we moved up to NYJ's #11 and had all three WRs available on the board... who are you taking out of those guys?
                      2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                      Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                        This resonated hard with me as I've used a ton of this quarantine time to look at the All 22's on Jeudy, Lamb, and Ruggs. Each player has incredible talent and their skillsets are all different. It's really too close to call. It's going to come down to scheme fit and if they compliment the existing personnel a team has. I get the phenomena each year that skill positions tend to be "overvalued", but the Top 3 in this class are truly a rare breed.

I know your initial preference is not to trade up, but hypothetically let's say we moved up to NYJ's #11 and had all three WRs available on the board... who are you taking out of those guys?
                        Ruggs. No disrespect to Jeudy or Lamb. And if either were chosen I’d be thrilled.

But to me Ruggs is the WR that would open up so many elements of the offense. Defense has to account for his speed. In motion, fly route, cut across the middle, screens, sweeps. Defenses have to respect the speed.

It opens up Sutton, TEs , RBs in the pass game, even keeps that safety out of the box to help the run game.

I’m overselling because in reality all of them have the playmaking skills to play the same role in a Bronco offense.

I just prefer Ruggs by a hair.

Same scenario, your choice?

Comment

Ruggs. No disrespect to Jeudy or Lamb. And if either were chosen I’d be thrilled.

But to me Ruggs is the WR that would open up so many elements of the offense. Defense has to account for his speed. In motion, fly route, cut across the middle, screens, sweeps. Defenses have to respect the speed.

It opens up Sutton, TEs , RBs in the pass game, even keeps that safety out of the box to help the run game.

I’m overselling because in reality all of them have the playmaking skills to play the same role in a Bronco offense.

If John Elway and Pat Shurmur truly want Henry Ruggs to the extent that everybody believes, then they should move up to get him.

Denver has all these draft picks and only so many roster spots to go around therefore if Elway wants him, he needs to move up despite what anybody else says and get him.

I am anxiously awaiting draft day however I feel like John Elway is going to greatly disappoint me by playing it far too conservatively and reluctant to go after what he really wants!
                          sigpic

Comment

For me, it would ultimately come down to Jeudy or Ruggs. I would be torn to the point of pulling my hairs out honestly.

I 100% agree with everything you said about Ruggs and his ability to open up our offense and other weapons. I will add that I think Ruggs has the potential to be even better in the pros than he was at Bama.

With Jeudy, I think he is the ideal Shurmur receiver. The most productive WRs in Shurmur's collective years as OC/HC with PHI, MIN, and NYG were all known as great route-runners (Maclin, Thielen, OBJ, etc.) with excellent short-area quickness. Considering this and the fact that he is my WR1 (#5 on my big board), I would take Jeudy.

Like you said, it's by a hair. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them and I would be thrilled as well. I just think CeeDee Lamb is out of the picture for us because he is an X receiver type when we already have that in Sutton.
                            2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                            Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                              Why is everyone so high on Ruggs? Haven't we all seen this movie before. Incredibly fast guy with limited route running ability. Historically this translates to little NFL success. He is not built like Tyreek Hill. I feel like people get way too enamored with 40 times. I see more bust than boom with him as a player.

To say he had limited route running ability shows me you have never watched him. He is quick enough to be a good route runner
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                                To say he had limited route running ability shows me you have never watched him. He is quick enough to be a good route runner
                                Give me a break. I've watched Ruggs. He can't hold a candle to Jeudy's route running ability. I don't dislike Ruggs but the thought that some people have them as their WR 1 and "dream target" at 15 is ridiculous.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X