NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    Where do you get a value of 400? Maybe I am missing a chart? It looks like moving down to 20 is worth just 200 with Jax and Jax's 2nd rounder is #42 worth much more than 200. It looks to me like the most likely trade partner is Min at #22 because they have a comparable value in the 2nd round at #58 which is relatively late but still has value for the Broncos to do, IMO. In order to stay with the value chart the Broncos would actually have to throw in their 4th too but ... I imagine if Min was interested enough in the 15 pick they might do it just for the 2nd rounder or actually the Bronco's 1st? Or maybe next years 4th? The most likely partner to trade 2 3rds is the Rams and it doesn't look like they have a motivation from need? Or maybe Phi?
    I am sooooo bad!! I quickly checked the chart earlier, and the numbers are so small, I got the #11 pick instead of ours! Thanks for that. I actually thought it sounded too high. :doh:

Let me retry...

If we moved down to 20, say The Jags, that would lead to their 3rd rounder at 73, giving us 4 3rds. We select Jefferson, and move up to the 2nd round with 2 of our 3rds, leaving us Jefferson, 2 2nds and 2 3rds. Still plenty of great value picks!!

Thx again...sloppy me!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      I am sooooo bad!! I quickly checked the chart earlier, and the numbers are so small, I got the #11 pick instead of ours! Thanks for that. I actually thought it sounded too high. :doh:

Let me retry...

If we moved down to 20, say The Jags, that would lead to their 3rd rounder at 73, giving us 4 3rds. We select Jefferson, and move up to the 2nd round with 2 of our 3rds, leaving us Jefferson, 2 2nds and 2 3rds. Still plenty of great value picks!!

Thx again...sloppy me!
      Yep, still 2 2nds and 2 3rds ain't bad. And Jefferson might be a great pick too. But the Broncos could still get a very good prospect at WR in the 2nd too instead of a WR maybe there will be a talent there still at OT. Maybe 2 with the 2's ... Laviska and then Claypool? They might be too much of the same though?
      sigpic

Comment

Yep, still 2 2nds and 2 3rds ain't bad. And Jefferson might be a great pick too. But the Broncos could still get a very good prospect at WR in the 2nd too instead of a WR maybe there will be a talent there still at OT. Maybe 2 with the 2's ... Laviska and then Claypool? They might be too much of the same though?
        If nothing else, it is fun imagining the possibilities, especially if John's in deal mode!

I must admit, the trade back route has gained a load of traction in my little universe.

Comment

• I sense that there will be an even more conservative approach than normal, especially with early rounders, given that teams can not meet players and get more medical info, including how they perform in workouts.

There is a tendency for good quality, safe choices when you have a lot of capital on the line. That's why a solid, big LT with few flaws (of any sort), often stays high in the rankings and goes accordingly. But if you have a player with an injury concern, or a QB with most of the resume except for one weaker spot, or perhaps a player with an "incident" or two, this might be the year you pass them by for a more reliable package.

Or a player like Simmons goes high because most of us are convinced he's the read deal, thanks also to an amazing Combine....that we saw.

I still think that QBs will go quickly in this draft, because when you need one, you sometimes take a leap of faith over one concern. But not as likely that you will spend a 1st round pick on a non QB with a question mark. Too much risk, and some of it you can not properly assess this year.

If this is correct, expect a load of talent hovering in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Maybe further. Maybe some question marks, but at some point, it's worth the risk.

This could be one of the most interesting drafts ever.

Comment

• IF..........we trade back........not sure we will..........but if we do, I wouldn't be against it, because this coaching staff has shown they are willing to put young players on the field. Didn't we have one of the top 5 youngest teams just last year ? With the potential of getting 10 picks....they could replace current practice squad / training camp fodder and become players this year or next. Exciting. Still....prefer

1. Ruggs
            2. Cushenburry
            3. CB
            3. CB
            3. OT
            4. DT
            5. ILB

Then fliers on a WR/ OT in the 6th & 7th

Comment

• Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
              IF..........we trade back........not sure we will..........but if we do, I wouldn't be against it, because this coaching staff has shown they are willing to put young players on the field. Didn't we have one of the top 5 youngest teams just last year ? With the potential of getting 10 picks....they could replace current practice squad / training camp fodder and become players this year or next. Exciting. Still....prefer

1. Ruggs
              2. Cushenburry
              3. CB
              3. CB
              3. OT
              4. DT
              5. ILB

Then fliers on a WR/ OT in the 6th & 7th
              If We trade back, and then trade up for a 2nd, to end up with 1 1st, 2 2nds and 2 3rds, I see:

Jefferson and then:

4 BPAs in these positions (whatever order works best):

Oline
              CB
              ILB
              DT
              OL or CB

Then we can get a bit risky and still fill gaps.

Comment

• Until the FO reveals to us what they think of the oline it is really tough to predict the draft.

For all we know they could be drafting OTs in the first two rounds. Or are planning on Glasgow at C and drafting a RG. And the "holes " we see as fans may be filled in the next round of free agent signings.

All this time to spend playing with mock drafts is driving me a bit wacky . Yesterday I was justifying my mock picks of Jeudy / Hamler in the first two rounds and still "filling" my perceived holes in the roster sufficiently.

We will know in a couple weeks what the Broncos FO think of their roster, going to be interesting to see how similar or different it is from the fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                  Until the FO reveals to us what they think of the oline it is really tough to predict the draft.

For all we know they could be drafting OTs in the first two rounds. Or are planning on Glasgow at C and drafting a RG. And the "holes " we see as fans may be filled in the next round of free agent signings.

All this time to spend playing with mock drafts is driving me a bit wacky . Yesterday I was justifying my mock picks of Jeudy / Hamler in the first two rounds and still "filling" my perceived holes in the roster sufficiently.

We will know in a couple weeks what the Broncos FO think of their roster, going to be interesting to see how similar or different it is from the fans.
                  This is the fun part for most of us, and then The Draft will culminate all our thoughts into one finale (other than the Undrafted). This makes for loads of interpretations and strategies. Some fans state clearly that this is how they want it to go, and then some of us combine what we think need and what Elway is going to do.

As mentioned, seldom do I see mocks that are even close to what actually happens. Not surprising, because as soon as one alteration takes place, the whole thing can change. And we can never know what 32 groups are going to do, given they are limited as to when they pick, or what trades they can make.

It reminds me a bit of when I do lots of mocks in FF, and feel pretty confident, and then it goes upside down within a round or two, when other folks do the unpredictable, OR nail many of the players I want. Suddenly you are on the fly, and it's fluid as heck. BUT, good planning still saves you to some degree, and yes, trades can be had in real life Drafts.

The problem is, I want us to trade back unless a good situation sits before us at 15...or even a couple of spots up. But say Elway does as some suggest, and moves up 5 or more spots to land a player he covets. That would not be my wish. Too much lost currency.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    This is the fun part for most of us, and then The Draft will culminate all our thoughts into one finale (other than the Undrafted). This makes for loads of interpretations and strategies. Some fans state clearly that this is how they want it to go, and then some of us combine what we think need and what Elway is going to do.

As mentioned, seldom do I see mocks that are even close to what actually happens. Not surprising, because as soon as one alteration takes place, the whole thing can change. And we can never know what 32 groups are going to do, given they are limited as to when they pick, or what trades they can make.

It reminds me a bit of when I do lots of mocks in FF, and feel pretty confident, and then it goes upside down within a round or two, when other folks do the unpredictable, OR nail many of the players I want. Suddenly you are on the fly, and it's fluid as heck. BUT, good planning still saves you to some degree, and yes, trades can be had in real life Drafts.

The problem is, I want us to trade back unless a good situation sits before us at 15...or even a couple of spots up. But say Elway does as some suggest, and moves up 5 or more spots to land a player he covets. That would not be my wish. Too much lost currency.
                    Further to.....you are correct....from April 23-25 we will finally know what this GM and group have prioritized, and where they even feel confident to some degree, in what we have. They might draft 2 Oliners, WRs, CBs, ILBs, DTs, other. AND/OR they might not draft some of these positions in the early rounds. I would be surprised if we did not draft one of each minimum. But as pointed out, those 3 days will reveal what our brass is thinking, and it might come out very loud and clear.

Comment

• I’m telling you guys we should take Kinlaw at 15 if he’s there and use one our 3rds and our 2nd to trade back into the first, (possibly with the Vikings) for Denzel Mims!
                      Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-13-2020, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

I’m telling you guys we should take Kinlaw at 15 if he’s there and use one our 3rds and our 2nd to trade back into the first, (possibly with the Vikings) for Denzel Mims!
                        I would 100% on board with this. Kinlaw would be an excellent pick. There's a handful of WRs that I would trade up for or have them fall to us at 46 (Shenault, Mims, Reagor).
                        sigpic

Comment

• My personal feeling is Ruggs is our first choice, but if he's not there then top OT left of the 4. If they are gone I think Kinlaw will be the pick. I also have a weird feeling Herbert will fall and we might be in a strong position to trade back. If we do go Ruggs or OT with the 15th, I think we move up with San Fran to snag the other (wr/OT). If we draft Kinlaw, I think we see what falls to us at 46 and trade back up into the 2nd to grab another quality player.

Scenerio 1: #15 take Ruggs, Trade #46 + #83 for #31 and grab Cleveland/Laing/Wilson. With our two other 3rds and 4th go C/CB/LB

Scenerio 2: #15 take Wirfs/Thomas/Beckton/Wills, Trade #46 + #83 for #31 and grab Reagor/Mims/Ayiuk/Shenault. With our other 3rds and 4th go C/CB/LB

Scenerio 3: #15 take Kinlaw, see who drops to 46 with OT/WRs or go top CB. Fill in pieces with 3 3rds and 4th.

I think something to consider is potentially "reaching" at #31 for a OT (be it Laing/Wilson) just for that 5th year option. Between Sutton, Lock, and Risner, we have some $$$ to pay out soon for quality 2nd rounders.
                          I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
                          I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
                          I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
                          "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                          God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                          Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

• Not sure if anybody else has listed this? I was wondering who the last 10 players picked at #15 were to kind of getting an idea of how successful historically they have been...
                            Jason Pierre paul
                            Mike Pouncey
                            Bruce Irvin
                            Kenny Vaccaro
                            Ryan Shazier
                            Melvin Gordon
                            Corey Coleman
                            Malik Hooker
                            Kolton Miller
                            Dwayne Haskins
                            Most of the players have been good players hard to say about the last 3 so far. Hooker is OK but maybe not living up to 1st round status? Miller has started every game so that looks good. Haskins the jury is still out, IMO.
                            Coleman looks like a bust though.
                            sigpic

Comment

Not sure if anybody else has listed this? I was wondering who the last 10 players picked at #15 were to kind of getting an idea of how successful historically they have been...
                              Jason Pierre paul
                              Mike Pouncey
                              Bruce Irvin
                              Kenny Vaccaro
                              Ryan Shazier
                              Melvin Gordon
                              Corey Coleman
                              Malik Hooker
                              Kolton Miller
                              Dwayne Haskins
                              Most of the players have been good players hard to say about the last 3 so far. Hooker is OK but maybe not living up to 1st round status? Miller has started every game so that looks good. Haskins the jury is still out, IMO.
                              Coleman looks like a bust though.
                              Also, interestingly the Broncos have had the #15 pick 4 times in their history ... Tom Glassic, Dennis Smith (a Bronco ROF), John Mobley and Deltha O'neal. That is a pretty good group there.
                              sigpic

Comment

• 2 draft rumors gaining some traction:

Buccaneers looking to move up for an OT, likely Jedrick Wills

Eagles aggressively pursuing a trade up for Ceedee Lamb

Comment

Working...
                                X