X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I don't think we'll be able to draft all our replacements. Our Center, RG, WR2, DE, DI, safety depth, CB1 are all walking out the door. When you're looking at that many holes on the roster, you have to find known talent to help bridge younger drafted guys in. As it stands already, very few vets are holdovers now with Wolfe and Harris leaving, the majority will be young drafted players on their first contracts. You need some vet experience to help balance out the inexperienced players.
    And that is where lower tier free agents are sought out. Not every replacement needs to be a 10 million dollar plus signing like every fan seems to call for in response to every positional replacement.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I believe with Simmons on the franchise tag, the incoming rookie class, and the contracts we currently have, we only need to spend 15ish million to meet the cap floor for the 4 year period. I would look to add 2 pieces that total 20 million or so and call it a day. We need to continue to develop youth, not try and slap band-aids on this thing. That is why we are in the place we are currently in, 4 years without going to the post-season, and 3 losing seasons in a row, the worst run of such since the 70s. Time for a different approach.
    I don't think we'll be able to draft all our replacements. Our Center, RG, WR2, DE, DI, safety depth, CB1 are all walking out the door. When you're looking at that many holes on the roster, you have to find known talent to help bridge younger drafted guys in. As it stands already, very few vets are holdovers now with Wolfe and Harris leaving, the majority will be young drafted players on their first contracts. You need some vet experience to help balance out the inexperienced players.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    I believe with Simmons on the franchise tag, the incoming rookie class, and the contracts we currently have, we only need to spend 15ish million to meet the cap floor for the 4 year period. I would look to add 2 pieces that total 20 million or so and call it a day. We need to continue to develop youth, not try and slap band-aids on this thing. That is why we are in the place we are currently in, 4 years without going to the post-season, and 3 losing seasons in a row, the worst run of such since the 70s. Time for a different approach.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Our adjusted cap it more because we rolled over the cap space created in 2019 when we redid Flacco's contract. It will essentially cancel out the dead cap hit from Flacco when we release him.

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    Currently the Broncos have ~41.5M in cap space... their "adjusted salary cap" is ~211M. I don't know how they figure the adjusted cap and don't really care much. The 198M was about what was expected, before this became official the Broncos had about a million more estimated space. The Broncos cap space will go up when they cut Flacco by ~10M more.
    They do need help on the DL if they don't re-sign any FA DL. Maybe an ILB like Cory Littleton?

Leave a comment:

• wmp
    started a topic Salary Cap up to $ 198 m.

Salary Cap up to $ 198 m.

The NFL CBA has increased to $ 198 mil.
    We have @ $ 170 mil, currently.
    What would we do with the extra $ 28 mil ?
    I think we could use that to keep Wolf an Harris on the D Line.
    We may even keep CHJ also.
    With the rest we could really bolster our line up on the OL & CB.
    Thoughts ?
Working...
X