Isaiah Simmons vs. Henry Ruggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isaiah Simmons vs. Henry Ruggs

With free agency going to its next phase, the roster is starting to take shape. We kinda know what our division is trying to do and what else they need. Still, one of the biggest need is a off ball LB covering TEs and RBs. With this division of TEs and RBs, we need one without a doubt.

Hypothetically, if Isaiah Simmons and Henry Ruggs are there at #10, I would trade up for Simmons. I know Fangio would bang the drum hard for him as he did in Chicago for Roquan Smith. Simmons is generational and scheme is what the doctor ordered.

Elway wants that speed receiver and can get that in the 2nd/3rd round. So I’m banging the drum for Simmons. Who you got?

If Simmons is available around 10 I am at least look at the price. I am not for sure trading up. For example if they only will trade down unless we over pay it is not worth over paying I am not sure I would give an extra first or second to trade up. And it probably wouldn't work other wise

Ruggs I would just wait I think there is a good chance he is available at 15.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
      If Simmons is available around 10 I am at least look at the price. I am not for sure trading up. For example if they only will trade down unless we over pay it is not worth over paying I am not sure I would give an extra first or second to trade up. And it probably wouldn't work other wise

Ruggs I would just wait I think there is a good chance he is available at 15.
      Agreed, if he falls to 9 or 10 I make the move!! With Melvin Gordon signing we already have a solid offense, we need to make that defense aggressive and opportunistic. Get Simmons and we are a very dangerous team on both sides of the ball

Comment

I love Simmons. I see no conceivable way he falls out of the top 7 picks. At 10, I obviously don't want to get robbed, but yes I would take a hard look and be ready to give something pretty good to get this guy.

Comment

I would look at moving up to 7 to get Simmons. He's the most dynamic player in the draft, and he completely changes how Fangio can utilize his defence. A player with LB size, can run like an elite corner, and can cover WRs. You can disguise blitzes from everywhere because of him. He also gives you a perfect matchup against TEs.

Oh and he's really good on Special Teams as well, so he helps coverage teams improve.

He's Kam Chancellor, except he's cornerback fast. Chancellor ran a 4.69 forty, Simmons ran his 40 faster than Jalen Ramsey.

Comment

If we do trade up, I would have to think it’s for Isaiah Simmons. He’s a top 5 player on my board. Fangio would be doing backflips off of the table in the war room if we landed Simmons.

I love Ruggs, but I don’t think he’s worth trading anywhere into the Top 10. He probably doesn’t fall to #15, which stings— but we can still get very good receivers in the 2nd or 3rd rounds if none of Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs falls to us.
            2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
            Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

I believe we would have to trade up for either Simmons or Ruggs. Simmons most likely is going top 10. And I think all three of the top WR will be gone by pick 14, right before us. Jets, Raiders, and 49ers need WR help. Plus, the Eagles are a likely candidate to move up ahead of us for a WR.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                I would look at moving up to 7 to get Simmons. He's the most dynamic player in the draft, and he completely changes how Fangio can utilize his defence. A player with LB size, can run like an elite corner, and can cover WRs. You can disguise blitzes from everywhere because of him. He also gives you a perfect matchup against TEs.

Oh and he's really good on Special Teams as well, so he helps coverage teams improve.

He's Kam Chancellor, except he's cornerback fast. Chancellor ran a 4.69 forty, Simmons ran his 40 faster than Jalen Ramsey.
                I wouldn't trust simmons to cover a wr. He is great vs te or rb. But we seems to be to quick for him.

Just cause he has the skills doesnt mean he can do it currently he will get eaten alive by slot wr and stuff.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Hands down it would be Simmons. I'm not sure what the price to move up would be but 9 times out of 10 you make it happen. Simmons is that generational player like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis. He puts Devin Bush and Devon White to shame. Heck he makes those guys look like Roc Alexander and Rahim Moore!
                  sigpic

Comment

Simmons is perfect no matter what cost he came at, I'd make that deal. I even prefer Kenneth Murray over Ruggs. I like round 3 for 2 WR.
                    2016 GM for the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

I think it’s more likely to be Kinlaw vs Thomas honestly

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                        I wouldn't trust simmons to cover a wr. He is great vs te or rb. But we seems to be to quick for him.

Just cause he has the skills doesnt mean he can do it currently he will get eaten alive by slot wr and stuff.
                        Against Ohio State he was covering slot receivers, and he has experience against the opposition's number 1 receiver as well.

I wouldn't ask him to do it all the time, but blitzing a corner and having Simmons drop into coverage isn't a bad thing.

Comment

If Simmons is as good as everyone is making him out to be on this thread.....he would be picked before Chase Young. QB is the only item that should get picked before him.

Now , Ruggs.....Ya'll are missing the boat on him. He is the real deal. Excellent hands , great routes....blocks......AND posted the fasted 40. Scores on 25% of his touches. The real deal folks.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                            If Simmons is as good as everyone is making him out to be on this thread.....he would be picked before Chase Young. QB is the only item that should get picked before him.

Now , Ruggs.....Ya'll are missing the boat on him. He is the real deal. Excellent hands , great routes....blocks......AND posted the fasted 40. Scores on 25% of his touches. The real deal folks.
                            Ruggs is so good that he was the number 3 receiver at Alabama. Just because a player is fast doesn't mean he'll be a good receiver in the NFL. And one of the biggest complaints about Ruggs is his route running.

Now I'm not saying Ruggs won't be good, but it's easy to talk bad about any prospect. As for Young, he will be the worst bust in this draft.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post

Ok but he was still Tuas number 3, guess that Means Jeudy and Metchie are the second comings of Jerry Rice and Randy Moss but that’s ok I’m still liking the idea of taking Simmons over him! Peace

Last edited by Sam_Z; 03-20-2020, 04:06 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X