Putting the plan together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting the plan together!

Well now I have a better idea of Elway and company’s plan. John has made some bold moves, let’s look at the additions thus far;

QB Jeff Driskel
    RB Melvin Gordon
    G/C Graham Glasgow
    DE Jurrell Casey
    CB A.J. Bouye

Those are 4 real nice additions to this team, but let’s not forgot who we’ve lost as well;

C Conner McGovern
    G Ron Leary
    DE Shelby Harris
    DE Derek Wolfe
    CB Chris Harris
    S Will Parks

Those are tough guys to let go of, but I think we’ve done a nice job filling most of those holes.

From here on out in FA I expect John to be frugal. The way I see it we have roughly 15 million left to spend after the Gordon deal. I think we add a few more bargain guys for depth, here ya go!

OT Mike Remmers (1 yr 2 mill)
    Remmers has been linked with us a lot, because of Shurmur. We he happens to fill a need as a back-up swing tackle so Wilkinson can focus more on Guard.

DT Ethan Westbrooks (1 yr 850 k)
    Simply a depth signing. Westbrooks is a quality rotational lineman who produced nicely for the Rams. He will make the roster as a rotational player.

OLB Jeremiah Attachou (1 yr 2 mill)
    Jeremiah gets a 1 year prove it deal and a decent little bump in pay. He serves as the #3 pass rusher and can put his hand in the dirt if needed.

CB Nickell Robey-Coleman (3 yrs 15 mill)
    We’ve been linked to this guy and for good reason. Dude is good and will fit in the slot nicely. Fangio keeps saying he wants to use 6 DBs often, well we need bodies. This guy might boot Callahan from his job.

We add 4 “under the radar” guys to fill some voids heading into the draft. Now we have some flexibility come draft time. An excellent free agency period from Mr. Elway.

Draft:

Rumors are swirling that the Raiders are in love with Ruggs. So John has one more magic trick up his sleeve to screw the Raiders over.

Trade: We send the Jets our 1st (#15), a 3rd (#77), and TE Jeff Huerman for their 1st (#11) putting us 1 pick ahead of the Raiders. This also clears up some cap space getting out from under Heurman’s contract.

1. (#11) WR Henry Ruggs III (Alabama)
    This is John’s guy all along. He wants to add that speed dimension to Lock’s game and Ruggs is it. His speed is stuff of legend and his addition will make our offense very hard to defend. A great move by Elway.

2. (#46) OT Austin Jackson (USC)
    Here is a guy who is young, raw, but extremely talented. The idea here is Munch gets ahold of him and grooms him to take Bolles job next year. This addition should also boost Bolles play, one would think.

3. (#83) S Jeremy Chinn (So. Illinois)
    Here’s a Safety/LB hybrid who can wreak havoc us a defense like Fangio’s. Chinn essentially takes Will Parks role on D and ST but might also be used to cover TEs down the road. Great athlete with tons of potential.

3. (#95) DT Davon Hamilton (Ohio St)
    Here’s a manchild who can move the pocket and provide push up the middle instantly. I expect him to be Purcell’s back-up right away.

4. (#118) LB Logan Wilson (Wyoming)
    Here’s a steal. This kid is exactly what we need opposite A.J. his role this year will be coming in for Davis on passing downs and eventually taking his job away permanently. This kid is a diamond in the rough.

5. (#118) DE Nick Coe (Auburn)
    So much potential with this one. There were whispers of him being a 1st rounder but his play tailed off a little this year. Bit of a tweener between OLB and DE, he’s groomed to be an End in this defense.

6. (#181) OL Zach Shackelford (Texas)
    More interior line depth. A consistent player for the longhorns, could be a nice find for Munch.

7. (#237) WR Binjimen Victor (Ohio St)
    Long and lean, if it wasn’t for his 40 time and being buried on the depth chart at OSU we would be looking at this kid as a possible day 2 pick. As it is he’s a project, but by year 3 could be a real good one.

7. (#252) CB Stanford Samuels III (FSU)
    We have plenty of youth at CB but why not add another. This kid could he a gem with the right coaching.

7. (#254) P Braden Mann (Tex A&M)
    We desperately need an upgrade at Punter. This kid can kick it to the moon and will do great in Mile High. Future all-pro punter here.

Man I’m real excited about this roster, a draft like this would complete the plan and make for about a perfect offseason!

Go Broncos!!!
Working...
X