Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade back and draft Laviska Shenault

Shenault is an incredible player.
    He is a 1st Rd talent who has the dreaded "injury concern" tag. While there is some truth to that label, there is also the reality that he has over 140 receptions and 40 carries accounting for 18 TDs over the past two years. That's the kind of production the healthiest guy would dream of.
    11.6 yds per play from scrimmage over his 191 touches at Colorado. WOW

With the way Shurmur likes to get creative and get players the ball in space, Shenault is a perfect weapon.

We could move back slightly and mitigate the risk with the extra player we pick up. The type of move that could pay off for years to come. The Buffs have become an important arm of our draft and I personally think Elway loves hearing Shenault labeled as a "second tier" guy. I'm glad we met with him at the combine and if anyone knows this guys game it's our staff.

We need a weapon like Shenault....if not him it better be a guy that can catch 100 balls each season like Jeudy, Jefferson or guys like Pittman or Tyler Johnson (later).
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 04-13-2020, 09:34 PM.

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Shenault is an incredible player.
    He is a 1st Rd talent who has the dreaded "injury concern" tag. While there is some truth to that label, there is also the reality that he has over 140 receptions and 40 carries accounting for 18 TDs over the past two years. That's the kind of production the healthiest guy would dream of.
    11.6 yds per play from scrimmage over his 191 touches at Colorado. WOW

With the way Shurmur likes to get creative and get players the ball in space, Shenault is a perfect weapon.

We could move back slightly and mitigate the risk with the extra player we pick up. The type of move that could pay off for years to come. The Buffs have become an important arm of our draft and I personally think Elway loves hearing Shenault labeled as a "second tier" guy. I'm glad we met with him at the combine and if anyone knows this guys game it's our staff.

We need a weapon like Shenault....if not him it better be a guy that can catch 100 balls each season like Jeudy, Jefferson or guys like Pittman or Tyler Johnson (later).
    He’s a jack of all trades, very superb athlete but I’d rather have Jefferson or Mims. I’d love to have Shenault with one of them but we have other needs and Shenault won’t be on the board long after the first.

Comment

His highlights are amazing. It’s easy to fall in love with Shenault’s game. If injuries were not a concern, he’s probably WR4 or WR5 in this class for me. He’s the definition of a playmaker. But I can’t lie, his playing style combined with his durability issues scares me a lot. The popular phrase surrounding Viska is that he is a “WR that plays like a RB” and it’s a pretty true statement. He’s a bully on the field and plays with tremendous physicality, often bowling through defenders. I can’t see his usage and physical style being sustainable in the NFL, but who knows? If there’s a player worth taking that kind of chance on, it’s Shenault. He starred at CU and Von Miller’s alma mater DeSoto HS. Things would come full circle if he landed in Denver.
      2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
      Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

He has injury concerns that are magnified because of his style of play. I think he free falls in the draft. No need to trade up IMO.

Comment

I have mixed feelings about this, I still want us to draft Ruggs at 15 if he is there. But if not, I am still saying we need to go back to back WR. I would love for us to draft Ruggs and then trade up for another WR (not named Jalen Reagor) in the early second. If we go Ruggs I would love for us to trade up for Shenault or if Mims falls. But if we go Tackle, CB, LB in the first I would love for us to try and trade up for KJ Hamler, Mims or Shenault.
          New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
            I have mixed feelings about this, I still want us to draft Ruggs at 15 if he is there. But if not, I am still saying we need to go back to back WR. I would love for us to draft Ruggs and then trade up for another WR (not named Jalen Reagor) in the early second. If we go Ruggs I would love for us to trade up for Shenault or if Mims falls. But if we go Tackle, CB, LB in the first I would love for us to try and trade up for KJ Hamler, Mims or Shenault.
            What is wrong with Reagor?
            How high do you think Hamler will go?

Comment

I don't think Reagor is that good. He drops a lot of passes and I'm just not that impressed. I think Hamler is more of a playmaker and a player the opposing defense would have to account for on the field. I just don't see that with Reagor. Yeah, I get it, he improved his times at TCU Pro Day with some coaches with handhelds and dropped weight. So why didn't he have the weight already shredded for the actual biggest interview of his life?? Drops, poor preparation for interview...I'll pass. I think Hamler will be top 15 picks in second round. Just my opinion, but I think someone will move up for him.
              New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                His highlights are amazing. It’s easy to fall in love with Shenault’s game. If injuries were not a concern, he’s probably WR4 or WR5 in this class for me. He’s the definition of a playmaker. But I can’t lie, his playing style combined with his durability issues scares me a lot. The popular phrase surrounding Viska is that he is a “WR that plays like a RB” and it’s a pretty true statement. He’s a bully on the field and plays with tremendous physicality, often bowling through defenders. I can’t see his usage and physical style being sustainable in the NFL, but who knows? If there’s a player worth taking that kind of chance on, it’s Shenault. He starred at CU and Von Miller’s alma mater DeSoto HS. Things would come full circle if he landed in Denver.
                If Shenualt showed up healthy and run a low 4.4 high 4.3 like he did before his sophomore season he would be a top ten pick. It is all injury concerns that's keeping him down
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm
                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

In the role of a big slot WR, Shenault is going to thrive with a creative offensive coordinator. With Shurmur we can expect a lot more of that than previous years.

There are many WRs I can see filling a role for us and I would be happy with a number of WRs, but Shenault can complete an offensive unit. There are a few teams I could see him landing with that could put those offenses onto another level- Broncos, Saints, Packers.

Snatching up the Buffs best player has been working out for Matt Russell and Elway and I hope we continue to go to that well.

Trade back, trade up- whatever it takes....let's just get this guy. Shurmur could go wild with a group of Lindsey, Gordon, Fant, Sutton and Shenault.
                  Our weak redzone offense from years past will be long gone and honestly I think that is where we need the most help. Other WRs can help us move the chains, but Shenault and Gordon are the guys who are going to turn those FGs into TDs.

Comment

I like Shenault but the concerns with his durability are a part of the equation. I would not want him to be the main WR target because of it.

But I could be convinced of picking him in a the scenario of BPA in the second of a WR double dip. He would be a hell of a complimentary player, just would not trust him to be healthy all season long.

I understand there are some that would have a uncontrolled fit if the Broncos were to select WR with the first two picks.

But with four more picks in the top 118 (4th) and a couple of low key free agent additions the Broncos would be fine. Those four picks could easily be two oline, CB, and either LB or DT as they see fit.

Imagine adding one of the top four WRs and Shenault to the Broncos offense. I can.

Comment

I feel you can get a lot of the same from Chase Claypool. I am not talking the same play style as Shenault has more YAC in his game, but as a guy that can line up outside or inside. You put a CB on him, he will out muscle the defender. Put a LB on him, Motion him out wide, blocking runs to the outside,... just so much Claypool can offer up.

We could grab both and let Shurmur figure the rest out
                      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                        I like Shenault but the concerns with his durability are a part of the equation. I would not want him to be the main WR target because of it.

But I could be convinced of picking him in a the scenario of BPA in the second of a WR double dip. He would be a hell of a complimentary player, just would not trust him to be healthy all season long.

I understand there are some that would have a uncontrolled fit if the Broncos were to select WR with the first two picks.

But with four more picks in the top 118 (4th) and a couple of low key free agent additions the Broncos would be fine. Those four picks could easily be two oline, CB, and either LB or DT as they see fit.

Imagine adding one of the top four WRs and Shenault to the Broncos offense. I can.
                        I would be happy double dipping at WR this draft, there are a couple of guys who aren't making waves and really should. Tyler Johnson is one of these guys.

As for Shenault, his injury concerns are exactly why he has become a value pick IMO. This guy is a superstar to come. A top talent that wouldnt cost us our top draft pick.
                        If your a team looking for a #1 or an X his risk weighs heavily....if your looking for a complimentary piece to complete an offense there are few -if any- that can be used like Shenault. The NFL is a physical game... I actually like the fact Shenault is as ready for that as anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                          I would be happy double dipping at WR this draft, there are a couple of guys who aren't making waves and really should. Tyler Johnson is one of these guys.

As for Shenault, his injury concerns are exactly why he has become a value pick IMO. This guy is a superstar to come. A top talent that wouldnt cost us our top draft pick.
                          If your a team looking for a #1 or an X his risk weighs heavily....if your looking for a complimentary piece to complete an offense there are few -if any- that can be used like Shenault. The NFL is a physical game... I actually like the fact Shenault is as ready for that as anyone.
                          I would prefer they select two WRs in this draft. The talent and widely different types of WRs makes for an interesting opportunity to completely change the WR room.

Going from adequate with Patrick and Hamilton to dynamic with a couple of rookie talents pushing the expectations and production.

I typically think a top 4 with the first rd pick and then a mid rd of Duvernay, Hill , Johnson or later with Hightower or Proche.

But as I mentioned, going WR (not going to argue the names) with the first two picks would be intriguing as anything coming out of this draft. It would be a bold statement that would have many fans ready to riot because of the “ needs in other areas”.

Then the issue becomes more of if Lock is ready to spread the ball around enough.
                          Last edited by FR Tim; 04-14-2020, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Sutton + Shenault = Fitzgerald + Boldin
                            I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
                            I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
                            I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
                            "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                            God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                            Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

Shenault could be everything Cordarrelle Patterson was supposed to be, he could also be Cordarrelle Patterson

Comment

Working...
                              X