No announcement yet.

Trade back and draft Laviska Shenault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a mock where we draft Henderson and him with our 2nd pick.

Comment

Originally posted by MHOC View Post
      Saw a mock where we draft Henderson and him with our 2nd pick.
      It's looking more and more like we will pass on WR in the 1st. The 46 will be used for the WR the team likes. I just hope the end of the 1st doesn't start another run of WRs or we may have to use a later pick to secure our guy.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
        It's looking more and more like we will pass on WR in the 1st. The 46 will be used for the WR the team likes. I just hope the end of the 1st doesn't start another run of WRs or we may have to use a later pick to secure our guy.
        Curious. Where are you getting the impression that they are not looking WR in the first? IMO it is still wide open on who/ position the choose.

Elway may not even know because if he waits at #15 a lot of scenarios could play out leaving a wide variety of players.

I like Shenault a lot as a player but not sure he is the right fit for the Broncos. For those that haven’t read his letter to the GMs posted above it is worth the read. I’ll be rooting for him.

The only way I see (or would want)the Broncos selecting Shenault would be as a result of one of many trade down to the mid 20s suggestions that resulted in multiple 2nds .

Basically pairing him with a Mims, Aiyuk, Hamler, Pittman as part of a 2 WRs in the top 5 picks strategy. Highly unlikely and specific. He would be an incredible potential contributor but also an incredible risk as the primary WR targeted.

Comment

I thought we already tried the "draft an injured receiver" strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
            Curious. Where are you getting the impression that they are not looking WR in the first? IMO it is still wide open on who/ position the choose.

Elway may not even know because if he waits at #15 a lot of scenarios could play out leaving a wide variety of players.

I like Shenault a lot as a player but not sure he is the right fit for the Broncos. For those that haven’t read his letter to the GMs posted above it is worth the read. I’ll be rooting for him.

The only way I see (or would want)the Broncos selecting Shenault would be as a result of one of many trade down to the mid 20s suggestions that resulted in multiple 2nds .

Basically pairing him with a Mims, Aiyuk, Hamler, Pittman as part of a 2 WRs in the top 5 picks strategy. Highly unlikely and specific. He would be an incredible potential contributor but also an incredible risk as the primary WR targeted.
            A WR at 15 -I should say

Mostly because we had limited interviews at the combine where we met with Aiyuk and Shenault and Reagor. We did have interviews with Juedy and Ruggs as well but more recently pre draft calls with Denzel Mims. This is no smokescreen....this is where our team is filtering out/interviewing most of our candidates. Most of these guys aren't going at 15 so either we are trading back slightly to get one or we are (most likely) going to target one with our second pick.

The Broncos needing a WR is the worst kept secret in the draft. The urgency is where all the games are being played.
            We need the Raiders, Eagles, Jets thinking about us. We want the Raiders using their 12 because they fear the 18 is too late for their WR. We want Philly drafting ahead of us because they will want their guy. We want the Jets thinking we are after Lamb or Jeudy and they might have to make a move.

Comment

Originally posted by welderhead View Post
              I thought we already tried the "draft an injured receiver" strategy.
              He's not injured that's the best part.
              But he does have this false legacy about him that has been created by mockers. This guy has led the nation in receptions and led the nation in broken tackles. He's a much safer selection then a guy who led the combine in speed.

But your right, DT is a perfect example of not making a mountain out of a mole hill injury.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                A WR at 15 -I should say

Mostly because we had limited interviews at the combine where we met with Aiyuk and Shenault and Reagor. We did have interviews with Juedy and Ruggs as well but more recently pre draft calls with Denzel Mims. This is no smokescreen....this is where our team is filtering out/interviewing most of our candidates. Most of these guys aren't going at 15 so either we are trading back slightly to get one or we are (most likely) going to target one with our second pick.

The Broncos needing a WR is the worst kept secret in the draft. The urgency is where all the games are being played.
                We need the Raiders, Eagles, Jets thinking about us. We want the Raiders using their 12 because they fear the 18 is too late for their WR. We want Philly drafting ahead of us because they will want their guy. We want the Jets thinking we are after Lamb or Jeudy and they might have to make a move.
                Thanks for the clarification. A WR at #15 seems likely. But not certain IMO.

As much as I want a WR ( Ruggs/ Jeudy) I am also understand if the draft goes against that outcome if a run on WRs drops a foundation OT , CB or even DT into their laps.

Also skeptical that any of the WRs you mention are still available at #46. Broncos either “settle” for a Hamler or Pittman or find a way to get a pick in the mid 30s at the latest.

Going to be interesting to see how Elway prefers it

Comment

Here's a red flag that is far more damning than playing (and playing well) while injured like Shenault did.

Henry Ruggs 4.27 40 time had 12 receptions in his career traveling downfield over 20 yards. 11 WRs in this draft class had more than that- this year alone.

Jeudy, Lamb, Shenault, Mims, Aiyuk, Reagor, Pittman, Jefferson- all guys who are far more likely to continue their levels of contributions then Ruggs evolving beyond what he has largely been. He has been surrounded with talent and produced about 3 balls per game.

Ruggs is the biggest risk in the group and the one most likely to fall imo. There are a lot of good WRs that teams are going to have to pass on for a guy who didn't blow anything away except the 40.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                    Thanks for the clarification. A WR at #15 seems likely. But not certain IMO.

As much as I want a WR ( Ruggs/ Jeudy) I am also understand if the draft goes against that outcome if a run on WRs drops a foundation OT , CB or even DT into their laps.

Also skeptical that any of the WRs you mention are still available at #46. Broncos either “settle” for a Hamler or Pittman or find a way to get a pick in the mid 30s at the latest.

Going to be interesting to see how Elway prefers it
                    Jeudy would be an incredible addition he is the best WR in the group IMO.

I feel the same way about the WR availability at 46.
                    I think we prob prefer to trade down and get the WR we want as opposed to having to either wait for #46 or give up assets to move up.

Comment

Working...
                    X