Trade up scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade up scenario

Let me start by saying I'm not for trading up. But, if we do, I would prefer not to give up a lot.

Therefore, what do you all think of this possible trade:

Broncos get #13 (1150 points on chart value) from the 49ers (via Colts)

49ers get #15 (1050 points) and #95 (120 points). The #95 pick is what we got for Emmanuel Sanders.

We could almost be assured that we get one of the top WR or OT and all we give them is their third round pick back.

I'd be ok with that. Thoughts?

I would be ok with this...but I really hope we have our mind made up on a certain player and are just acting out of need. I would rather us be completely sold on a player that we are trading up for than trading up for the last guy on our list. If it is the last guy on our list, I would rather us trade down and let someone else trade us their second for that last guy on their list move.
    New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
      I would be ok with this...but I really hope we have our mind made up on a certain player and are just acting out of need. I would rather us be completely sold on a player that we are trading up for than trading up for the last guy on our list. If it is the last guy on our list, I would rather us trade down and let someone else trade us their second for that last guy on their list move.
      Completely agree. I think Elway likes all of the top 3 wide receivers, so, depending on how the draft plays out, I think a trade up like this would be for one of the receivers. Of the top 4 OT, they have only met or talked to Wirfs and Wills. So unless one of them slide, I think a small move up would likely be for a WR.

Comment

I’m unsure if SF would do that deal considering they probably would want their choice of a top WR or DL. On the Denver side, if that get us one step closer to our choice of WR— I’d do it.

I think LV and SF definitely go WR. There’s a small chance JAX goes WR at #9. I think if Elway wants to ensure he gets his guy, he should call NYJ at #11. Anywhere in the top 10 would probably require us giving up #46, which is a huge no from me.

If we want to move up 4-5 spots from #15, it seems like we’ll have to give up one of our 3rd round picks, and I’m more than okay with that.
        https://i.imgur.com/7Q7tpCd.png

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
          I’m unsure if SF would do that deal considering they probably would want their choice of a top WR or DL. On the Denver side, if that get us one step closer to our choice of WR— I’d do it.

I think LV and SF definitely go WR. There’s a small chance JAX goes WR at #9. I think if Elway wants to ensure he gets his guy, he should call NYJ at #11. Anywhere in the top 10 would probably require us giving up #46, which is a huge no from me.

If we want to move up 4-5 spots from #15, it seems like we’ll have to give up one of our 3rd round picks, and I’m more than okay with that.
          I don't think the Jets want to trade down. They are desperate for a WR and I don't see them passing on one of the top WR.

The 49ers deal was the only one that I thought could be possible as they don't pick until the fifth round after the first round. While I think San Francisco will try to move down from #31 to acquire more picks, this scenario was just an idea if we really wanted to move up without giving up our second round pick, and possibly tempt the 49ers to get back their third rounder.

Comment

Ultimately, I would rather stay at 15 or move down.

With all the talk about us possibly looking to move up, I was just tossing out an idea.

Comment

I think Denver tries to target number nine to number 11 range personally. I think they are going to trade up it's just for who for what?

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                I think Denver tries to target number nine to number 11 range personally. I think they are going to trade up it's just for who for what?
                My guess based on Rumors:

Denver sends #15 and 2021 1st to Jax for #9 and #42 (fits rumors of both trading up and a pick between #15 and #46 from Klis). Think Jax is in "Tank for Trevor" mode, so 2021 will appeal greatly to them. We may have to throw in a late 3rd also or maybe Freeman.

WR Jeudy
                OT Cleveland
                CB ???
                Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post

Denver sends #15 and 2021 1st to Jax for #9 and #42 (fits rumors of both trading up and a pick between #15 and #46 from Klis). Think Jax is in "Tank for Trevor" mode, so 2021 will appeal greatly to them. We may have to throw in a late 3rd also or maybe Freeman.

WR Jeudy
                  OT Cleveland
                  CB ???
                  Intriguing scenario. Certainly a bold move if they go that route.

So if understanding correctly, Broncos would get #9, #42 and still keep their 2nd and at least two of their 3rds? Giving up the #15 and what we are hoping will be a low to mid 20s pick next year.

Bold! and I like it

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                    Intriguing scenario. Certainly a bold move if they go that route.

So if understanding correctly, Broncos would get #9, #42 and still keep their 2nd and at least two of their 3rds? Giving up the #15 and what we are hoping will be a low to mid 20s pick next year.

Bold! and I like it
                    You got it. Kinda ties together all the rumors floating out there.

Comment

WR Jeudy
                      OT Cleveland
                      CB ???
                      I am not so inclined to give up a 1st rounder (next year) when we can land a good WR at 15, or later. I would not give up a future 1st unless I had a deal that could not be refused.

But hey, this is in fun, and it's cool to speculate.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        I am not so inclined to give up a 1st rounder (next year) when we can land a good WR at 15, or later. I would not give up a future 1st unless I had a deal that could not be refused.

But hey, this is in fun, and it's cool to speculate.
                        Tough to say, if we could in fact keep our 2nd rounder and add one to it??? Let's say we get LT Thomas/Becton, LB Murray/Queen and or CB Henderson/ Gladney and WR Jefferson/ Higgins? That to me would be worth it.....and we still have 2 3rd round picks to move again if needed!! I like the idea

Comment

WR Jeudy
                          OT Cleveland
                          CB ???
                          Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                          Tough to say, if we could in fact keep our 2nd rounder and add one to it??? Let's say we get LT Thomas/Becton, LB Murray/Queen and or CB Henderson/ Gladney and WR Jefferson/ Higgins? That to me would be worth it.....and we still have 2 3rd round picks to move again if needed!! I like the idea
                          To address this further, often they value future picks one round lower than the actual round, though a 1st is still very valuable. But was that considered in the trade value?

9 and 42 are worth 1830 points to us. 15 is worth 1050, therefore our 2021 1st would have to be approx. 780 points to make it worthwhile to them. That would be equivalent to a 22nd overall pick, if on par. Given our growth as a team, that may be close to reality. But if we are not discounting the future year, I think it gives us a little too much in the exchange.

However you did say we might have to throw in a little more, so that's cool. Then it comes back to, do we really want to lose a future 1st rounder....because each year's draft looks great until next year.

Comment

Typically future picks hold the value of the last pick in that round, but sure every GM will see it differently. According to Rich Hill chart (some say more accurate these days)

Den
                            15 =315
                            95 = 40
                            2021 1st = 184 (value of 32 pick in round one)

Total 539 points

Jax

9 = 387
                            42 = 142

Total 529

I think if we were to pursue this, it becomes a question of which 3rd or sweetening the pot with a player like Freeman. But I do think the value from each team does match up pretty well.

But I'm just trying to read tea leaves here

Comment

I think SF would love to get that pick back. If there is a guy there that the Broncos want it makes a ton of sense for both sides.

I hope we don't trade up, however I do like the thought of keeping this friendly relationship between Elway and Lynch going. I love that these guys are willing to help each other out.

Comment

Working...
                              X