No announcement yet.

Trade up scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As proposed it would be a risk. I mentioned it to a friend and he absolutely hated the idea. Basically stating that what if “ the wheels fall off this season” and they traded away a top pick.

I am envisioning the other side of that coin. What if those picks are the foundation for the next few years or longer.

Looking at the talent available and position of those six picks ( seven if you incl 4th rd 118) I can see potential for 3-4 starters and the others solid contributors. And take into account that pick #9 likely is a player that the Broncos covet, not settling for the next guy.

Those seven picks could be OT, WR, CB, C, LB, WR, DT. Pick correctly and it sets the team up. Having 9 and 42 changes the flow significantly IMO. Well worth the risk of next years 1st.

But I can be wrong, Elway can’t.

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
      Typically future picks hold the value of the last pick in that round, but sure every GM will see it differently. According to Rich Hill chart (some say more accurate these days)

Den
      15 =315
      95 = 40
      2021 1st = 184 (value of 32 pick in round one)

Total 539 points

Jax

9 = 387
      42 = 142

Total 529

I think if we were to pursue this, it becomes a question of which 3rd or sweetening the pot with a player like Freeman. But I do think the value from each team does match up pretty well.

But I'm just trying to read tea leaves here
      I am not familiar with that chart, but I trust you about its value. And you did offer up even more.

But I just get ansi about giving up future 1sts, because we want more goodies this year. It's like me opening my Christmas and Birthday (the 26th) presents at the same time. Feels good one day, but nothing to open on the next.

And I am like most folks, I get excited about a number of players and I can not resist selecting them now. The trouble is, as mentioned, if we have a less than stellar season, we lose a really good pick....plus, we want to stock up good players each and every year.

BUT yes, if we landed some of the players mentioned, I would be smiling for sure, even if I was trying to hide it!!!

Comment

Just looked at the Hall chart. Giving next years pick the #32 value as opposed to the more realistic #22 pick is significant. (69 pts )

Wouldn’t that take the need for a 3rd out of the equation?

I’m optimistic that the Broncos can improve. Maybe 11-5 and a playoff spot? Which puts them in that pick #22-24 range

Just realized that Jags also have the #20 pick this year. Not sure why it makes a difference but feeling petty and a bit indignant about any thought of adding #95.

So apparently I’ve reached an impasse on the possibility of completing this imaginary trade. Laughing at myself for giving it so much thought and emotional investment.

Downside of working from home and reduced workload , I guess.
        Last edited by FR Tim; 04-14-2020, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post

So apparently I’ve reached an impasse on the possibility of completing this imaginary trade. Laughing at myself for giving it so much thought and emotional investment.

Downside of working from home and reduced workload , I guess.
          Actually laughed at this

We have no other sports right now, lots of pressure on the NFL draft...we are emotionally invested,
          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
            Actually laughed at this

We have no other sports right now, lots of pressure on the NFL draft...we are emotionally invested,
            That is debatable I still have my esports

Either way the only way I would trade up if we could net simmons for extra third or pretty cheaply
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
              That is debatable I still have my esports

Either way the only way I would trade up if we could net simmons for extra third or pretty cheaply
              You mean “video games”?

I would not categorize these things together. To each his own.

Comment

What would it cost to trade up with the cardinals sonwe have our man at wr? IMO, NYJ, SF and LV all go WR so the top three are off the boards when we pick.

I see WR as our main priority then OT/CB. Lock needs weapons and Elway needs to trade up with the Cards to get his man as I see Philly as another team in need of a WR and one willing to pull the trigger to get their man.
                www.nrlhub.com NRL HUB

Comment

I think it's better to stay put, unless there is someone they really want to move up for. There will be a good player available when we pick, take the BPA.
                  https://i.imgur.com/YpWz9fm.jpg

Comment

You mean “video games”?

I would not categorize these things together. To each his own.
                    You can but if you look at china or korea these things fill out arenas of people. It is not like people don't watch it. There is a players making over a million dollars to play video competitively. You can tell me with the money being put into it and the popularity of it. It is a sport na is not respecting. It will be in the Olympics soon
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm
                    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                      You can but if you look at china or korea these things fill out arenas of people. It is not like people don't watch it. There is a players making over a million dollars to play video competitively. You can tell me with the money being put into it and the popularity of it. It is a sport na is not respecting. It will be in the Olympics soon
                      As I said, to each his own.

Not being disrespectful to the those playing, watching or spending money on video games. Have fun! But kind of a stretch calling it a “sport”

By your definition, poker tournaments, eating competitions and the Spelling Bee quality as sports. How about the “competition” millions watch on Survivor or Bachelor shows. Sports?

I’m an old guy. The explosion of video games is not my thing. But I acknowledge the significance and impact in our society. Just not my thing. I find the idea of video games in the Olympics comical. It has its platform , structure and competitions. Why the Olympics?

Sorry this is just one of my pet peeves with society. ( Remember old guy!)- call things what they are. Be proud of it. Why attempt to rebrand something to fit into a completely different box in order to legitimize?

Funny because this falls into the same category as another of my pet peeves. E- bicycles. If it has a motor it is a scooter. Don’t be ashamed. Embrace it, enjoy the wind in your face and the freedom of your minimalistic scooter. But quit calling it a bicycle. My POV comes from over 30 yrs as a cyclist. It is not shared by all cyclists.

Rant over!! And yes, I understand how ridiculous I sound.

How about those Broncos? Prefer they stay at #15
                      Last edited by FR Tim; 04-15-2020, 08:35 AM.

Comment

I’m an old guy. The explosion of video games is not my thing.
                        Not even Frogger?

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                          Not even Frogger?
                          Ouch! Frogger? I was an Asteroids guy.. And not that fancy colorized second generation version either. The outlines only..

It is funny thinking about Esports in the Olympics but in all likelihood it is inevitable.

Upon reflection, this is likely the future of sports. The current children players will be the Kings of the future of sports. Think how much fun football will be when it is outlawed due to its violence and we will have to pack stadiums and turn on our TVs to watch holographic or robot players being controlled in a control room.

Will they receive real trophies and Olympic medals or just keep it virtual? Athletes will not even have to be there, they can send their avatars.

Too bad my kids are almost out of high school. It would have been so much easier to not have to take the kids to gyms, rinks or fields for all those pesky practices and games.

And before anyone gets all twisted on how disrespectful I am being towards E-Sports guy. I'm bored and having some fun at his/her expense. Trust me, I'm laughing at myself and my own idiosyncrasies too...

To each his own. Have fun with it.

Just think about how many fellow Bronco fans (or non sports fans) that have no interest in mock drafts and the countless pages of draft discussions we have generated on the topic. Likely consider it a waste of time. And then go check their phones for the latest on celebrity social media trends. SMH
                          Last edited by FR Tim; 04-15-2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

The QBs are the key. There is a good chance all 4 could go in the top 10. If the Chargers stay put and take one- there will become a real panic starting at pick 7 for those QB needy teams. If that happens, some top prospects start to slide.

Trading up might just become the obvious route on draft day. We are set up this year to make such a move if someone falls within reach. I hope we dont take a T in the 1st, but I definitely see the value if your top one starts to slide.
                            Last edited by atwaterandstir; 04-15-2020, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Prefer Broncos not trading up just because "someone falls within reach".

Trading up needs to be a plan. A player you "need" for your team due to his skills, leadership, personality and expected production for years to come. Elway and Co have to love a prospect to trade away assets to go get him. Are there? I have my favorites but I don't love any enough to trade up.

I do not see that player in this draft. Except maybe Simmons. And I am just not seeing him falling far enough or Elway being aggressive enough to trade up to go get him.

I agree there will be panic when players start coming off the board. But I can see it being QB, OT and WRs. Teams moving up to get theirs? Is that Elway?

Until he makes that move on draft day I'm not believing it. IMO trading down is more his style and strategy. .

Comment

giants play a key. their choice is either a tackle to help or simmons appearantly. they brought in 2 lb from green bay but nate solder hasnt been good for them. if they take a tackle i can see simmons falling to carolina or arizona but not much lower than that.

jets can also play a key due to them needing both oline and wr.

honestly elways history doesnt tell us anything as hes been about 50-50 when it comes to trading up or down in the first
                                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X