What would Shock you at 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GMTD View Post
    Whether he's there or not, I would be shocked if we took an ILB in the first round.

Not because we don't need an elite level player in that position (which I think Simmons would be), but simply because Elway doesn't not tend to value that position as needing a first round player.

We could have taken Nelson two years ago, and passed. We could have taken Devin Bush last year, and passed. I think we will also pass on Simmons...

....unless we plan to use him in another position.
    Isaiah Simmons is more than just an ILB. He's also an OLB and SS. With him on the field, Fangio's D would be able to align and defend quite a few personnel packages. He's three positions in one guy. I doubt he would be there at #15, but if he was they should beam the pick in IMO.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

and if you cant get simmons, mckinnely, chinn and dugger are potentially in play if your looking for someone who can do safety/linebacker/slot coverage. chinn started being mock in late 2/ early 3rd but now im starting to see him at the end of the first. mckinnely was early 2nd late first but im seeing a lot of connections with him going to dallas at 17. dugger ive seen mostly middle to late 2nd round. antione winfield is another to a lesser degree in that he can come up into the box (not start there like the others) and slot

jacksons getting up there and fangio likes versatility when it comes to defensive schemes.
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
        and if you cant get simmons, mckinnely, chinn and dugger are potentially in play if your looking for someone who can do safety/linebacker/slot coverage. chinn started being mock in late 2/ early 3rd but now im starting to see him at the end of the first. mckinnely was early 2nd late first but im seeing a lot of connections with him going to dallas at 17. dugger ive seen mostly middle to late 2nd round. antione winfield is another to a lesser degree in that he can come up into the box (not start there like the others) and slot

jacksons getting up there and fangio likes versatility when it comes to defensive schemes.
        A couple others that would fit that description are:

- T. Dye, ORE LB/ w coverage strengths
        - a late rd pick of T. Muse, Clemson. S , good coverage skills for size, better suited to coverage LB in pros

Comment

i like muse as a late pick for sure.
          simmons aside, even if we get one of these safeties id still like us to pick up an ilb like dye, wilson, benard type
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

At this point it’s be shocking if we stayed at 15
            sigpic

Comment

If the top 3 WRs and top 4 OT are gone at 15, but Kinlaw or Brown where still there, I would take one of the two DTs. If the two DTs are gone, I try to trade back into the early 20s and grab
              Henderson/Gladney/Fulton or one of the 2nd tier Wrs (Jefferson/Aiyuk/Reagor/Mims). There could be 6-7 WRs taken in the 1st Round which would be wowsers.

Comment

Working...
              X