bryce perkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bryce perkins

if we could get him in like the 5th or 6th round he would be a great back up to lock. i think he could end up being a steal and great trade bait or a long term back up to lock
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Like the idea. Just to throw out a similar QB that likely could be drafted in 7th or a UDFA.... Khalil Tate AZ

Similar size, athleticism and one read and run mentality. But with a stronger and more accurate arm. He has dropped of the map due to a couple “bad” seasons after having a soph season that had some talking potential Heisman.

Worth a risk as the 3rd string development QB. Prefer the end of the 7th price tag over the 5th/6th suggested for Perkins JMO

Comment

Perkins and Tate would probably be available as UDFAs. The days right after the Draft are pretty interesting.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Perkins and Tate would probably be available as UDFAs. The days right after the Draft are pretty interesting.
        I like that idea a lot. I think both should have the ability to be a #3 QB. They might be better than Brandon Allen actually.

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
          I like that idea a lot. I think both should have the ability to be a #3 QB. They might be better than Brandon Allen actually.
          I don’t think Allen is re-signed yet. So he might not be part of the plans.

Also I don’t know if I would say that Perkins or Tate are “better”. Just different. Allen is likely more of the traditional mold and has proven he can manage a game.

The two rookies need coaching in recognizing defenses and decision making. Both more athletic and could potentially be used in certain Wild Cat type packages early on. Both provide some interesting upside that I’m not seeing or expecting from Allen.

NFL is a copycat league. With the success of T. Hill and L. Jackson last season every team will be looking for their version. Both the rookies may have some interest due to it.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
            I don’t think Allen is re-signed yet. So he might not be part of the plans.

Also I don’t know if I would say that Perkins or Tate are “better”. Just different. Allen is likely more of the traditional mold and has proven he can manage a game.

The two rookies need coaching in recognizing defenses and decision making. Both more athletic and could potentially be used in certain Wild Cat type packages early on. Both provide some interesting upside that I’m not seeing or expecting from Allen.

NFL is a copycat league. With the success of T. Hill and L. Jackson last season every team will be looking for their version. Both the rookies may have some interest due to it.
            I like those ideas. I do not believe either of these guys are a #2 this year, or at least I hope they don't have to be.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
              Like the idea. Just to throw out a similar QB that likely could be drafted in 7th or a UDFA.... Khalil Tate AZ

Similar size, athleticism and one read and run mentality. But with a stronger and more accurate arm. He has dropped of the map due to a couple “bad” seasons after having a soph season that had some talking potential Heisman.

Worth a risk as the 3rd string development QB. Prefer the end of the 7th price tag over the 5th/6th suggested for Perkins JMO
              I have seen both perkins is just more impressive to me. He is a better thrower then tate. His big issue is he tends to break down under pressure and just run if he gets off rythm but that can be coached to Perkins
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Had a thought. Remember last year.....everyone was talking QB's......Correct me if I'm wrong......but it seemed to me that everyone was saying how many good QB's would be available this year. Well......we have a clear cut #1 in Burrow.....then, we have injury prone Tua and then Herbert who many believe has accuracy issues.....what's left ......Love ? expected to go late 1st.....where's all the depth that everyone was talking about ? I think last year was just as good and the prior year was even better.

I pounded the table for Lock last year...we gott'em, I'm so glad. I'm now pounding the table for Ruggs....make the pick John !!!!! Can't wait till next week

Comment

I've been playing with a draft simulator. I don't think it has the first 14 figured because sometimes Thomas or Brown drop to 15 and I don't believe that will happen. Never are the receivers available. Usually I take Jones from Houston in the first. What I've noticed is that I can reliably get CB Bryce Hall, WR Antonio Gandy-Golden, LB Logan Wilson, Tackle Ben Bartch, and Guard Damien Lewis with the remaining picks. I must be rating these guys higher than the computer.

Comment

Working...
                  X