I'm all in Jerry Jeudy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    I’ve thought throughout this whole process that he is a (black) Adam Theilen clone, and will be used as such in our offense.

Here are some clips of Theilen when he was last coached by Shurmur.

https://youtu.be/uCSftdak-xA
    Theilen was the high volume receiver in Shurmur’s offense and I think Jeudy can have similar production and usage. That makes me wonder how Sutton factors into this, because I don’t think Shurmur has had a receiver with his size and unique abilities before. I think Sutton will be used more as a deep threat, seeing how he consistently got separation downfield last season.
    2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
    Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
      Let's slow our roll with comparing him to one of the best WR. Right now he's closer to Calvin Ridley than Marvin Harrison. There are reasons he fell to #15.
      How do you feel they compare to the reasons that Harrison fell to #19?
      Thanks, Reid!
      sigpic
      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

• Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
        Wow I haven’t seen you around in close to a decade. How are you doing man? It’s been a long time I hope all is well.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Chillez View Post
          Wow I haven’t seen you around in close to a decade. How are you doing man? It’s been a long time I hope all is well.
          :wave: Doing rather well, thanks! You?

Close to a decade... that's depressing, but not that far off, I guess. I try to pop in when I think of it, but it's not often enough, to be sure.

Things like getting a guy like Jeudy make it easier to remember to come around.

Edit: What, no wave smiley?
          Thanks, Reid!
          sigpic

Comment

• I actually see Jeudy being closer to Chad Johnson in player comp. Same height, both phenomenal route runners with great footwork. However, Jeudy is faster and weighs slightly more. I don't understand how people (Skip Bayless) can say that Jeudy can only be a premier #2 receiver when Chad Johnson was clearly a premier #1 receiver for a good while. Not to mention that Johnson was still able to separate from defenders in an era where the rules were more lenient towards defenders than it currently is. I think Jeudy, barring injury will out perform Sutton in every category except touchdowns and Avg. That's not a Knock on Courtland either, I see him as a legit premier #1 receiver as well. I think they both go for 1,000 yards this year.

What an exciting time to be a Bronco fan!
            sigpic

Credit Goes To JIM :salute!:

Comment

Close to a decade... that's depressing, but not that far off, I guess. I try to pop in when I think of it, but it's not often enough, to be sure.

Whattup LT?
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                Whattup LT?
                Whatup, AW4M?! Not much here... just a bit of afterglow from last night.

Thoughts on Jeudy?
                Thanks, Reid!
                sigpic

Comment

Guys always develop from all spots. However, prime Marvin Harrison and draftee Marvin Harrison are different guys too. All I'm saying let's slow expectations a tad.
                  What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                  I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    No one wants to give a conceived negative comparison, even though Ridley has been good as second option. I’d be happy with 800 yards and 10 TDs for a rookie.
                    As a rookie WR that's not a bad thing. However, if we are expecting Marvin Harrison on the field, we are going to be disappointed.
                    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Guys always develop from all spots. However, prime Marvin Harrison and draftee Marvin Harrison are different guys too. All I'm saying let's slow expectations a tad.
                      Yeah it’s quite the projection for a rookie. This hyperbole isn’t unwarranted, but we should all be realistic with Jeudy and ourselves in terms of his skill set and fit in Shurmur’s “West Coast on steroids” offense.

With that being said, I think Jerry Jeudy is Jerry Rice and would be in Canton without playing a single down in the NFL (I kid ). I think the Ridley comp is fair. Both are extremely-talented technicians and well-polished coming into the pros. I think Jeudy is more explosive and plays with more speed and suddenness.While Ridley does a bit of everything effortlessly and is incredibly smooth. What’s interesting is that NFL.com compared Amari Cooper and Ridley to Marvin Harrison, while Jeudy was compared to Santonio Holmes. I personally think he plays like a taller AB. I know that doesn’t help with these over-exaggerations, but that’s how advanced and technical Jeudy’s route running is— combined with his toughness and natural hands.
                      2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                      Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

I’ve been good outside the lockdown and Covid-19 like everyone else. Time really flies fast it’s always great to see old face stop by from time to time. Yes very happy and ecstatic with Jerry Jeudy pick it’s a player I really wanted so happy to draft him at #15 without having to trade up.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                          Theilen was the high volume receiver in Shurmur’s offense and I think Jeudy can have similar production and usage. That makes me wonder how Sutton factors into this, because I don’t think Shurmur has had a receiver with his size and unique abilities before. I think Sutton will be used more as a deep threat, seeing how he consistently got separation downfield last season.
                          Shurmur brought in Josh Gordon. I do not think Sutton is as talented, but yes Sutton may very well be used more deep (he does a great job drawing penalties too) and Jeudy is the high volume guy.

High target guys for Shurmur are Slot - TE - RB

Blurb on Jeudy:

"My computer vision measurements show that his explosiveness off the line of scrimmage was faster than Ruggs when measured at game speed from Alabama footage last season. Forecasting his usage alongside Courtland Sutton -- at first blush, this likely means Jeudy will line up more often in the slot -- helps optimize the pass-game opportunity for quarterback Drew Lock in his second season. Jeudy should feel at home in that alignment, as he ran 207 routes (58.8 percent) out of the slot in college last year, catching 47 passes and 7 TDs on 64 targets, per PFF."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...witter_nfl_cfb
                          Last edited by MHSalute; 04-24-2020, 11:40 AM.
                          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

• Jerry "is it cold in Denver?" Jeudy.

Love the pick though.
                            Adopted Poster
                            AZ Snake Fan

Comment

As a rookie WR that's not a bad thing. However, if we are expecting Marvin Harrison on the field, we are going to be disappointed.
                              Marvin Harrison with Peyton Manning or just Marvin Harrison?

Comment

• The comparisons are fun to read thanks everyone.

If he works on his strength like he and many other say I wonder if that will allow us to compare him to another player
                                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Working...
                                X