Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm all in Jerry Jeudy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    In Tampa's case, I would tell them to go ahead and leave a tackle on the board. I could see that happening though, given Brady's history with slot receivers. It can go a lot of ways. SF could still take someone else like Henderson or trade down with Atlanta so ATL can take him. I think they're more likely to trade down from 31, but it's possible.

    Either way, OT, WR, Henderson, or Kinlaw. Somebody's dropping.
    Yes. No matter what at 15 a quality player is available. However I do believe WR is by far and away the best option for us, though it's arguable that OT is a large need with uncertainty at LT. Tomorrow's going to be very interesting.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by armedequation View Post
      i dont buy the knee injury "news". so he played all of last year with no issues and now right before the draft he has knee issues? sounds more like draft manipulation than anything else

      on a brighter note its kinda looking like raiders like lamb and sf likes ruggs so we may not have to trade up to get him
      Kyle Murray is pleading with AZ to take his OU connection (Lamb). This makes OAK take Jeudy or Mimms. SF take Ruggs and Den takes Mimms or Jeudy. All is good. Don’t trade up for WR. DT/Simmons/OT is only trade up value.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
        Kyle Murray is pleading with AZ to take his OU connection (Lamb). This makes OAK take Jeudy or Mimms. SF take Ruggs and Den takes Mimms or Jeudy. All is good. Don’t trade up for WR. DT/Simmons/OT is only trade up value.
        haha i must be tired cause i started reading that as demaryius thomas is worth trading up for and a was going hmmmm
        Glen Haven Fire

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
          Pro Football Focus offensive line rankings for the last 2 years.

          24. Denver Broncos (2018)

          This line dominated at times when fully healthy, but once injuries struck, they had no answer. Their two best starters, Ronald Leary and Matt Paradis, both ended the season on IR. While third-year starter Connor McGovern looked competent at guard, he was a nightmare at center. He allowed 22 pressures in eight games at center filling in for Paradis

          12. Denver Broncos (2019)

          The Broncos didn’t have the offensive line that they initially pictured coming into the season due to an injury to free-agent acquisition Ja’Wuan James. His replacement, Elijah Wilkinson, was the weak link of the group. Wilkinson’s 10 sacks allowed were the fourth most of any tackle this season. All was not lost for Denver, though, as its offensive line ranked in the top half of the league in pass-blocking and run-blocking grade under first-year coach Mike Munchak.

          So, it looks like there was improvement, whether some of us realized it or not. It's also fair to say that you have to give a coach, any coach, more than one year to build a unit/team, whatever. The Steelers were 15th in O-line play (PFF) the year before Munchak got there, 1st the last year he was there, with rankings of 8th, 10th, 3rd and 5th sprinkled in the middle.

          You seem a little bent on the idea that our line is just terrible and nothing we do to fix it (unless it's what you want them to do) will work. It's worth noting that the best O-linemen we've had under Elway's direction have been free agent additions, until Risner, that is.

          Personally, I don't think either of the two tackles that look like they could be stars will be there at 15, and maybe none of the top 4 tackles will be there at 15. So even if you don't want to trade up for a wide receiver, you might have to get on board with trading up for a tackle. Otherwise, who should we draft at 15?
          Really no point responding to the excuse of injuries being the primary factor for years of bad offensive line play, when the injuries you allude to being a major factor account for approximately a 5-7 week period over the span of what, 5 years ? And you can make the smart remarks about it being wrong unless it's something I suggest, but I have been the one who was right about the offensive line situation playing out how it has on multiple occasions now, when the moves first happened, so yeah, whatever

          On your other comment about it being worth noting that our best offensive lineman under Elway have been free agents until Risner, not really. Clady for 2 seasons has probably given us our best tackle play, he was a hold over. The other most consistent over a few year period was also a drafted player, Orlando Franklin. Matt Paradis has probably been our other main stay who was at least solid, and he was an undrafted free agent pickup too. And of course, yeah, Risner. When you look at our best performing lineman since Elway took over, I would actually say that statement isn't really true at all. But it isn't like Elway can draft the position either, that is why I am hoping the Munchak influence has us turning a tide with Risner and hopefully a couple more high round picks.

          Comment


          • #95
            Good points, but Paradis was drafted late (6th round I believe).
            Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
              Kyle Murray is pleading with AZ to take his OU connection (Lamb). This makes OAK take Jeudy or Mimms. SF take Ruggs and Den takes Mimms or Jeudy. All is good. Don’t trade up for WR. DT/Simmons/OT is only trade up value.
              It won’t be the first time he’s pleaded for something that won’t reasonably happen.

              They now how Hopkins, Fitzgerald, and Kirk. With Kirk in the slot, Lamb would be a backup. They also have Isabella, Johnson, and Hakeem Butler from last year’s draft. Lamb will not be a cardinal in the near future.
              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

              Comment


              • #97
                I would take Hakeem Butler if Arizona doesn't want him.

                I still want Jeudy most especially if we don't have to trade up for him.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Jeudy may not be a possibility, Elway says Broncos unlikely to move up

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                    Jeudy may not be a possibility, Elway says Broncos unlikely to move up
                    I’ll take any of the four top wr.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                      Really no point responding to the excuse of injuries being the primary factor for years of bad offensive line play, when the injuries you allude to being a major factor account for approximately a 5-7 week period over the span of what, 5 years ? And you can make the smart remarks about it being wrong unless it's something I suggest, but I have been the one who was right about the offensive line situation playing out how it has on multiple occasions now, when the moves first happened, so yeah, whatever

                      On your other comment about it being worth noting that our best offensive lineman under Elway have been free agents until Risner, not really. Clady for 2 seasons has probably given us our best tackle play, he was a hold over. The other most consistent over a few year period was also a drafted player, Orlando Franklin. Matt Paradis has probably been our other main stay who was at least solid, and he was an undrafted free agent pickup too. And of course, yeah, Risner. When you look at our best performing lineman since Elway took over, I would actually say that statement isn't really true at all. But it isn't like Elway can draft the position either, that is why I am hoping the Munchak influence has us turning a tide with Risner and hopefully a couple more high round picks.
                      I didn't allude to any injuries, the boys (or girls) at pro football focus did, because those are their rankings, not mine. It wasn't a smart comment, it's the truth. You make statements as if our O-line is the worst in the league, and the free agent additions mean nothing, and we need to draft a tackle in the first round or you're going to be mad. Those are almost exactly your words. And who says you're right about the offensive line? That's the part that gets me. You keep saying you're right, but according to whom? You think the 12th rank offensive line in the league is horrible?

                      As for the Elway/line comment, Elway had nothing to do with Clady. I had forgotten that he drafted Franklin, but at one point or another, Vasquez, Mathis and Leary have all graded out as the best O-linemen on the Broncos over the course of a season, and they were all free agents. Nobody he's drafted has graded out as the best lineman on the team over the course of a season. So I'll stand by what I said.
                      All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                        Is his nickname going to be Judge Jeudy?
                        It could be big booty jeudy, but I don't see how that makes a football statement.
                        All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

                        Comment


                        • right now everything is just smoke. Maybe we move up, maybe we don't, depending on how the board falls. If Simmons falls to 8 or 9 I can't see how Elway doesn't try to trade up for him. Similarly if Ruggs and Lamb go at 11 and 12, you better bet Elway will try to trade up to 13 for Jeudy. Similarly we could try to trade down if all the receivers are gone by 15.
                          Superbowl 50 Champions!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
                            I didn't allude to any injuries, the boys (or girls) at pro football focus did, because those are their rankings, not mine. It wasn't a smart comment, it's the truth. You make statements as if our O-line is the worst in the league, and the free agent additions mean nothing, and we need to draft a tackle in the first round or you're going to be mad. Those are almost exactly your words. And who says you're right about the offensive line? That's the part that gets me. You keep saying you're right, but according to whom? You think the 12th rank offensive line in the league is horrible?

                            As for the Elway/line comment, Elway had nothing to do with Clady. I had forgotten that he drafted Franklin, but at one point or another, Vasquez, Mathis and Leary have all graded out as the best O-linemen on the Broncos over the course of a season, and they were all free agents. Nobody he's drafted has graded out as the best lineman on the team over the course of a season. So I'll stand by what I said.
                            According to the results on the field, and the clear weak link the group has remained, do you watch the games ? Also, the constant moves Elway keeps making amongst the group to try and fix it kind of hints that maybe, just maybe, they are not every good and the recent moves have not worked. But hey, maybe you do keep spending huge money year after year after year to fix things which were already been fixed prior, I don't know.

                            Also, I know Clady was inherited, but he has been one of our best guys so I was pointing out that Elway didn't pick him up as a free agent in case you thought maybe he was. Also yes, Vasquez had a year before he turned to a turnstile, and Mathis was rated well by Pro Football Focus, but that doesn't mean much to me, or the NFL actually, as evident by the NFL transaction wire over time. And I know what you are going to say in response to my next point, but I am going to make it anyway.

                            Pro Football Focus and their rating system for offensive lineman is not accurately reflected on the NFL transaction wire, time and time again. Pro Football Focus produce a lot of great statistics which provide great insights, but the overall grading system is not one of them, and that is why it is often questioned. For example, right here, you use Evan Mathias and his PFF rating to say he was one of our best offensive lineman in his time here, I actually thought he was very mediocre in 2015 and I was very happy he wasn't brought back.

                            But, for a guy who rated out as the second best offensive line free agent in 2015, and the 7th best overall free agent, he played so well he received a one year 4 million dollar contract in 2016. The NFL watches everything, they see everything, do you think if Mathias was as good as Pro Football Focus rated him as, he would of received that contract ? No, but he was old, but at the same time guys like Andrew Whiteworth who were actually performing were signing double digit yearly deals, it doesn't add up. And you know who was rated ahead of Mathias as the top free agent offensive lineman ? Richie Incognito, you know how much he made the following year ? 5.5 Million.

                            I also don't think Elway lets one of the top rated offensive lineman in the NFL leave for a one year deal for 4 million annually without offering him a contract. Does that make sense to you ? You may not take that as meaning anything, but the often questioned overall ratings for offensive line, they are questioned for good reason. The NFL transaction history shows that either the NFL has it wrong, or Pro Football Focus have it wrong, I know whose opinion demonstrated through their actions I believe.

                            Comment


                            • Sometimes dreams do come true!!
                              "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

                              Comment


                              • ALL IN!!!

                                I’m elated. High character guy with world class gifts. He is officially in the Orange & Blue.
                                2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                                Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X