Marquise Goodwin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquise Goodwin

Rumored to be on the block. While Goodwin is older, he can still fly, and if we don’t walk away from the draft with Henry Ruggs then Goodwin could bring an element to our offense that we don’t have.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

A speed dimension would be nice, but I don't see it.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

I'm not sure a 29 year old injury prone receiver (played 16 games just once in 7 years), who catches a very low percentage of his targets (often below 55%) is what this team needs.

Last season he had a sweet 57% catch percentage on just 21 targets. The year before that 23 of 43. And in his big year of 2017 he had 105 targets and caught just 56 of those.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...G/GoodMa00.htm

Hard pass, unless he's released and signs a veteran minimum contract.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
        A speed dimension would be nice, but I don't see it.
        Why not? Not saying I think we’re more likely than any of the other 30, but imo the fit makes sense. We don’t have any veterans at receiver, Goodwin return kicks/punts, and he won’t cost much.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
          Why not? Not saying I think we’re more likely than any of the other 30, but imo the fit makes sense. We don’t have any veterans at receiver, Goodwin return kicks/punts, and he won’t cost much.
          Fit makes sense, but too injured.
          What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
          I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            I'm not sure a 29 year old injury prone receiver (played 16 games just once in 7 years), who catches a very low percentage of his targets (often below 55%) is what this team needs.

Last season he had a sweet 57% catch percentage on just 21 targets. The year before that 23 of 43. And in his big year of 2017 he had 105 targets and caught just 56 of those.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...G/GoodMa00.htm

Hard pass, unless he's released and signs a veteran minimum contract.
            That near 1,000 yard season was with 6 games of Hoyer, 5 of Jimmy G.

The next season was Jimmy G, Mullens, Beathard.

This was the first season that they had consistent play, and it was his worst, but he was beat out for PT by better guys than we have outside of Sutton.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
              Fit makes sense, but too injured.
              I can’t argue that.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                That near 1,000 yard season was with 6 games of Hoyer, 5 of Jimmy G.

The next season was Jimmy G, Mullens, Beathard.

This was the first season that they had consistent play, and it was his worst, but he was beat out for PT by better guys than we have outside of Sutton.
                And Hamilton had a broken down Flacco and Brandon Allen before breaking out once Lock became the QB. Does he get slack for that?

The 49ers were so happy with Goodwin that they were looking to trade for Emmanuel Sanders. And now this year, with Sanders gone, they're looking to trade him.

If you want what Goodwin adds (and more) why not just go and sign Tavon Austin?

Comment

There's been talks that the Texans could move Kenny Stills for a third or fourth round pick. He'd come with a $7 million cap hit, I think.

I don't think we'll trade for a WR, but, if we do show any sort of interest in doing so, I'd be more interested in someone like Stills than Goodwin.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                    And Hamilton had a broken down Flacco and Brandon Allen before breaking out once Lock became the QB. Does he get slack for that?
                    I must have missed it, when exactly did Hamilton break out?

Comment

id rather draft a 2nd reciever. cheaper and better options imo
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
                        He didn't. Camp body/3rd maybe 4thwr at best. JAG
                        I need more Oline, please and thank you

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
                          The last 5 games with Lock he had 17 catches, and looked like a capable NFL receiver. I think too many people are giving up on him too soon, he's going to be a very capable 3rd receiver for Denver this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskajoe View Post
                            He didn't. Camp body/3rd maybe 4thwr at best. JAG
                            Yes. But you need a 3rd receiver, and those last 5 games he looked very capable of doing that. But he could still develop into more than that. Have a look at Emmanuel Sanders early NFL career. Or think back to a year ago when people on this board were hammering the table for a WR because Sutton was a bust. WR needs development time, Denver will see that first hand (again) if they draft Ruggs.

Comment

Lol, they’re seriously trying to trade this guy? C’mon, he’s going to get cut, if there’s actually anybody who wants him, they’ll just wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X