Marquise Goodwin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The last 5 games with Lock he had 17 catches, and looked like a capable NFL receiver. I think too many people are giving up on him too soon, he's going to be a very capable 3rd receiver for Denver this year.
    Less than 200 yards and 17 catches in 5 games. I think you and I have a very different view of what it means to break out. Most of the season was a regression. At best he looks like a mediocre slot possession guy. I would not even consider him a factor when drafting.

He took no pressure off of Sutton and should expect to have to fight for a job. He is no real threat to any D.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
      Lol, they’re seriously trying to trade this guy? C’mon, he’s going to get cut, if there’s actually anybody who wants him, they’ll just wait.
      No kidding! He has been terrible and constantly injured. I hope we stay 1000 miles away (at least)

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
        Less than 200 yards and 17 catches in 5 games. I think you and I have a very different view of what it means to break out. Most of the season was a regression. At best he looks like a mediocre slot possession guy. I would not even consider him a factor when drafting.

He took no pressure off of Sutton and should expect to have to fight for a job. He is no real threat to any D.
        Somebody had made the Emmanuel Sanders comparison with Hamilton, both players stats are nearly identical over their first 2 seasons, it was year 3 when Sanders started to take off.

It gives some hope for Hamilton. But yes, no way he’s done enough to justify not taking a receiver.

Comment

The way to look at the receiver position, especially slot with Hamilton, isn't how much better he got with Lock but rather how much Lock will get with a true threat on the inside. Next season isn't going to have a WR class like this, so the time to upgrade the position is this draft. Hamilton is a great player, but he struggles in separation and there's uncertainty if he's worth waiting on to develop when you have talent in every round at slot WR this draft.

He got better with Lock coming in, but put someone like Van Jefferson in there with Ruggs on the outside and the offense becomes exponentially more dynamic instead of incrementally better.
          Last edited by TheAsianPA; 04-22-2020, 12:18 PM.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
            The last 5 games with Lock he had 17 catches, and looked like a capable NFL receiver. I think too many people are giving up on him too soon, he's going to be a very capable 3rd receiver for Denver this year.
            So you argue against Goodwin’s “sweet” 57% catch rate, yet Hamilton “broke out” with 17 catches on 28 targets (60%).

And that’s to the tune of 191 yards (<40ypg, 6.8 yards per target). Goodwin had 8.8 yards per target last year and 9 the two years prior.

Injuries are a legitimate argument, but your argument is very lackluster.
            Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Somebody had made the Emmanuel Sanders comparison with Hamilton, both players stats are nearly identical over their first 2 seasons, it was year 3 when Sanders started to take off.

It gives some hope for Hamilton. But yes, no way he’s done enough to justify not taking a receiver.
              Sanders also had Mike Wallace, Hines Ward, and Antonio Brown on his team (+Randle El for 2010).

Hamilton has been gifted opportunity, and hasn’t done anything with it. He should have effectively been a starter for 1.5 years (after the DT trade).
              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Comparisons like this always require a bit more detailed review than saying their stats were almost identical.

their stats, while similar, do tell different stories when some context is added.

Sanders always averaged more yards per catch and showed signs of explosiveness. He also had many other quality receivers that were in front of him. Hamilton has already had a clear line of sight to the job. He also has a very low YPC that is indicative of a very limited possession receiver.

I hope he improves but I don’t want our WR2 or WR3 being a guy that gets 4 catches, 36 yards and never makes a big play. He needs to develop into a real threat and is running out of time to do it

Comment

I'd prefer Lynn Bowden, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                  X