Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll Time...Are We Trading Up, Back or Staying Put With Pick #1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll Time...Are We Trading Up, Back or Staying Put With Pick #1?

What's your gut feeling? Are we trading up, back, or staying put at 15?

I am going with trading up, although I do want us to trade back. If anything, staying put seems unlikely, because it leaves us in the least assertive position. Whereas a trade, either way, means we sought out who we wanted, and the odds are that player, or even players, did not land up on our doorstep at 15.

I guess I am influenced on this by my wish that we trade back, to load up a little, land Jefferson, and then maybe trade up in two, to get another stud!! BUT I sense we might want to make things happen, get our guy, and hopefully not lose much currency in the process.

What you think?

Trading Up
    33.33%
    Trading Back
    16.67%
    Staying Put At 15
    50.00%
    Last edited by CanDB; 04-20-2020, 04:20 PM.

Mobile so I can't click an option, but I think inevitably we stand Pat at 15. The price will just be too high. However, I feel we move up from our 2nd rounder to either 31 or 37. I see something like Jefferson and Josh Jones
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Trade up somewhere between 5 and 10

Comment

Trade up to 3 to land Simmons

Back to reality, I really do expect a trade up in the 1st round. Part of me thinks it will be early for a WR and part of me thinks it will be late for a S or LB. If they don't trade up early for a WR I think we see a trade up back into the 1st to attempt to get Queen/Murray or Delpit/Mckinney

Comment

Standing pat @ 15 and picking Denzel Mims.....the top 3 WR will be gone.

ps I think by now everyone knows I WANT WANT WANT Henry Ruggs 111:lombardi:

Comment

The rumor is that Denver is trading up with Cleveland to the number 10 spot.

I’ve also heard whispers that Denver is also working with Jacksonville to get the number nine spot.

If nobody takes Jerry Jeudy by the number nine spot I think Denver will trade up.

I’d save the picks by trading back and selecting Mims first or Jefferson second but if Jeudy is a bronco on Thursday night, I won’t complain!
            Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-20-2020, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Trade down with ATL, who wants CB Henderson. We get an extra second.

Then we trade a second and 3rd (or 2 threes and a 5th) for SF pick (31).

If DEN trades up, it’s for an OT or Simmons. Only an idiot would trade up for a WR in this draft.

Comment

I still think we stay patient and see how the draft goes. When we're on the clock at 15, and Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Wirfs and Wills are gone, which is likely, I think we trade down into the early 20's and take Denzel Mims.

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                  Trade down with ATL, who wants CB Henderson. We get an extra second.

Then we trade a second and 3rd (or 2 threes and a 5th) for SF pick (31).

If DEN trades up, it’s for an OT or Simmons. Only an idiot would trade up for a WR in this draft.
                  There's no chance Atlanta would ever trade a second to move up 1 spot. Atlanta's first and second round pick would be enough to get them up to 8th.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

Comment

As much as I’m tempted to predict the trade down to get Jeudy I am just not believing it. Partly because it came out too early. Feels like a misdirection now.

Gut telling me they end up staying at #15 to see how the dominoes fall. End up taking Jefferson, Mims, Kinlaw.

Long-shot pick of Queen.

Just to be clear. I would be thrilled if it turns out Elway is boldly calling his shot and goes and gets Jeudy. (Or Ruggs)
                    Last edited by FR Tim; 04-20-2020, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                      There's no chance Atlanta would ever trade a second to move up 1 spot. Atlanta's first and second round pick would be enough to get them up to 8th.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
                      No way they would give up anything more than a 4-5. I thought they had 21... but I think that’s Philly (and that would be the team to surrender a 2nd to move up, if they were motivated to get to 15)...

I just feel like ILB, DL, OL bigger needs than WR. Taking Ruggs ahead of Kinlaw or Murray is foolish talk.

Now, I get that we need to get Lock another weapon... but in this draft... go get a 2nd round and a third round WR.... just don’t trade up for a WR and don’t take the 3rd or 4th best.

Football is won in the trenches. Get OT and then WR. Trade up for the OT or Simmons (to cover a TE).

Comment

Cecil Lammy is saying that the broncos are trying to move up for Derrick Brown.

I hadn’t heard this until now but I’m not sure he’d fall to 9 or 10 but I guess they seem to think he will!

Also Peter King reporting that the Chiefs are attempting to move up as well for Henry Ruggs. How in the world could the rest of the NFL allow this to happen? Idiocy in FOs across the league!
                        Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-20-2020, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Trade back-
                          Saavy John Elway does it again.

Lack of pre draft workouts has teams scrambling not to miss out on the next big thing.
                          QBs -the only gamble every GM and Owner can't resist. The mystery that has always surrounded the position is amplified this year I think all 4 will be gone before we pick.

Some talented positions will slide and we will get another sweet deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                            Cecil Lammy is saying that the broncos are trying to move up for Derrick Brown.

I hadn’t heard this until now but I’m not sure he’d fall to 9 or 10 but I guess they seem to think he will!

Also Peter King reporting that the Chiefs are attempting to move up as well for Henry Ruggs. How in the world could the rest of the NFL allow this to happen? Idiocy in FOs across the league!
                            There are so many rumours about Denver that it's hard to believe anything right now.

As for KC, they have 5 picks this year, there's no way they're getting up high enough to land Ruggs. And even if they did that would be the worst use of resources imaginable. Unless they're trying to put together a 4x100m relay team to compete in the olympics. There are several holes on that roster (winning makes it easy to mask those), and they're capped out, they need to start adding depth to key places to fortify those holes and also get themselves ready for Mahomes counting $35+ million against their cap.

I hope they trade a bunch of stuff to go up and get Ruggs, it would be an absolute disaster for them.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                              Standing pat @ 15 and picking Denzel Mims.....the top 3 WR will be gone.

ps I think by now everyone knows I WANT WANT WANT Henry Ruggs 111:lombardi:
                              Mims won’t go before Jefferson, especially if we make the pick.
                              Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Working...
                              X