Jeudy vs Jefferson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeudy vs Jefferson

One can be had at pick 15, one we will have to maneuver up for. So tell me, what separates Jeudy from Jefferson to make him worth giving up draft capital for.

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    One can be had at pick 15, one we will have to maneuver up for. So tell me, what separates Jeudy from Jefferson to make him worth giving up draft capital for.
    Each of the big 3 have their specific area where they dominate. Jeudy route running, Ruggs speed, and Lamb explosive playmaking. While Jefferson isn't the best in any one area, but he may be the most well rounded. He doesn't dominate in anyone area, but he is good everywhere. Jeudy has #1 potential, but IMO Jefferson has premier #2 potential. Especially when you factor in that Jefferson operated primarily from the slot. I think Jefferson is a good fit, and I think he may be the guy at 15. It comes down to cost.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Comment

For example, when Arizona moved up from 15 to 10 for Rosen in 18, it cost them a 3rd and 5th. If that's the cost, then I'd definitely consider it.
      What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
      I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Route running. Jeudy is an elite route runner and gets himself open all day based on that. I'm really high on Jefferson though.

I think everything going on is Denver trying to entice WR needy teams to trade up ahead of them, because they want a Tackle, or two, to fall to them at 15.

Comment

As BBN said it's mainly the superior route running. Jeudy is the top dog in this aspect. I would love to have either of these guys though. Both could step in and catch 80 balls as rookies and be 100 catch guys for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
            Each of the big 3 have their specific area where they dominate. Jeudy route running, Ruggs speed, and Lamb explosive playmaking. While Jefferson isn't the best in any one area, but he may be the most well rounded. He doesn't dominate in anyone area, but he is good everywhere. Jeudy has #1 potential, but IMO Jefferson has premier #2 potential. Especially when you factor in that Jefferson operated primarily from the slot. I think Jefferson is a good fit, and I think he may be the guy at 15. It comes down to cost.
            My thoughts exactly. I would add that Jeudy has the upside to become the best route runner in the NFL. If he’s already this advanced as a 20 year-old, I shudder to think what he could develop into once he works with an NFL WR coach and adds some muscle to his frame.

Both players are great. They’re first rounders for a reason. The difference is that Jeudy proved to have a game-changing, AB-like impact (minus the off field issues) and Jefferson has been a highly-reliable, Jarvis Landry-type target. I just think the ceiling is much higher with Jeudy. I agree, cost 100% factors in. I’m content with Jefferson at #15, honestly. But if it takes our 1st, a 3rd, and maybe a 2021 4th to move up for Jeudy— I’m taking that all day.
            2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
            Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

What separates Jeudy from Cooper and Ridley? We heard the same things for both of those guys. Cooper started out strong, before flaming out in Oakland and is getting back to what he was his first two seasons in Dallas. Ridley hasn’t had as big of an impact you’d expect with Julio drawing so much attention but still a solid guy.

Don’t get me wrong Jeudy is a dynamic WR and everything being said about him is true. But is he worth giving up something when you can get a similar player who may not be as explosive but is more well rounded in Jefferson? It’s the classic floor vs ceiling debate and if we didn’t already have Sutton I’d lean towards Jeudy but with Sutton on the team I feel we need a higher floor there.

And if you do prefer the higher ceiling why not Mims? He arguably has the highest ceiling in the class because he’s such a physical specimen, he needs a lot of work on his route running but it’s been proven that when you’re that physically talented at WR you don’t necessarily need an expansive route tree, just a couple of routes that compliment each other.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                What separates Jeudy from Cooper and Ridley? We heard the same things for both of those guys. Cooper started out strong, before flaming out in Oakland and is getting back to what he was his first two seasons in Dallas. Ridley hasn’t had as big of an impact you’d expect with Julio drawing so much attention but still a solid guy.

Don’t get me wrong Jeudy is a dynamic WR and everything being said about him is true. But is he worth giving up something when you can get a similar player who may not be as explosive but is more well rounded in Jefferson? It’s the classic floor vs ceiling debate and if we didn’t already have Sutton I’d lean towards Jeudy but with Sutton on the team I feel we need a higher floor there.

And if you do prefer the higher ceiling why not Mims? He arguably has the highest ceiling in the class because he’s such a physical specimen, he needs a lot of work on his route running but it’s been proven that when you’re that physically talented at WR you don’t necessarily need an expansive route tree, just a couple of routes that compliment each other.
                Cooper was selected to the Pro Bowl in each of his first two seasons in Oakland, one down year isn't exactly flaming out (even then he scored 7 TD in 12 games). Ridley has had as good numbers as one can expect out of a WR2 (63 catches, 866 yards, 7 TD in 13 games last season). In Shurmur's offense, I see Jeudy being the high-volume target while Sutton continues to be the dangerous intermediate/deep threat that he is.

Your points are all valid and truly a matter of philosophy that does not make me envy the decision our FO may make in two days. It really does help that we already have an emerging star in Sutton. One can argue for a high ceiling player that can star opposite of Sutton or a high floor player that can be the undoubted, dutiful second option. If we opt for the latter, do we spend #15 (or a slight trade back) on Jefferson? Do we think he can be a Keenan Allen? Or is he a Marvin Jones? It's all projection. Same can be said for Jeudy.

I actually really like Mims. He was my WR4 before I moved Jefferson up above him. Mims would be a fantastic hit if he reaches his ceiling. I just like Jeudy better long-term. Athleticism wanes quickly (just ask DT-- my player comp for Mims). Football IQ and crafty route-running is the key to longevity in this league and I think Jeudy can have a Larry Fitzgerald type of career. If Shurmur has the confidence that he can coach and scheme Mims into a productive playmaker, then I don't see why they wouldn't take him at #15 too (although I would wince a bit).

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Where we are not in Super Bowl mode this year I could see them focusing their attention on Mims, late 1 or 2. Jefferson is really good. If he runs slot routes better than anyone else in this draft he could be a huge asset immediately in our offense. I still believe Jeudy is better now and will be better later but that could be woodshedding and certainly depends on QB play, offensive schemes, and injuries.

Comment

I'm glad three QBs are ranked top fifteen, one mid/late first and about three more considered day two prospects. Also glad there is more than average depth at WR, T and interior O-Line in this draft pool. This scenario makes it possible for Denver to draft bpa who also fill a need.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

if its jefferson and you put him in the slot where hes home, who starts outside? patrick?
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
                        if its jefferson and you put him in the slot where hes home, who starts outside? patrick?
                        Am I missing something? Courtland Sutton?
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Patrick most likely. I trust Shurmur to find a way to best utilize our receivers’ talents, but I fear that adding a primary slot guy would really hurt Hamilton’s development the most. I would want to see what the 3rd year WR offers in a full season with Lock. Jefferson was most productive in the slot, but he proved in 2018 that he could play outside too. He really can line up anywhere. Same with Jeudy.

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                            Patrick most likely. I trust Shurmur to find a way to best utilize our receivers’ talents, but I fear that adding a primary slot guy would really hurt Hamilton’s development the most. I would want to see what the 3rd year WR offers in a full season with Lock. Jefferson was most productive in the slot, but he proved in 2018 that he could play outside too. He really can line up anywhere. Same with Jeudy.
                            i didnt elaborate but i wasnt saying that jj couldnt play outside but was just curious to see if people wanted him in the slot or outside or both
                            Glen Haven Fire

Comment

While resigned to the high probability, I am 1000% against going WR in round one. This draft is set up perfectly to follow the same maneuver as last year...trade down, grab an extra 2nd and then move up/in for a guy sliding. Double dip at WR in 2nd and 3rd round and create completion both at slot and at Z.

I would love to see Mims/Aiyuk (to compete with Patrick) taken early 2nd on a move up and Hill/Jefferson(to compete with Hamilton) as a slot guy late 3rd. Still would leave us a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (assuming one was used to move up in 2nd for Mims/Aiyuk) round pick for other spots.
                              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Working...
                              X