No announcement yet.

Jeudy vs Jefferson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expectation seems to be that Shurmur will employ 11 personnel most of the time. If so, it would seem that formations consisting of any five of the following may be seen at X, Y, Z/40, H/20 and RB/30: Sutton, Patrick, Fant, Vannett, rookie (e.g., Jeudy/Jefferson), Hamilton, Beck, Gordon and Lindsay.

A package consisting of Sutton X, Fant Y, rookie Z, Beck H and Gordon RB would put a lot of pressure on a D in defending either run or pass.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      Expectation seems to be that Shurmur will employ 11 personnel most of the time. If so, it would seem that formations consisting of any five of the following may be seen at X, Y, Z/40, H/20 and RB/30: Sutton, Patrick, Fant, Vannett, rookie (e.g., Jeudy/Jefferson), Hamilton, Beck, Gordon and Lindsay.

A package consisting of Sutton X, Fant Y, rookie Z, Beck H and Gordon RB would put a lot of pressure on a D in defending either run or pass.
      And that “pressure to defend” only increases the if “rookie Z” is an elite threat. The lesser the player the less of an impact.

IMO either Jeudy or Jefferson can have that impact. Maybe a few others likely taken by mid 2nd rd. After that the threat diminishes and so does the difficulty to defend.

Back to the original premise, move up for Jeudy or stay at #15 for Jefferson. I’d see who falls to 15. And I would absolutely love Jeudy as that rookie Z!

Likely some WR options to consider along with a couple other positions at #15. Most importantly they maintain their picks.

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
        And that “pressure to defend” only increases the if “rookie Z” is an elite threat.
        This just does not fit Shurmur though, I would say he value the slot WR much more. Look at the history: His focus in the passing game has typically been 1. Slot (OBJ, DJax, and Maclin all left and slot guys brought in to replace them). 2. TE (Draftyed Ertz under Kelly and Engram paced for 130 targets both years) 3. RB

I would be looking for a high volume slot guy for Shurmur, not a Z. Fant and Gordon are already in place.
        Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
          This just does not fit Shurmur though, I would say he value the slot WR much more. Look at the history: His focus in the passing game has typically been 1. Slot (OBJ, DJax, and Maclin all left and slot guys brought in to replace them). 2. TE (Draftyed Ertz under Kelly and Engram paced for 130 targets both years) 3. RB

I would be looking for a high volume slot guy for Shurmur, not a Z. Fant and Gordon are already in place.
          Sounds like Jefferson is the perfect fit for the slot then.

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
            i didnt elaborate but i wasnt saying that jj couldnt play outside but was just curious to see if people wanted him in the slot or outside or both
            No worries, you made a good point. Ideally, you use a player to maximize his strengths so you’re right about putting Jefferson where he’s most comfortable and that’s in the slot.
            2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
            Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
              Sounds like Jefferson is the perfect fit for the slot then.
              I agree, but don't feel he has 1st round value. He is a guy I would love to see slide to a late 1st and we make a move up from 46 to nab. Unlikely but after nabbing Drew in the 2nd last year...
              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

For some, Z is slot because it's an off receiver; terminology. X, Y on, Z/40, H/20, RB/30 off.
                Last edited by samparnell; 04-21-2020, 02:33 PM.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I agree, but don't feel he has 1st round value. He is a guy I would love to see slide to a late 1st and we make a move up from 46 to nab. Unlikely but after nabbing Drew in the 2nd last year...
                  I would disagree. I would give him 1st value and group him with the most mentioned top 3. Just depends on what you prioritize as to which is "better".

Because of this value I don't see him sliding to the late 1st. He is apparently a target (if we can trust any rumors ) of Philly. Either at 21 or moving up if they have to. Including one article I read from a Philly beat writer proposing they trade with the Broncos to ensure they get Jefferson.

Going to interesting to see just how fast the WRs start getting picked before the Broncos select at #46.

Many mocks have the top 4 plus at 2-3 more (Sims, Aiyuk) taken by the end of the first. With Shenault, Higgens, Reagor, likely taken top of the 2nd. By #46 it leaves Hamler, Claypool, Pittman and any that drop taken by the end of the 2nd. By the third rd the talent pool thins out quite a bit. Still some good WRs if you pick the one that excels instead of busts.

Just a s a side note, I have seen multiple mocks with multiple different WRs being taken at #15, seems the pro analysts are just as confused as we are.

I prefer staying at #15 and picking BPA, Hopefully WR. But certainly no later then the 2nd rd. Trading into the 30s even better to add best talent. Will admit that Pittman would not break my heart as a Trojan fan.

Only a couple days left to find out what Elway's preference and strategy is.
                  Last edited by FR Tim; 04-21-2020, 03:48 PM.

Comment

While resigned to the high probability, I am 1000% against going WR in round one. This draft is set up perfectly to follow the same maneuver as last year...trade down, grab an extra 2nd and then move up/in for a guy sliding. Double dip at WR in 2nd and 3rd round and create completion both at slot and at Z.

I would love to see Mims/Aiyuk (to compete with Patrick) taken early 2nd on a move up and Hill/Jefferson(to compete with Hamilton) as a slot guy late 3rd. Still would leave us a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (assuming one was used to move up in 2nd for Mims/Aiyuk) round pick for other spots.
                    I agree with you but if we go WR in round 1 I hope it is Jeudy. I like Jefferson also.

In your scenarios above I don’t think Patrick and Hamilton would do very well in those competitions. IMO, they will both have to fight for a roster spot. Our WR situation, outside of Sutton, is bottom five in the league. Some might argue dead last.

Comment

Working...
                    X