My Final Mock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Final Mock.

My focus of this draft was to restock the our DB group, add a Z and slot WR, and reinforce the OL.

The trades

Denver #15 to Miami for # 26 and #56
    Denver TE Heuerman and 2021 3rd to Tenn for #93

The Draft - (using Daniel Jeremiah top 150 for prospect availability http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...fl-draft-class)

#25 Austin Jackson, OT - He has big upside and we can use a year to get him stronger and better technique. I feel he is a top 10 guy if he had returned for a year.
    #46 Denzel Mims, WR - Another prospect with upside to play Z WR, not as refined but should trend up game by game.
    #56 Matt Hennessy, C - Slots right in between Dalton and Graham.
    #77 Amik Robertson, CB - Slot CB, big play maker.
    #83 Ashtyn Davis, S - I think he would be a CB convert for Vic, quick downhill trigger perfect for zone and has size and speed for boundary work.
    #93 Bryce Hall, CB - 3rd straight DB? We have room on the depth chart for all 3.
    #95 Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB - sub package/ST
    #118 Tyler Johnson, WR - Slot guy, could beat out Hamilton in camp.
    #178 Davon Hamilton, NT - Purcell understudy

Post draft signings (after Simmons contract is finalized)

1. WR Demaryius Thomas - Think he would easily beat out a rookie and Patrick for #2 spot, so 1 year deal allows Mims to grow and hopefully take over snaps in bulk toward the end of the year. DT can work inside also.

Depth Chart

Offense (25)

QB Lock, Driskel
    RB Gordon, Lindsay, Freeman
    WR1 Sutton, Patrick
    WR2 DT, Mims
    Slot Hamilton, Johnson
    TE Fant, Vannett, Fumagalli, Beck
    LT Bolles, Jackson
    LG Risner
    C Hennessy, Morris
    RG Glasgow, Schlottmann
    RT James, Wilkinson

Defense (25)

LDE Casey, Jones
    NT Purcell, Hamilton
    RDE Harris, Walker
    OLB Miller, Chubb, Attaochu, Reed, Hollins
    ILB AJ, Davis, Jewell, Davis-Gaither
    CB Bouye, Bausby, Callahan, Dawson, Robertson, Hall
    S Simmons, Jackson, Davis, Marshall
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Nice job on the mock-
    Great mix of potential and needs. I would be surprised to see Tyler Johnson fall that far though. I would love to get that guy in our WR mix

Comment

Every single player in this mock is a stud.

Jackson would be the OT of the future and could go the Andre Dillard route of essentially having a “redshirt” rookie year as he gets stronger and learns under Munchak.

I’d be surprised if Mims drops to us at #46 but he has a ton of upside and could star opposite Sutton for years to come. Hennessy is a polished center that could be an All-Pro.

I love the 3rd round picks. Robertson is such a sleeper and one of my favorite corners in this draft. Davis has great instincts and would provide versatility for our defense. Hall is a terrific, lengthy outside corner and would be a darkhorse candidate to overtake Bausby to start opposite of Bouye. Davis-Gaither is a fantastic athlete and a LB that Fangio could utilize in several ways.

Johnson may fall due to “character concerns” but he’s a great receiver and would probably be a fringe 1st rounder any other year. He adds a lot to that receiving room with Mims and DT. Hamilton is an absolute run-stuffing NT with plus athleticism, he’s an upgrade over Purcell in the latter aspect.
      2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
      Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Great mock. All players that I really like.

Some things to note though - Mims is really not going to be available at 46. Also instead of Amik Robertson why not go for edge depth? Someone like Julian Okwara or Darrell Taylor would be a good pick in the 3rd round. We need strong depth, hard to say if Malik Reed and Jeremiah Attaochu are good enough yet on a rotational basis.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
          Great mock. All players that I really like.

Some things to note though - Mims is really not going to be available at 46. Also instead of Amik Robertson why not go for edge depth? Someone like Julian Okwara or Darrell Taylor would be a good pick in the 3rd round. We need strong depth, hard to say if Malik Reed and Jeremiah Attaochu are good enough yet on a rotational basis.
          Thanks for the feedback!

I just used Daniel Jeremiah top 150 to project who would be available at each pick. Mims is #46 on that list, so was my BPA at 46. I also think he goes sooner, but he could drift into the 2nd...who knows for sure.

I did look at taking an edge guy, but I decided on waiting on that and letting Reed and Hollins get a 2nd year of development under their belt. Just did not see room on the depth chart for an early pick at edge.

Comment

Yea, DT would certainly beat out a rookie if we go with Mims.
            Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
              Every single player in this mock is a stud.

Jackson would be the OT of the future and could go the Andre Dillard route of essentially having a “redshirt” rookie year as he gets stronger and learns under Munchak.

I’d be surprised if Mims drops to us at #46 but he has a ton of upside and could star opposite Sutton for years to come. Hennessy is a polished center that could be an All-Pro.

I love the 3rd round picks. Robertson is such a sleeper and one of my favorite corners in this draft. Davis has great instincts and would provide versatility for our defense. Hall is a terrific, lengthy outside corner and would be a darkhorse candidate to overtake Bausby to start opposite of Bouye. Davis-Gaither is a fantastic athlete and a LB that Fangio could utilize in several ways.

Johnson may fall due to “character concerns” but he’s a great receiver and would probably be a fringe 1st rounder any other year. He adds a lot to that receiving room with Mims and DT. Hamilton is an absolute run-stuffing NT with plus athleticism, he’s an upgrade over Purcell in the latter aspect.
              Has there been anything concrete on Johnson’s character concerns other than his HS team played dirty or an “area scout telling Jim Nagy/Matt Miller he’s entitled”? Matt Miller has pushed this (and has received a lot of heat for it from the Gopher fan base) but he had a 1st round grade on Johnson in November before this “character issue” dropped his grade 5-6 rounds.

Comment

I'm not sure Hall will be there at 95. I like a lot of the other choices. I strongly disagree about DT. Ancient History IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by welderhead View Post
                  I'm not sure Hall will be there at 95. I like a lot of the other choices. I strongly disagree about DT. Ancient History IMO.
                  I think if fans have proper expectations, then DT is a great fit and it has nothing to do with being a former Broncos. Think we can all agree that the Saints have a great offense, you know who the 2nd leading WR was on that team? 34 year old Ted Ginn with 30 catches for 421 yards. DT can come in and give us 40-55 receptions for 600-700 yards, I have no doubt about that. He may not be the 15 yard per reception guy anymore, but he can still get us 12-13 per and lend lots of knowledge to the WR room.

Expecting any WR to come in day one and be great is really just not practical, I really do hope they find a vet to help ease a rook in.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    Has there been anything concrete on Johnson’s character concerns other than his HS team played dirty or an “area scout telling Jim Nagy/Matt Miller he’s entitled”? Matt Miller has pushed this (and has received a lot of heat for it from the Gopher fan base) but he had a 1st round grade on Johnson in November before this “character issue” dropped his grade 5-6 rounds.
                    Nothing concrete as far as reports go, hence the quotations. Personally, I despise rumors of character concerns unless a player has had legal issues or reports surface from the coaches/staff of their respective schools. Here is a fantastic press conference moment from Minnesota HC PJ Fleck on Tyler Johnson. He was a team captain for the Golden Gophers. I have a 2nd round grade on him and I think he will be great in the NFL. We'll see if NFL teams buy into those rumors, but they probably did their research already.
                    2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                    Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

i have family in minnesota that are big sports fans. i asked them about tj and they said they never heard anything about him being entitled. said he grew up in a rough neighborhood so they dont see the entitled aspect. they also said pj fleck us a no nonsense coach who wouldnt tolerate that kind of attitude. take it for what its worth...
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                        Nothing concrete as far as reports go, hence the quotations. Personally, I despise rumors of character concerns unless a player has had legal issues or reports surface from the coaches/staff of their respective schools. Here is a fantastic press conference moment from Minnesota HC PJ Fleck on Tyler Johnson. He was a team captain for the Golden Gophers. I have a 2nd round grade on him and I think he will be great in the NFL. We'll see if NFL teams buy into those rumors, but they probably did their research already.
                        Yeah I really like him as a prospect, he reminds me a lot of Keenan Allen

Comment

Working...
                        X