X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarshallMoss
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    A few things which Hamler will need to learn. He will not always be the fastest guy on the field. So some of those routes he will need to learn to polish more and better at the NFL level. Look at what Jeudy does right near the top of his routes. He will do things which fool a DB into reacting a certain way and it allows that technically sound and regular separation. Now Hamler is MUCH faster and can move at full speed and change direction. So so e of his tools to accomplish the same misdirection may look similar to those of T.Hill of the Chiefs. Either way if he can polish his game we might have a really special player.

With that in mind we need not forget Patrick is huge. Imagine an OC who actually mixes up RZ options with big sets and speed sets...

1. Patrick, Sutton, Gordon, Fant and O (no way I spell that last name right).

Then you can mix that up.

2. Patrick, Sutton, Gordon/ Lindsay, Beck and Fant/ O.
    It will be pretty exciting to show all the different looks we can put out on offense.

I think KJ's route running is pretty good. Compared to some of the top possession receivers in college he might be down the list, but if you had to rank a combo of route running with speed and elusiveness he would be near the top of the list. Coming out of college he is a way more polished route runner with better hands than what Tyreek Hill was coming out of college. Tyreek's route running and hands were horrible the first couple of years in the NFL, unfortunately for us he really has improved that aspect of his game and is now extremely dangerous. Now it's up to the Broncos and KJ to take it to the next level in the NFL. Using KJ effectively is key to making him dangerous and having a long healthy career with us.

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
    A few things which Hamler will need to learn. He will not always be the fastest guy on the field. So some of those routes he will need to learn to polish more and better at the NFL level. Look at what Jeudy does right near the top of his routes. He will do things which fool a DB into reacting a certain way and it allows that technically sound and regular separation. Now Hamler is MUCH faster and can move at full speed and change direction. So so e of his tools to accomplish the same misdirection may look similar to those of T.Hill of the Chiefs. Either way if he can polish his game we might have a really special player.

With that in mind we need not forget Patrick is huge. Imagine an OC who actually mixes up RZ options with big sets and speed sets...

If he’s not always the fastest guy on the field I’m guessing 99% of the time he will be.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post
    One thing i would bet on is

Huge increase in defensive holding and PI with sutton,judge juedy and kj on the field, jeudys routes, kj speed with Sutton ya somebody gonna be grabbing

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Originally posted by arapaho View Post

Huge increase in defensive holding and PI with sutton,judge juedy and kj on the field, jeudys routes, kj speed with Sutton ya somebody gonna be grabbing
    Don’t forget the 6/1 207lbs Mass that is Melvin Gordon catching out of the backfield!

Leave a comment:

• arapaho
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    What’s interesting is that Jeudy’s game has actually been compared to Diggs. But perhaps Jeudy takes on more of an Adam Thielen role after all. I would like to think Hamler is a rich man’s Darius Slayton for Shurmur’s offense, although if he can be a Stefon Diggs that would be fantastic.
    I'd say Sutton does the more Adam thellien role whil hamler does the Diggs and Jeudy will rotate between doing about any thing.

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    his game reminds me alot of a TY Hilton. but KJ should fit a Stephon Diggs roles really well in this offense.
    What’s interesting is that Jeudy’s game has actually been compared to Diggs. But perhaps Jeudy takes on more of an Adam Thielen role after all. I would like to think Hamler is a rich man’s Darius Slayton for Shurmur’s offense, although if he can be a Stefon Diggs that would be fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    his game reminds me alot of a TY Hilton. but KJ should fit a Stephon Diggs roles really well in this offense.

Leave a comment:

• ThreeGees
    replied
    I just hope he is more like Tyreke Hill than Trindon Holliday

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    Might have been the most annoying video I've ever heard.
    My thoughts exactly.......

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    My man is special bra. You know how I know he’s special? He plays special teams bra. Bra that looks like Desean Jackson here man. My man KJ Hamler. 7 route king!
    Might have been the most annoying video I've ever heard.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    What’s impressive on that 93-yard TD is that Hamler cooked Ohio State nickel CB Shaun Wade off the line. Wade is a sure-fire 1st round pick next year and was a lot better than Damon Arnette (LOL Raiders) last season.

I’m excited to see how Shurmur utilizes Hamler. I don’t think we’ve had a receiver that fast or electric since Eddie Royal.
    I agree he reminds me so much of Eddie Royal in play style also Royal was 2nd round pick back in 2008 maybe foreshadowing. Hopefully Denver gets some of the same impact.

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    What’s impressive on that 93-yard TD is that Hamler cooked Ohio State nickel CB Shaun Wade off the line. Wade is a sure-fire 1st round pick next year and was a lot better than Damon Arnette (LOL Raiders) last season.

I’m excited to see how Shurmur utilizes Hamler. I don’t think we’ve had a receiver that fast or electric since Eddie Royal.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Hamler is so fast and quick super explosive in the open field.

Leave a comment:

• MarshallMoss
    replied
    THEY'LL NEVER CATCH HIM!!!

I cannot get tired of watching this clip. His route before the catch was a thing of beauty and than that speed against a stacked Ohio D is nothing but chills!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X