Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome KJ Hamler to Denver

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    his game reminds me alot of a TY Hilton. but KJ should fit a Stephon Diggs roles really well in this offense.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
      his game reminds me alot of a TY Hilton. but KJ should fit a Stephon Diggs roles really well in this offense.
      What’s interesting is that Jeudy’s game has actually been compared to Diggs. But perhaps Jeudy takes on more of an Adam Thielen role after all. I would like to think Hamler is a rich man’s Darius Slayton for Shurmur’s offense, although if he can be a Stefon Diggs that would be fantastic.
      2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
      Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
        What’s interesting is that Jeudy’s game has actually been compared to Diggs. But perhaps Jeudy takes on more of an Adam Thielen role after all. I would like to think Hamler is a rich man’s Darius Slayton for Shurmur’s offense, although if he can be a Stefon Diggs that would be fantastic.
        I'd say Sutton does the more Adam thellien role whil hamler does the Diggs and Jeudy will rotate between doing about any thing.
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

        Comment


        • #49
          One thing i would bet on is

          Huge increase in defensive holding and PI with sutton,judge juedy and kj on the field, jeudys routes, kj speed with Sutton ya somebody gonna be grabbing
          sigpic
          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by arapaho View Post
            One thing i would bet on is

            Huge increase in defensive holding and PI with sutton,judge juedy and kj on the field, jeudys routes, kj speed with Sutton ya somebody gonna be grabbing
            Don’t forget the 6/1 207lbs Mass that is Melvin Gordon catching out of the backfield!
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by arapaho View Post
              One thing i would bet on is

              Huge increase in defensive holding and PI with sutton,judge juedy and kj on the field, jeudys routes, kj speed with Sutton ya somebody gonna be grabbing
              A few things which Hamler will need to learn. He will not always be the fastest guy on the field. So some of those routes he will need to learn to polish more and better at the NFL level. Look at what Jeudy does right near the top of his routes. He will do things which fool a DB into reacting a certain way and it allows that technically sound and regular separation. Now Hamler is MUCH faster and can move at full speed and change direction. So so e of his tools to accomplish the same misdirection may look similar to those of T.Hill of the Chiefs. Either way if he can polish his game we might have a really special player.

              With that in mind we need not forget Patrick is huge. Imagine an OC who actually mixes up RZ options with big sets and speed sets...

              1. Patrick, Sutton, Gordon, Fant and O (no way I spell that last name right).

              Then you can mix that up.

              2. Patrick, Sutton, Gordon/ Lindsay, Beck and Fant/ O.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                A few things which Hamler will need to learn. He will not always be the fastest guy on the field. So some of those routes he will need to learn to polish more and better at the NFL level. Look at what Jeudy does right near the top of his routes. He will do things which fool a DB into reacting a certain way and it allows that technically sound and regular separation. Now Hamler is MUCH faster and can move at full speed and change direction. So so e of his tools to accomplish the same misdirection may look similar to those of T.Hill of the Chiefs. Either way if he can polish his game we might have a really special player.

                With that in mind we need not forget Patrick is huge. Imagine an OC who actually mixes up RZ options with big sets and speed sets...

                1. Patrick, Sutton, Gordon, Fant and O (no way I spell that last name right).

                Then you can mix that up.

                2. Patrick, Sutton, Gordon/ Lindsay, Beck and Fant/ O.
                If he’s not always the fastest guy on the field I’m guessing 99% of the time he will be.
                sigpic
                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                  A few things which Hamler will need to learn. He will not always be the fastest guy on the field. So some of those routes he will need to learn to polish more and better at the NFL level. Look at what Jeudy does right near the top of his routes. He will do things which fool a DB into reacting a certain way and it allows that technically sound and regular separation. Now Hamler is MUCH faster and can move at full speed and change direction. So so e of his tools to accomplish the same misdirection may look similar to those of T.Hill of the Chiefs. Either way if he can polish his game we might have a really special player.

                  With that in mind we need not forget Patrick is huge. Imagine an OC who actually mixes up RZ options with big sets and speed sets...

                  1. Patrick, Sutton, Gordon, Fant and O (no way I spell that last name right).

                  Then you can mix that up.

                  2. Patrick, Sutton, Gordon/ Lindsay, Beck and Fant/ O.
                  It will be pretty exciting to show all the different looks we can put out on offense.

                  I think KJ's route running is pretty good. Compared to some of the top possession receivers in college he might be down the list, but if you had to rank a combo of route running with speed and elusiveness he would be near the top of the list. Coming out of college he is a way more polished route runner with better hands than what Tyreek Hill was coming out of college. Tyreek's route running and hands were horrible the first couple of years in the NFL, unfortunately for us he really has improved that aspect of his game and is now extremely dangerous. Now it's up to the Broncos and KJ to take it to the next level in the NFL. Using KJ effectively is key to making him dangerous and having a long healthy career with us.
                  "He's going to be the #1 receiver, and is going to be a star in this league for a long time" Todd Mcshay on Jerry Jeudy

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                    A few things which Hamler will need to learn. He will not always be the fastest guy on the field. So some of those routes he will need to learn to polish more and better at the NFL level. Look at what Jeudy does right near the top of his routes. He will do things which fool a DB into reacting a certain way and it allows that technically sound and regular separation. Now Hamler is MUCH faster and can move at full speed and change direction. So so e of his tools to accomplish the same misdirection may look similar to those of T.Hill of the Chiefs. Either way if he can polish his game we might have a really special player.

                    With that in mind we need not forget Patrick is huge. Imagine an OC who actually mixes up RZ options with big sets and speed sets...

                    1. Patrick, Sutton, Gordon, Fant and O (no way I spell that last name right).

                    Then you can mix that up.

                    2. Patrick, Sutton, Gordon/ Lindsay, Beck and Fant/ O.
                    I don't think there are many defender that can hit 23 mph or a run a 4.25 forty.
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm
                    latavis murray trade bait

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      The main difference that adding Hamler brings is YAC and Big Play Possibilities. Defenses have to respect the speed. It changes how they can and will defend the Broncos.

                      And not just Hamler but Jeudy, Fant, and when the time comes Albert O are all tough matchups. Because every one of them has the ability to rip a seam for a huge gain.

                      Defenses forced into certain coverages will open up running lanes and dump off opportunities for Gordon and Lindsey for big chunks too. Just a guess but I’m thinking the days of leading the league in 3and outs is over!

                      Shurmur has to create the offensive space with formations and play calls and Lock has to make the decisions and throws on the field. But I’m liking the potential.

                      Speed and play abilities has to be respected. Broncos gained some respect. Final thought, think back to opening play last year. Now imagine Hamler running the sweep instead of Fant. Better chance of success?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
                        The main difference that adding Hamler brings is YAC and Big Play Possibilities. Defenses have to respect the speed. It changes how they can and will defend the Broncos.

                        And not just Hamler but Jeudy, Fant, and when the time comes Albert O are all tough matchups. Because every one of them has the ability to rip a seam for a huge gain.

                        Defenses forced into certain coverages will open up running lanes and dump off opportunities for Gordon and Lindsey for big chunks too. Just a guess but I’m thinking the days of leading the league in 3and outs is over!

                        Shurmur has to create the offensive space with formations and play calls and Lock has to make the decisions and throws on the field. But I’m liking the potential.

                        Speed and play abilities has to be respected. Broncos gained some respect. Final thought, think back to opening play last year. Now imagine Hamler running the sweep instead of Fant. Better chance of success?
                        Absolutely agree, with his speed and Lock’s big arm it will forces defenses to defend us much differently. And even though Hamler and Jeudy will probably struggle against press, Lock has the ability to buy time for them so teams will also have to factor that into the equation when weighing the pros and cons. I expect defenses to blitz early and often to try and neutralize them, trying to prey on Lock’s inexperience, their ability to get off press, and likely having a rookie C who may have to make line calls while attempting to force us into keeping extra blockers. It’ll be risky but likely better than allowing Lock time to analyze the field.

                        As far as the sweep having success with Hamler, probably not because they didn’t block the DE at all, which to be honest highlighted Scangerello’s inexperience as an OC. You can’t expect that play to have success if you’re essentially blocking it like a bootleg because Fant’s path is straight to the unblocked DE. If it was a zone split then there would’ve been a massive cutback lane. An end around would have been successful too. Although and I don’t remember but if there was a TE on that side he should’ve been responsible for down blocking on the DE to seal the edge.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          Absolutely agree, with his speed and Lock’s big arm it will forces defenses to defend us much differently. And even though Hamler and Jeudy will probably struggle against press, Lock has the ability to buy time for them so teams will also have to factor that into the equation when weighing the pros and cons. I expect defenses to blitz early and often to try and neutralize them, trying to prey on Lock’s inexperience, their ability to get off press, and likely having a rookie C who may have to make line calls while attempting to force us into keeping extra blockers. It’ll be risky but likely better than allowing Lock time to analyze the field.

                          As far as the sweep having success with Hamler, probably not because they didn’t block the DE at all, which to be honest highlighted Scangerello’s inexperience as an OC. You can’t expect that play to have success if you’re essentially blocking it like a bootleg because Fant’s path is straight to the unblocked DE. If it was a zone split then there would’ve been a massive cutback lane. An end around would have been successful too. Although and I don’t remember but if there was a TE on that side he should’ve been responsible for down blocking on the DE to seal the edge.
                          Fair enough Unblocked DEs starts a whole different conversation. Lol. My point is the play in general. Which player has the speed and elusiveness to break a play like that? Once they break contain (if they do!) who do you prefer rounding that corner?

                          The inexperienced WRs, QB and line will get beat. The WRs will struggle at times. But not every receiver, every play. IMO the increase in dynamic players we expect to be on the field is capable of exploiting the defenses much more then in recent years. And a QB capable of getting the ball to them in stride.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
                            1. Patrick, Sutton, Gordon, Fant and O (no way I spell that last name right).

                            Then you can mix that up.

                            2. Patrick, Sutton, Gordon/ Lindsay, Beck and Fant/ O.
                            I was just thinking about 2WR/2TE/1RB sets a bit ago. I like option one as a 'big' red zone package. For 'speed' red zone I would think Sutton/Jeudy/Hamler/Fant/Lindsay. Fun to think about. I hope the new OC can pull this off and I hope Lock can make the right reads.
                            Adopt-A-Bronco: Kendell Hinton

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                              Absolutely agree, with his speed and Lock’s big arm it will forces defenses to defend us much differently. And even though Hamler and Jeudy will probably struggle against press, Lock has the ability to buy time for them so teams will also have to factor that into the equation when weighing the pros and cons. I expect defenses to blitz early and often to try and neutralize them, trying to prey on Lock’s inexperience, their ability to get off press, and likely having a rookie C who may have to make line calls while attempting to force us into keeping extra blockers. It’ll be risky but likely better than allowing Lock time to analyze the field.

                              As far as the sweep having success with Hamler, probably not because they didn’t block the DE at all, which to be honest highlighted Scangerello’s inexperience as an OC. You can’t expect that play to have success if you’re essentially blocking it like a bootleg because Fant’s path is straight to the unblocked DE. If it was a zone split then there would’ve been a massive cutback lane. An end around would have been successful too. Although and I don’t remember but if there was a TE on that side he should’ve been responsible for down blocking on the DE to seal the edge.
                              I am gonna have to disagree with you here jeudy had never had issues for press. He is so smooth off the line it is hard for cbs to get there hands on him. I expect simular things in the nfl
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                This kid’s highlights are electric, but Jeudy is who I’m really excited about. I watched some highlights the other day, and man that dude is a beast. I understand it’s just highlights, but still.....he’s an ankle breaker.
                                sigpic
                                Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X