Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to add this, I missed it during a dramatic time:

Roster sizes are increasing, including the practice squad

As a tradeoff for adding another week to the regular season and two more playoff games, the NFL will increase roster sizes. The active roster will expand from 53 to 55 and the practice squad will grow from 12 players to 14. Altogether, that’s 128 more NFL players earning a salary. It helps too that an extra active players on game day will lighten the load for their teammates.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/3/...-explained-cba

I don't know if that's an immediate change or not.

Comment

Originally posted by listopencil View Post
      Just wanted to add this, I missed it during a dramatic time:

Roster sizes are increasing, including the practice squad

As a tradeoff for adding another week to the regular season and two more playoff games, the NFL will increase roster sizes. The active roster will expand from 53 to 55 and the practice squad will grow from 12 players to 14. Altogether, that’s 128 more NFL players earning a salary. It helps too that an extra active players on game day will lighten the load for their teammates.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/3/...-explained-cba

I don't know if that's an immediate change or not.
      I am going to need to look this up. The reporting there is poor at best. 55 from 53 is great. What it doesn't say is if all 55 are or can be active GameDay. If that is true then wow....

Ok got proper details:

GameDay active roster is increasing from 46 to 48. So that is two extra players on GameDay. The one other new rule is that one of the new two gameda6 active players must be an offensive lineman. That is not a bad thing as it will allow for better development of OL in the nfl. With the spread styles only being partially adopted in the NFL still that group needs all the help it can get.
      Last edited by Rich_C; 07-23-2020, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X