Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roster bubble

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Roster bubble

    S who do you have on the bubble?

    RB Freeman
    TE - All besides Fant, Vannett, and Albert O
    WR Hamilton and Patrick
    OL Schlottmann (if Muti healthy)
    LB Jewell
    CB Yiadom

    Those would be the most significant guys.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

  • #2
    I don't think Yiadom is on the bubble yet, I think it's his spot to lose. If we sign say Amukamara, then I'd agree.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

    Comment


    • #3
      I’ll throw in Demarcus walker unfortunately. It’s a numbers game and Agim is safe as is jones and of course Harris and Casey. He’s gonna have to fight to be that 5th DE

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by the0rangecrush View Post
        I don't think Yiadom is on the bubble yet, I think it's his spot to lose. If we sign say Amukamara, then I'd agree.
        I think he's going to be part of a three way competition between Bausby, him and Ojemudia.
        Superbowl 50 Champions!

        Comment


        • #5
          Jewell is probably not on roster in 2021. I have a lot of faith in Strnad, he is a coverage ILB that is fast and tackles well - things Jewell isn't. Patrick and Hamilton are probably rotation guys, but I doubt we see both on the field at the same time ever again unless we're winning or losing a game by 30 points.
          Superbowl 50 Champions!

          Comment


          • #6
            WR - Hamilton/Patrick, Winfree, Spencer
            TE - Heuerman, Fumagalli, Beck, Butt
            LB - Watson, Jones
            CB - Harris, Dawson
            2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
            Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

            Comment


            • #7
              Imo, Todd Davis is the ILB who would be a cap casualty. Jewell and Davis are clones and Jewell has just a tad bit cheaper of a price tag

              Davis, 6' 240 lbs and ran a 4.87 40 time
              Jewell 6'1" 234 lbs and ran a 4.82 40 time

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
                Imo, Todd Davis is the ILB who would be a cap casualty. Jewell and Davis are clones and Jewell has just a tad bit cheaper of a price tag

                Davis, 6' 240 lbs and ran a 4.87 40 time
                Jewell 6'1" 234 lbs and ran a 4.82 40 time
                I agree. Depending on how Strnad and Jewell do in camp, one of them could quite possibly take the job.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post
                  I think he's going to be part of a three way competition between Bausby, him and Ojemudia.
                  I think Jeff h is gone. Freeman needs to be gone. Hamilton should be cut. Davis needs to be cut.

                  Imo it'd be a mistake to cut Patrick.

                  Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                  S who do you have on the bubble?

                  RB Freeman
                  TE - All besides Fant, Vannett, and Albert O
                  WR Hamilton and Patrick
                  OL Schlottmann (if Muti healthy)
                  LB Jewell
                  CB Yiadom

                  Those would be the most significant guys.
                  I do agree with this list. They're likely others as well.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Why does Freeman need to be gone? Same with Hamilton, Patrick and Jewell?

                    I am fine with all of them being kept as depth.

                    Freeman is a solid 3rd back, who is taking that role if not him? And if Patrick and Hamilton are rated as the "worst" WRs in the room the Broncos have done well for themselves.

                    Quality depth has killed this team in recent years. Many of these bubble suggestions are that quality depth. They get beaten out so be it but until they do I'm not counting them out. Still think there will be a few key FAs added that could change these rooms and bubble players roles.

                    Going to be interesting to see some of those choices. Guy like Muti may be better served starting the year on IR. His last injury was in Oct. He may need to rehab for the year to get the best out of him. Can Cleveland earn that last WR spot because he becomes a valuable STs player. How many WRs? 6? 7?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Was not saying they were going to be cut, just see all those guys are going to be fighting hard to keep a spot.
                      Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
                        Was not saying they were going to be cut, just see all those guys are going to be fighting hard to keep a spot.
                        The Freeman question is one I have had for awhile Almost immediately since Gordon was signed. I've been seeing the comments that Freeman is now expendable. I don't understand it. As I asked, who is taking the 3rd RB role if he is traded or cut. Perhaps it is because of my bias, I think he is a really good RB that has a role with the team. Not dynamic but a solid RB that runs hard.

                        Some players make a ton of sense. For example Heuerman. When they signed Vannett it made sense, now with adding Albert O. it seems only more logical to see him waived to save the money.

                        And there will be several camp battles that will be interesting this year. Which is a good thing IMO. Hopefully the competition leads to improved depth and overall quality of the roster. We shall see.
                        Last edited by FR Tim; 04-26-2020, 11:59 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The issue with Freeman is that he does not play STs, so as a #3 RB he can be replaced. One idea I was kicking around with a Bears fan was a swap of Freeman for Cohen. Bears get a more "typical RB" for 2 years (Cohen has 1 remaining) we get a RB that is an excellent PR, so has ST value and frees up a WR spot being taking up by Spencer. Spencer spot could go to Cleveland, who can handle KO return duties and is a great gunner.

                          Just that kind of roster decisions we face with some of these guys.
                          Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                            I agree. Depending on how Strnad and Jewell do in camp, one of them could quite possibly take the job.
                            Would put Hollins in that list as well

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Broncos waive four players following 2020 NFL Draft: https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...2020-nfl-draft

                              Safety Tyvis Powell, tight end Bug Howard and defensive linemen Deyon Sizer and Jay-Tee Tiuli were all waived.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X