2020 Supplemental Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Supplemental Draft

With everything that is going on in the world today, there’s a legitimate possibility that this year’s supplemental draft has a lot more talent than in years past. Are there any guys you guys think may be inclined to come out?

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    With everything that is going on in the world today, there’s a legitimate possibility that this year’s supplemental draft has a lot more talent than in years past. Are there any guys you guys think may be inclined to come out?
    Idk who may be coming out but I know Fangio shares your opinion. Heard him speculating on this just last week on a radio interview.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 04-27-2020, 03:03 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

I don't see much, other than a group of slugs like Rod Smith, CHJ, Wes Welker and Lindsay.

Slugs!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        I don't see much, other than a group of slugs like Rod Smith, CHJ, Wes Welker and Lindsay.

Slugs!!!!
        What are you talking about? Those players were Undrafted Free Agents, the original poster is talking about the Supplementary draft which is for players who didn't declare for the draft in time but then either lose eligibility or decide that they've changed their minds.

If you select a player in the supplement draft you must declare which round you're taking them, and then you lose that pick in the next draft.

Some players who were selected in the supplementary draft:
        -Bernie Kosar-1985
        -Cris Carter-1987
        -Brian Bosworth-1987
        -Bobby Humphrey-1989 (Broncos)
        The most name worthy player selected in the last 20 years was Josh Gordon, he was selected in 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
          What are you talking about? Those players were Undrafted Free Agents, the original poster is talking about the Supplementary draft which is for players who didn't declare for the draft in time but then either lose eligibility or decide that they've changed their minds.

If you select a player in the supplement draft you must declare which round you're taking them, and then you lose that pick in the next draft.

-Bernie Kosar-1985
          -Cris Carter-1987
          -Brian Bosworth-1987
          The most name worthy player selected in the last 20 years was Josh Gordon, he was selected in 2012
          Can we at least say Bosworth was a slug?

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

-Bernie Kosar-1985
            -Cris Carter-1987
            -Brian Bosworth-1987
            Sorry....I incorrectly correlated. Trying to be funny, but got the wrong draft.

But those were slugs...those undrafted dudes!!!

That's a.....

No more tums today!!

Comment

Any tackles going to declare ? Maybe that is why we ignored the position. What did Fangio say in an interview about the possibility of more talent being available in the supplemental draft this year ?

Comment

I forgot how this worked.....Cris Carter you say!!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                  Any tackles going to declare ? Maybe that is why we ignored the position. What did Fangio say in an interview about the possibility of more talent being available in the supplemental draft this year ?
                  I have wondered if Alex Leatherwood and Walker Little regretted their decisions to go back to school with everything going on. It would be unfortunate to make that decision and not be able to play a full year. If either comes out I hope we go for it.

I also think Paulson Adebo, the CB from Stanford, would have been the 2nd CB off the board if he came out this year. I was surprised he went back to school. Could get interesting if these guys went to the supplemental.

To bad the left tackle from Oregon is not eligible. He should be a top 5 pick next year and would probably be the top pick if it wasn't for the QBs.

Comment

I think It should cause less to be available it all depends if the Corona is going on. If it is then I doubt there's anything. Why take na scuffed offseason when you can get a full one. Even in the supplemental gets like prodays and a chance to sell them selves in person. If they don't get that it's better for people to wait and hope it is gone with in a year. Which to be honest it better be.
                    sigpic
                    oakland raders gm
                    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                      I think It should cause less to be available it all depends if the Corona is going on. If it is then I doubt there's anything. Why take na scuffed offseason when you can get a full one. Even in the supplemental gets like prodays and a chance to sell them selves in person. If they don't get that it's better for people to wait and hope it is gone with in a year. Which to be honest it better be.
                      I think Corona is putting financial concerns all over the place. It will be interesting to see what happens but I wouldn’t be surprised to see some guys jump to get paid sooner rather than later

I am certainly not suggesting they have a better chance to showcase their skills, I think you are correct in that aspect, but I think some guys would rather have a contract than wonder about the unknown future.

Comment

That Oregon kid Sewell? He is going to be paid well someday if he stays healthy. I think even in a shortened season Leatherwood is a high 1st rd pick next year. If he enters the supplemental draft Denver has to take interest. Leatherwood might have gone before Becton and Wirfs this year.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung View Post
                          I think Corona is putting financial concerns all over the place. It will be interesting to see what happens but I wouldn’t be surprised to see some guys jump to get paid sooner rather than later

I am certainly not suggesting they have a better chance to showcase their skills, I think you are correct in that aspect, but I think some guys would rather have a contract than wonder about the unknown future.
                          The only thing I would say to that is most college players don't have time to work so don't have a ton of money anyway
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Just to clarify the supplemental draft process.

Players are made available and then teams put in a bid of draft picks for next year. In the case of most of the OTs being discussed, likely a 1st rd pick. It goes by this years draft order so the Broncos only have to worry about 14 teams outbidding them. Sound correct?

If that is correct, I find it funny how perceptions have changed. I made some mock trade proposals to move up or get an additional early before the draft using future picks.

Idea was universally shut down because “ cant risk giving up a high pick if the Broncos have a bad year” ?

What changed?

Comment

LTs Leatherwood, Little, and CBs Adebo, Wade all would have been in consideration for the 1st round if they came out in 2020. If they declare for the supplemental we should absolutely be in on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X