Should We Go After Logan Ryan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should We Go After Logan Ryan?

Would make a great addition. Should we go after him? There was talk of us targeting him in free agency.

Originally posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
    Would make a great addition. Should we go after him? There was talk of us targeting him in free agency.
    He made it clear on his Twitter that he’s done with Tennessee. I’m not sure if he’d be the best Corner in Denver’s CB room but he’d certainly fit in well however I’m just wondering what is it that John Elway knows that we don’t know.

Why hasn’t John already pursued him? Too much faith in Bausby, Dawson Yiadom, Ojmudia, and Callahan perhaps!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-06-2020, 04:25 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      He made it clear on his Twitter that he’s done with Tennessee. I’m not sure if he’d be the best Corner in Denver’s CB room but he’d certainly fit in well however I’m just wondering what is it that John Elway knows that we don’t know.

Why hasn’t John already pursued him? Too much faith in Bausby, Dawson Yiadom, Ojmudia, and Callahan perhaps!
      Could be the price.
      sigpic2020 HOFER!!!!
      Adopted Bronco: Justin Simmons 2017,2018 ,2019
      PATS FANS COME TO THIS BOARD BECAUSE THEY RESPECT AND APPRECIATE US

Comment

Likely a money issue. Broncos are limited in what they have and they have to be selective on who they spend it on.

Broncos after paying rookies and top 51 have $7.7M left. They can squeeze a few million more with the expected Heuerman cut and the final cuts before the season.

Broncos still have several speculated roster needs in OT, CB, LB, or ????

How do they spend it? On one or two players? Several bargain players? Go with who they have and save cap for an emergency?

Ryan is probably one of several players they are keeping an eye on. If the his salary drops enough ($9M last season) later in the summer they might make a move on him or others.

I would be thrilled to see Ryan or similar talent added. I'll hope for the best . But I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

I'm not familiar with Ryan (or the Broncos' Callahan for that matter:brick but I saw Bausby contributing before the injury. A strong secondary and Denver is poised for a fun season so I'm OK with looking at someone falling through a crack.

Comment

He was the pic six that officially ended Brady’s last play as a patriot... so he’s all good in my books!
            sigpic

Comment

I thought I remember reading something that he will not accept any offer under $10 million per season. I would imagine it’s just a money problem at this point. He would definitely be a solid addition and a perfect “stop gap” for Ojemudia to develop in Fangios system. Maybe as time goes he will be more inclined to accept a lower deal

Comment

I like Logan Ryan and think he would be great on the Broncos defense but... it does sound like he wants too much money. He is probably not a salary fit for the Broncos at this point. Maybe things will change? There is news that the Jets/Lions may be interested.
                sigpic

Comment

...........Yes

Comment

While I would love to add him, If we 10+ million to add a player, I think we have other needs that should take priority.:2cents:
                    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Logan Ryan would be a great addition however it sounds like he wants too much money 9+ million.
                      sigpic

Comment

There is only so much cap space left to sign Simmons, give Lindsay a new contract and maybe sign a Corner and a T.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          There is only so much cap space left to sign Simmons, give Lindsay a new contract and maybe sign a Corner and a T.
                          Resigning Simmons would probably help the cap because the first year value should be less than the franchise tag

Comment

Starting to see reports that he may be heading to the Jets. Nothing conclusive yet.

Interested to see what he ( and Amukamura ) end up agreeing to. Their deals start setting the contracts for the next wave of unsigned free agents.

Elway still needs to find a couple of unsuspected “deals” IMO.

Comment

He's still available. I'd love to cut Heuerman and sign either Ryan or Peters.
                              All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Comment

Working...
                              X