Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Penei Sewell

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by dipablo View Post
    Bolles is gone regardless in my eyes, Even if he kills it this season, some other team will grab him in FA and he'll be salty im sure so dont expect him to give Denver first dibs either. I think Elway skipped OT this year in hopes that not optioning Bolles will get him going for one year then get his replacement in 2021...at least i hope thats his plan.
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I don’t think Bolles will be upset about the option not being exercised at all. Elway has shown him an incredible amount of loyalty for someone who has struggled the way he has. He’s brought in numerous oline coaches specifically for him. He’d have been benched a long time ago elsewhere. I think that’s something Bolles would appreciate and if he does ball out, we have the franchise tag in our back pocket which would pay him better than the option anyway.
    I have to agree with beast here. Bolles has this ride or die vibe about him and if he can keep it together and be an avg LT then I can see Elway and him coming to a decent 3 yr ext. IF. But what I think alot of us are doing is projecting our just overwhelming desire to just move on from bolles. Unfortunately I don't think that will be the case if he shows that improvement. I also think his market will be dulled in other GMs eyes. They will credit the change to munchaks coaching and will be a bit conservative with their offers considering the level of their own coaches. I can definitely see a team friendly deal.
    I need more Oline, please and thank you

    Comment


    • #17
      I believe Bolles will have enough around him to have a much better year. I also believe other teams won't be able to concentrate on that weakness because they'll have so many other fish to fry. He just won't be the conversation he was last season. The next draft? I don't know...superbowl winners don't get great picks that's just the way it goes.:lombardi:

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by welderhead View Post
        I believe Bolles will have enough around him to have a much better year. I also believe other teams won't be able to concentrate on that weakness because they'll have so many other fish to fry. He just won't be the conversation he was last season. The next draft? I don't know...superbowl winners don't get great picks that's just the way it goes.:lombardi:
        Here’s a quick vid on Bolles blocking assignments. There is some definite upside and correctable flaws here
        https://youtu.be/KhOgw-WEsqM

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
          Here’s a quick vid on Bolles blocking assignments. There is some definite upside and correctable flaws here
          https://youtu.be/KhOgw-WEsqM
          4 years starting and still has coachable flaws points to me he doesn't take to coaching well.
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            I don’t think Bolles will be upset about the option not being exercised at all. Elway has shown him an incredible amount of loyalty for someone who has struggled the way he has. He’s brought in numerous oline coaches specifically for him. He’d have been benched a long time ago elsewhere. I think that’s something Bolles would appreciate and if he does ball out, we have the franchise tag in our back pocket which would pay him better than the option anyway.
            I agree with you , but I'm not so sure Bolles will see it that way. With things coming out of his mouth such as "they got me a left tackle" and "I have a reputation for holding but I don't think I should" and his flaring hands every time he gets called along with some reports that have come out. He may still be blaming everyone else and seeing himself as victim. (Quotes are not exact but as I remember them) I hope he does realize that but we shall see.


            I am sure Elway was thinking he has the franchise tag if he wants to use it. I hope Bolles plays well enough for Elway to consider it.
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
              I agree with you , but I'm not so sure Bolles will see it that way. With things coming out of his mouth such as "they got me a left tackle" and "I have a reputation for holding but I don't think I should" and his flaring hands every time he gets called along with some reports that have come out. He may still be blaming everyone else and seeing himself as victim. (Quotes are not exact but as I remember them) I hope he does realize that but we shall see.


              I am sure Elway was thinking he has the franchise tag if he wants to use it. I hope Bolles plays well enough for Elway to consider it.
              I have seen the "franchise tag" comment a couple times now in various threads.Just to clarify, the franchise tag for an OT is currently at $17M per year.

              I'm guessing some would lose their minds if Bolles were to be tagged and making that amount, even if he were to have the most impressive year of improvement in NFL history with no sacks and no holding calls . I'm skeptical the franchise tag is an option.

              My expectations remain about the same. Hopefully (and best case scenario IMO) Bolles has a "better" year. He cuts down on the mistakes and provides solid OT play within the structure of the new offense. Then he and the organization find a common ground on a new contract. preferably in the working range of 3-4 yrs at $9-10M per.

              That salary would put him in the top 20-25 range for Tackles. Probably about where he belongs unless he makes miraculous improvement. Provides him with a nice payday and the Broncos with stability on the oline. Interesting sticking point is going to be James' contract though. The man is making $14M a year and not playing. That has to change.

              This situation is going to be interesting to watch all season long. If Bolles can improve and earn it then so be it. If not the Broncos have a huge position gap to fill and no easy or evident answers to how it gets filled. I remain optimistic Bolles can be this type of player. He has it to prove though.

              Didn’t mean to derail the thread. Sewell looks to be a top 5 pick. The season would have to be a complete collapse for the Broncos to be even close enough to move up for him.

              Broncos hopefully picking in the 20s. Should be another year of solid players slipping into that range. Looking at early mocks for 2021 looks to have QB , WR and OT often and early. Broncos “should” be able to land a quality player. Options at OT, LB, DB or Edge could be promising.
              Last edited by FR Tim; 05-09-2020, 12:35 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                ^^^ while the price tag seems excessive, no Bronco Elway has tagged has actually played under the tag. So even if he does tag him, Elway will likely work out a deal at a much lower cost. Although the one year may be preferred to show some consistency

                Comment

                Working...
                X