Mr. Clowney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Clowney

I think if Elway had just an inkling that this was a year we could really push for a Super Bowl, he would make an effort to sign Clowney. We have the cap space (yes, I know we need to roll over as much as possible to next year), and that man is a monster. I went back and watched the last 4 years of his highlights. He wrecks games. Could you even imagine a front 7 with him, Von, Chubb, Casey, Shelby and whoever else you want to play? Holy crap we'd be scary.

Anyway, the season can't start soon enough.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

On a 1 year deal it’d be fine. Only issue would be where does he play and would he want to come off the bench

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
      On a 1 year deal it’d be fine. Only issue would be where does he play and would he want to come off the bench
      I agree. I am not sure if he would. The argument for it would be to keep you healthy and make it through a full season. The argument against is that if he isn't a starter then can he command what he'd be looking for next season?

Comment

I'm a bit disappointed Elway didn't sign Clowney.

The past couple of years, Miller has been underwhelming.

Clowney could potentially be a suitable replacement for Miller.
        No shade.

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

No shade.
          Clowney has never been a high sack total guy, so I'm not sure he'd be a great replacement if that's what you're looking for. Seattle was 2nd worst in the league last year at sacking the QB with Clowney. Now that's certainly not on Clowney, but he's not a guy who will turn a team into a high sack team.

Comment

I'm not sure Clowney would sign with Denver. It's September 5th and he hasn't signed yet, he's obviously looking for a specific fit. Tennessee has an offer out to him, and the Saints appear to be going all out to sign him.

So you've got a team with a reputation as being a Super Bowl contender that's going all-in this year, because they're going into a massive rebuild after this season. Or you've got another team that was in the playoffs last year and allows him to play Houston twice per season. Or you've got Denver who has a HC with a big reputation for putting great defenses on the field, but the team hasn't been near the playoffs in the last 4 seasons.

If Denver wanted Clowney (and I've read nothing to indicate they do), they'd probably have to go higher on a multi-year contract to get his attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
              Clowney has never been a high sack total guy, so I'm not sure he'd be a great replacement if that's what you're looking for. Seattle was 2nd worst in the league last year at sacking the QB with Clowney. Now that's certainly not on Clowney, but he's not a guy who will turn a team into a high sack team.
              You're right, Clowney isn't a high sack stat guy.
              Buuuttt he's really good in Madden.

Miller just underwhelms me.
              Thankfully, in 2021 the team has a club option: 18M savings and 4M cap hit.

I hope Miller can justify his massive salary this year.

Comment

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ey-source-says

The Saints could have had Clowney, if they had just done what the Browns and Texans did with Osweiler.

The Browns broke the rules and got away with it because they pretended Osweiler had a shot to make the team.

If the Saints had worked this out sooner, they may have been able to get away with it. Maybe not though, it’s probably a tough sell to ask a team to hold a guy on their roster just long enough to keep the NFL from getting suspicious, not to mention the possibility of loose lips sinking the ship.

I hope it takes a few weeks for Clowney to get into football shape. Don’t need him full go on opening week.
                Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
                No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
                Still Not Backing Down!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

No shade.
                  Clowney is probably better suited for a 4-3 defense.

You also probably don’t want him as your best pass rusher, especially since it won’t be too long before Chubb is going to need a new contract.
                  Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
                  No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
                  Still Not Backing Down!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X