Other Teams interesting releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Teams interesting releases

Some guys other teams released who could be interesting for us to pick up.

I'll kick it off with Shaquem Griffin. Was a big fan of him coming out of the draft a couple years ago. Dude has a lot of juice for a LB, speedy, can rush. Obviously a cool story of what he's overcome to make it in the NFL but given our lack of depth he could be a nice pickup.
    A book I wrote

Sydney Jones and Prince Amukamara were released as well as Haha Clinton-Dix and Damarious Randall

We don’t need a WR but Hakeem Butler was pretty highly touted coming out last year as a height/weight/speed guy. Paul Richardson if we want someone to fill in for Hamler for a bit.

Comment

The Clinton Dix release was a surprise considering he was a free agent signing this year

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        The Clinton Dix release was a surprise considering he was a free agent signing this year
        I was surprised by this as well. I can only assume it means something is in the works for Earl Thomas, but I don't know Dallas very well. Maybe they just liked somebody else on the roster better.

The Adrian Peterson release was surprising to me. The have literally zero established running backs on their roster. I get that he's 35 though.

Comment

Originally posted by imahardkase View Post
          I was surprised by this as well. I can only assume it means something is in the works for Earl Thomas, but I don't know Dallas very well. Maybe they just liked somebody else on the roster better.

The Adrian Peterson release was surprising to me. The have literally zero established running backs on their roster. I get that he's 35 though.
          AP signed with The Lions, as you probably know. Heard a report that, though he's made a fortune in football, more than any other RB, he has some financial issues. Not sure if all true, but if so, I suspect he will keep playing as long as he can.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            AP signed with The Lions, as you probably know. Heard a report that, though he's made a fortune in football, more than any other RB, he has some financial issues. Not sure if all true, but if so, I suspect he will keep playing as long as he can.
            He was still productive the past 2 seasons averaging 4.3 and 4.2 ypc on a less than stellar offense. Maybe there is a financial aspect to it but I’d imagine he could get a coaching gig easily. If it wasn’t for the debacle in NO/AZ and the suspension he’d probably be pushing Emmitt Smith right now. I think that’s his goal, but at roughly 4100 yards shy probably not reasonable. But if anyone can do it, it’ll be him. Unless of course Frank Gore plays until he’s 45 lol

Either way, I’m glad he was able to land on a team. I enjoy watching him run the ball even if he has slowed down.

Edit: Completely off topic but speaking of the unobtainable, Fitzgerald is 171 receptions away from tying Jerry Rice in career receptions. Won’t happen this season but I hope he can stick around long enough to reach it
            Last edited by beastlyskronk; 09-07-2020, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              He was still productive the past 2 seasons averaging 4.3 and 4.2 ypc on a less than stellar offense. Maybe there is a financial aspect to it but I’d imagine he could get a coaching gig easily. If it wasn’t for the debacle in NO/AZ and the suspension he’d probably be pushing Emmitt Smith right now. I think that’s his goal, but at roughly 4100 yards shy probably not reasonable. But if anyone can do it, it’ll be him. Unless of course Frank Gore plays until he’s 45 lol

Either way, I’m glad he was able to land on a team. I enjoy watching him run the ball even if he has slowed down.

Edit: Completely off topic but speaking of the unobtainable, Fitzgerald is 171 receptions away from tying Jerry Rice in career receptions. Won’t happen this season but I hope he can stick around long enough to reach it
              You're right about AP, he's in pretty good shape for a long time RB!

As for Fitz....luv the guy! Would not mind if he broke the record, though Rice is numero 1 when it comes to WRs.

Comment

Working...
              X