anyone thinking Trevor Lawrence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    I been looking at him he is good.my concern about speed rushers in the NFL.
    Hey, I’m not going to tell you you’re wrong with your past record. While I may not agree, I believe in your judgement. I’d still want him, if we address the OL as well. Fix the OL, easier said than done apparently, the amount of weapons for TL or even Lock is unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
      If you get TL then there is zero debate, you get the potential next superstar QB. And you trade Lock for a 2nd.

Realistically, I’m aiming for Sewell in the first. Dude is going to manhandle DE in the next level.
      Lock is easily worth a first
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
        Lock is easily worth a first
        Unfortunately we wouldn't get a 1st nor a 2nd for him. Health will be a concern. I honestly don't want him to go. I want him to finish the entire year when he comes back. Give him a chance. Although most know how I felt about him as well.
        We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

Comment

Unfortunately we wouldn't get a 1st nor a 2nd for him. Health will be a concern. I honestly don't want him to go. I want him to finish the entire year when he comes back. Give him a chance. Although most know how I felt about him as well.
          I hope we don't trade him or move on. I feel he won't be able to get a good flip unless he balls out the rest of the season. And if he balls out the rest of this season we won't be in a high enough spot to get tl justin fields(who I feel will be a better nfl qb then tl. Justin is like Cam Newton but faster and throws better. Maybe 10 pounds lighter but 6'3 235 is still big enough to run with power in the nfl like cam) and trey lance. Trey Lance will probably be the biggest wild card this year in the draft i could see him going top 5 to the end of the first round.

I been looking at him he is good.my concern about speed rushers in the NFL.
          He has the size and athletic ability to handle them look at his tape and tell me that looks like a 19 year old kid last season. I feel he still is growing but he has the athletic ability to handle any rushers in the nfl. Now he may be a bit raw as a rookie but I feel with time training and working on techniques. Then you factor his age. I though he had to be at least 21 not 19. I feel he has an all pro type ceiling at ot. He would have been my highest rated ot sense Tunsil and he is at least equal with Tunsil. He looks special to play like he does at such a young age
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm
          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I think we should stay away from Lawrence. I’m not all that impressed with him, something just feels off, maybe it’s his tendency to underthrow passes from time to time.Plus I don’t like lanky 6’6”+ QBs.

Comment

Absolutely this. Improve the line and ride with Lock until at least end of his Rookie contract

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                I think we should stay away from Lawrence. I’m not all that impressed with him, something just feels off, maybe it’s his tendency to underthrow passes from time to time.Plus I don’t like lanky 6’6”+ QBs.
                Ahh the 6’6”+ qb group. John Elway is def going to draft him now. Lol

Comment

I'd much rather invest in the OL. If we end up with a crazy high draft pick then milk it for everything and either target a player who can start on say one or work a trade or sign a FA.

Comment

Originally posted by Rastic View Post
                    I'd much rather invest in the OL. If we end up with a crazy high draft pick then milk it for everything and either target a player who can start on say one or work a trade or sign a FA.
                    Scouting college players will be harder this year because of Covid. Eighteen Tackles were drafted in 2020, six in the first round and four in the top thirteen. Doubt if 2021's T class will be as good, but there will be some first rounders. Denver's draft position is far from being determined in spite of all the pessimistic predictions. QB is not settled as a definite need yet. Tackle, Corner, ILB, DL and maybe OLB are.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      Scouting college players will be harder this year because of Covid. Eighteen Tackles were drafted in 2020, six in the first round and four in the top thirteen. Doubt if 2021's T class will be as good, but there will be some first rounders. Denver's draft position is far from being determined in spite of all the pessimistic predictions. QB is not settled as a definite need yet. Tackle, Corner, ILB, DL and maybe OLB are.
                      Go OT early and then a developmental swing tackle in the middle rounds
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
                        I hope we don't trade him or move on. I feel he won't be able to get a good flip unless he balls out the rest of the season. And if he balls out the rest of this season we won't be in a high enough spot to get tl justin fields(who I feel will be a better nfl qb then tl. Justin is like Cam Newton but faster and throws better. Maybe 10 pounds lighter but 6'3 235 is still big enough to run with power in the nfl like cam) and trey lance. Trey Lance will probably be the biggest wild card this year in the draft i could see him going top 5 to the end of the first round.

He has the size and athletic ability to handle them look at his tape and tell me that looks like a 19 year old kid last season. I feel he still is growing but he has the athletic ability to handle any rushers in the nfl. Now he may be a bit raw as a rookie but I feel with time training and working on techniques. Then you factor his age. I though he had to be at least 21 not 19. I feel he has an all pro type ceiling at ot. He would have been my highest rated ot sense Tunsil and he is at least equal with Tunsil. He looks special to play like he does at such a young age
                        I seen him and been watching him. I still stand by what I say....i feel like speed rusher will give him problems....not saying he can fix it....

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          again....i been saying that from a while....i think he will be ok....but next like some who say he is the next Andrew luck.

Comment

Tough choice if we end up with the #1 pick.

- I don't feel like Trevor is as guaranteed as Luck was...also Luck ended up having a very short shelf-life so you never know

- I'm a believer in Drew Lock. He seems to have "it" but we don't have enough games yet. A lot of young QBs look good until D Coordinators get enough tape on them.

I'd probably try to trade the pick for a king's ransom. I'm guessing you could get 3 first rounders based on the Trevor hype. I'd prefer a team like the Jets that tend to be a case study in failure. Even with Trevor they're likely picking in the top 10 the next two years. That's a way of having our cake and eating it, too. Get a top OT and be in striking distance of a top QB for two more years. If Lock turns out to be legit we can build a dynasty with the additional picks. If he turns out to be a bust we have two more swings at the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                              Tough choice if we end up with the #1 pick.

- I don't feel like Trevor is as guaranteed as Luck was...also Luck ended up having a very short shelf-life so you never know

- I'm a believer in Drew Lock. He seems to have "it" but we don't have enough games yet. A lot of young QBs look good until D Coordinators get enough tape on them.

I'd probably try to trade the pick for a king's ransom. I'm guessing you could get 3 first rounders based on the Trevor hype. I'd prefer a team like the Jets that tend to be a case study in failure. Even with Trevor they're likely picking in the top 10 the next two years. That's a way of having our cake and eating it, too. Get a top OT and be in striking distance of a top QB for two more years. If Lock turns out to be legit we can build a dynasty with the additional picks. If he turns out to be a bust we have two more swings at the ball.
                              He gotta stay healthy. I see a lot of people saying its all bc of the oline.....not all qbs in the nfl have great lines....Wilson , Watson, ryan....but still makes things happen. I'm just being honest most on here know I'm not a big fan of lock but I do want him to come back and finish this season healthy. Hopefully lock can prove ne wrong.

Comment

We won't finish last. If we do, we got way more than one problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X