Clear All

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    for the record I don't want TL. Ijs

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I am just Relived that Denver is now out of the TL Talk for now.
    How are they out??? We won 2 games lol. And have not played 1 division game.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    I am just Relived that Denver is now out of the TL Talk for now.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Interesting that both New York teams are top 2 odds to get the #1 pick. Kinda sad, because I do love New York! But what do they do if this continues? They both went big on QBs in the draft last year. In other words, will Darnold or Jones be cooked if that was the way things end up? High draft picks are critical to the future of teams, so in my opinion, I make sure I get good currency for either one, if I have to make the Lawrence decision.
    I agree - the key will be if they realize they are not doing well they need to get ownership buy in to trade their guy and get a GOOD pick...

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Interesting that both New York teams are top 2 odds to get the #1 pick. Kinda sad, because I do love New York! But what do they do if this continues? They both went big on QBs in the draft last year. In other words, will Darnold or Jones be cooked if that was the way things end up? High draft picks are critical to the future of teams, so in my opinion, I make sure I get good currency for either one, if I have to make the Lawrence decision.

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    It’s fun to look ahead to the offseason, no matter how premature . At this time a year ago, I believed we were firmly in contention for the likes of Andrew Thomas or Jeffery Okudah. I also never thought we had a chance at Jerry Jeudy. Things change as the season goes on (and especially in the offseason) and so will mocks and our projected needs.

With that being said, I hope we’re not in a position where taking Trevor Lawrence is a consideration. That would mean (1) our team finished the rest of the year decently enough to not get the #1 pick and (2) Drew Lock showed enough promise and ability over a larger sample size to show that he can be the guy going into 2021, at the very least. My dream scenario would be ending up with OT Penei Sewell (to replace the free agent Bolles) but I’m afraid we’d need a top 3 pick just to have a chance to take this generational talent. If we extend/franchise tag Bolles, I could see us moving on from Bouye and taking someone like Patrick Surtain II or Caleb Farley. If we end up with a top 5 pick just like we did in 2018, I could see Elway sitting there and letting the best defensive player in the draft slide to him again— this time, Micah Parsons, who would be a home run pick and dream fit in Fangio’s defense.

Leave a comment:

• Rich_C
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Some people are doing mock drafts for the next year draft before the current year draft is complete. It seems to me some people waiting all year for the draft. Another one of the cool things about the NFL that people find entertainment value in the draft process.

Me...I am waiting all year for the NFL to play 16 games plus playoffs. To me...the regular season is THE entertainment and the draft is just something that gets me through the offseason.

Hopefully we win some games. Hopefully we develop some players and that affects our free agency and draft in 2021.

If the NFL season were a NFL game we just finished the 1st Qtr. I do not give up on games in the 1st Qtr and I will not give up on the season in the 1st Qtr.

So no...I am not thinking about the draft in spring 2021. I am thinking about the Pats. Fins and Chiefs.
    You have to be looking ahead a little bit. I mean as you're watching in season and seeing these plays and scenarios play out there is no way you don't look at that and say - "We're gonna need to draft a player or nab a FA to fill that spot...."

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
    It's been a while but IIRC the probability of one team winning all 16 games, assuming both teams were evenly matched and no other biases, is 1/2^16.
    Orlovsky's scenario is hypothetical. Do you think something like that would ever happen?

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    Too right. Been watching AFL/NFL for fifty-six years. The likelihood of two pro football teams, like the 2008 Lions and this year's Jets playing each other sixteen times, and one of the two winning all the games, is zero. Orlovsky would probably be the first to admit to egregious hyperbole. He's probably hoping the Jets go 0-16 to take some of the onus off of him. In his defense, Orlovsky shares the burden with Jon Kitna and Daunte Culpepper.
    It's been a while but IIRC the probability of one team winning all 16 games, assuming both teams were evenly matched and no other biases, is 1/2^16.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Some people are doing mock drafts for the next year draft before the current year draft is complete. It seems to me some people waiting all year for the draft. Another one of the cool things about the NFL that people find entertainment value in the draft process.

Me...I am waiting all year for the NFL to play 16 games plus playoffs. To me...the regular season is THE entertainment and the draft is just something that gets me through the offseason.

Hopefully we win some games. Hopefully we develop some players and that affects our free agency and draft in 2021.

If the NFL season were a NFL game we just finished the 1st Qtr. I do not give up on games in the 1st Qtr and I will not give up on the season in the 1st Qtr.

So no...I am not thinking about the draft in spring 2021. I am thinking about the Pats. Fins and Chiefs.
    Atta Boy! :clap:

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Orlovsky when I think about him I can only remember him running out of the back of the end zone on a pass play and giving the opponent a free safety
    Yep. And not just a slight step out of bounds accidentally, he was at least a full yard out and continued to roll out like it wasn't an issue.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Too right. Been watching AFL/NFL for fifty-six years. The likelihood of two pro football teams, like the 2008 Lions and this year's Jets playing each other sixteen times, and one of the two winning all the games, is zero. Orlovsky would probably be the first to admit to egregious hyperbole. He's probably hoping the Jets go 0-16 to take some of the onus off of him. In his defense, Orlovsky shares the burden with Jon Kitna and Daunte Culpepper.
    Orlovsky when I think about him I can only remember him running out of the back of the end zone on a pass play and giving the opponent a free safety

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I would tend to agree, but these Jets do look historically bad. They've got that perfect mix of a lack of talent, poor coaching, a DC that's a nut job and encourages his players to be cheap, and players who embrace taking stupid penalties. They seem pretty close to adding "giving up on the coach" to the mix to really bring home that 0-16 spirit.

Leave a comment:

• Butler By'Note
    replied
    Unlikely ...
    I would tend to agree, but these Jets do look historically bad. They've got that perfect mix of a lack of talent, poor coaching, a DC that's a nut job and encourages his players to be cheap, and players who embrace taking stupid penalties. They seem pretty close to adding "giving up on the coach" to the mix to really bring home that 0-16 spirit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X