anyone thinking Trevor Lawrence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    its literally children of the corn when it comes to producing football talent in that area. Herman would be wise to pipeline it
    As far as I can tell, Herman has recruited ninety-four players from the State of Texas including sixteen from the Austin area and ten from Austin itself. He has twenty-five players from outside of Texas. UT is a prestigious school which helps recruiting as does the City of Austin itself. I'm sure Drew Brees, Baker Mayfield and Nick Foles would love to have attended UT.

In the event that Denver feels the need to draft a QB next year and they don't have the first pick, which turns out to be Trevor Lawrence, other QBs will be available including Sam Ehlinger.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
      We nearly beat the jets. Things may improve when lock gets back but i think we have a huge range for our pick.
      There is a huge range absolutely, but Denver isn't bad enough to threaten for that top pick. The Jets are historically bad. There are several other teams worse than Denver. Eventually injuries will level out, and players will start coming back and Denver will be winning more. For all of the hyperbole people have used, the only blowout was the Bucs game. Denver lost to a good Titans team by 2, despite the defense playing poorly. And they lost to the Steelers by 5, despite having a backup QB in. This team isn't as bad as some people think.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
        There is a huge range absolutely, but Denver isn't bad enough to threaten for that top pick. The Jets are historically bad. There are several other teams worse than Denver. Eventually injuries will level out, and players will start coming back and Denver will be winning more. For all of the hyperbole people have used, the only blowout was the Bucs game. Denver lost to a good Titans team by 2, despite the defense playing poorly. And they lost to the Steelers by 5, despite having a backup QB in. This team isn't as bad as some people think.
        The thing that worries me is we barely beat the jets its not it was super convincing to me. Right now I am kinda feeling some where between 5 and 10. Which is perfect Alex Leatherwood or Micah Parsons territory
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

The thing that worries me is we barely beat the jets its not it was super convincing to me. Right now I am kinda feeling some where between 5 and 10. Which is perfect Alex Leatherwood or Micah Parsons territory
          Barely beat the Jets, with a 3rd string QB making his first ever career start. Without Rypien throwing those interceptions, that game isn't close.

Comment

After watching the Jets last night I would be shocked if they won a game this year. Undisciplined, minimal talent, a likely coaching change coming up. That team is a complete chit show, they are the easy favorites for Lawrence. No way the Broncos beat them out for it.

Broncos should be looking towards a stud OT or a game changer on Defense. Sewell or Parsons would be my first choices

Comment

Originally posted by Banner29 View Post
              After watching the Jets last night I would be shocked if they won a game this year. Undisciplined, minimal talent, a likely coaching change coming up. That team is a complete chit show, they are the easy favorites for Lawrence. No way the Broncos beat them out for it.

Broncos should be looking towards a stud OT or a game changer on Defense. Sewell or Parsons would be my first choices
              I think we would need top 3 for Sewell.
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm

Comment

Barely beat the Jets, with a 3rd string QB making his first ever career start. Without Rypien throwing those interceptions, that game isn't close.
                Is 37-28 considered close? That's a two score margin of victory. By NFL standards isn't that decisive?

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                  Is 37-28 considered close? That's a two score margin of victory. By NFL standards isn't that decisive?
                  With out personal fouls and stuff how close would the margin be. As bad as the coaching may be here it is obviously way worst In nyj
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by Banner29 View Post

Dan Orlovsky (the QB for the 0-16 Lions) said that his 0-16 team would beat these Jets 16 times.

Comment

It was close until late. But the only reason it was that close was some tough decisions Rypien made. I thought he had a good game overall, but obviously those 3 throws I'm sure he'd want back.

Comment

Dan Orlovsky (the QB for the 0-16 Lions) said that his 0-16 team would beat these Jets 16 times.
                        Unlikely ...

Comment

Unlikely ...
                          I would tend to agree, but these Jets do look historically bad. They've got that perfect mix of a lack of talent, poor coaching, a DC that's a nut job and encourages his players to be cheap, and players who embrace taking stupid penalties. They seem pretty close to adding "giving up on the coach" to the mix to really bring home that 0-16 spirit.

Comment

I would tend to agree, but these Jets do look historically bad. They've got that perfect mix of a lack of talent, poor coaching, a DC that's a nut job and encourages his players to be cheap, and players who embrace taking stupid penalties. They seem pretty close to adding "giving up on the coach" to the mix to really bring home that 0-16 spirit.
                            Too right. Been watching AFL/NFL for fifty-six years. The likelihood of two pro football teams, like the 2008 Lions and this year's Jets playing each other sixteen times, and one of the two winning all the games, is zero. Orlovsky would probably be the first to admit to egregious hyperbole. He's probably hoping the Jets go 0-16 to take some of the onus off of him. In his defense, Orlovsky shares the burden with Jon Kitna and Daunte Culpepper.

Comment

Too right. Been watching AFL/NFL for fifty-six years. The likelihood of two pro football teams, like the 2008 Lions and this year's Jets playing each other sixteen times, and one of the two winning all the games, is zero. Orlovsky would probably be the first to admit to egregious hyperbole. He's probably hoping the Jets go 0-16 to take some of the onus off of him. In his defense, Orlovsky shares the burden with Jon Kitna and Daunte Culpepper.
                              Orlovsky when I think about him I can only remember him running out of the back of the end zone on a pass play and giving the opponent a free safety
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm

Comment

Orlovsky when I think about him I can only remember him running out of the back of the end zone on a pass play and giving the opponent a free safety
                                Yep. And not just a slight step out of bounds accidentally, he was at least a full yard out and continued to roll out like it wasn't an issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X