No announcement yet.

anyone thinking Trevor Lawrence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people are doing mock drafts for the next year draft before the current year draft is complete. It seems to me some people waiting all year for the draft. Another one of the cool things about the NFL that people find entertainment value in the draft process.

Me...I am waiting all year for the NFL to play 16 games plus playoffs. To me...the regular season is THE entertainment and the draft is just something that gets me through the offseason.

Hopefully we win some games. Hopefully we develop some players and that affects our free agency and draft in 2021.

If the NFL season were a NFL game we just finished the 1st Qtr. I do not give up on games in the 1st Qtr and I will not give up on the season in the 1st Qtr.

So no...I am not thinking about the draft in spring 2021. I am thinking about the Pats. Fins and Chiefs.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
      Some people are doing mock drafts for the next year draft before the current year draft is complete. It seems to me some people waiting all year for the draft. Another one of the cool things about the NFL that people find entertainment value in the draft process.

Me...I am waiting all year for the NFL to play 16 games plus playoffs. To me...the regular season is THE entertainment and the draft is just something that gets me through the offseason.

Hopefully we win some games. Hopefully we develop some players and that affects our free agency and draft in 2021.

If the NFL season were a NFL game we just finished the 1st Qtr. I do not give up on games in the 1st Qtr and I will not give up on the season in the 1st Qtr.

So no...I am not thinking about the draft in spring 2021. I am thinking about the Pats. Fins and Chiefs.
      Atta Boy! :clap:
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        Too right. Been watching AFL/NFL for fifty-six years. The likelihood of two pro football teams, like the 2008 Lions and this year's Jets playing each other sixteen times, and one of the two winning all the games, is zero. Orlovsky would probably be the first to admit to egregious hyperbole. He's probably hoping the Jets go 0-16 to take some of the onus off of him. In his defense, Orlovsky shares the burden with Jon Kitna and Daunte Culpepper.
        It's been a while but IIRC the probability of one team winning all 16 games, assuming both teams were evenly matched and no other biases, is 1/2^16.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
          It's been a while but IIRC the probability of one team winning all 16 games, assuming both teams were evenly matched and no other biases, is 1/2^16.
          Orlovsky's scenario is hypothetical. Do you think something like that would ever happen?
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

You have to be looking ahead a little bit. I mean as you're watching in season and seeing these plays and scenarios play out there is no way you don't look at that and say - "We're gonna need to draft a player or nab a FA to fill that spot...."

Comment

It’s fun to look ahead to the offseason, no matter how premature . At this time a year ago, I believed we were firmly in contention for the likes of Andrew Thomas or Jeffery Okudah. I also never thought we had a chance at Jerry Jeudy. Things change as the season goes on (and especially in the offseason) and so will mocks and our projected needs.

With that being said, I hope we’re not in a position where taking Trevor Lawrence is a consideration. That would mean (1) our team finished the rest of the year decently enough to not get the #1 pick and (2) Drew Lock showed enough promise and ability over a larger sample size to show that he can be the guy going into 2021, at the very least. My dream scenario would be ending up with OT Penei Sewell (to replace the free agent Bolles) but I’m afraid we’d need a top 3 pick just to have a chance to take this generational talent. If we extend/franchise tag Bolles, I could see us moving on from Bouye and taking someone like Patrick Surtain II or Caleb Farley. If we end up with a top 5 pick just like we did in 2018, I could see Elway sitting there and letting the best defensive player in the draft slide to him again— this time, Micah Parsons, who would be a home run pick and dream fit in Fangio’s defense.
              2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
              Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Interesting that both New York teams are top 2 odds to get the #1 pick. Kinda sad, because I do love New York! But what do they do if this continues? They both went big on QBs in the draft last year. In other words, will Darnold or Jones be cooked if that was the way things end up? High draft picks are critical to the future of teams, so in my opinion, I make sure I get good currency for either one, if I have to make the Lawrence decision.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Interesting that both New York teams are top 2 odds to get the #1 pick. Kinda sad, because I do love New York! But what do they do if this continues? They both went big on QBs in the draft last year. In other words, will Darnold or Jones be cooked if that was the way things end up? High draft picks are critical to the future of teams, so in my opinion, I make sure I get good currency for either one, if I have to make the Lawrence decision.
                  I agree - the key will be if they realize they are not doing well they need to get ownership buy in to trade their guy and get a GOOD pick...

Comment

I am just Relived that Denver is now out of the TL Talk for now.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                      I am just Relived that Denver is now out of the TL Talk for now.
                      How are they out??? We won 2 games lol. And have not played 1 division game.
                      In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

for the record I don't want TL. Ijs

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

How are they out??? We won 2 games lol. And have not played 1 division game.
                          Because Denver is getting that 3rd win This Sunday !!

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

Because Denver is getting that 3rd win This Sunday !!
                            Ummmm yeah, ..... what you said.

Comment

Right now I feel we finish with 6 to 7 wins. Which should probably put us out of the Lawrence Fields Lance range. I think we may end up looking more at Mac Jones or Kyle Trask who both could end up in the first round if they keep playing as well as they have been. I am not sure I feel I trust either of those qb in the first right now. I know I would take Lock over Lance Jones or Trask at this current point. Also I feel like a run on qb would be great for the broncos. If that happens and we can walk away with Penei Sewell(probably a pipe dream) Alex Leatherwood or Sam Cosmi all who have very good LT upside. This draft actually looks strong for oline expecially in the first round. Wr also looks strong. This looks like another strong year for draft expecially on the offensive side.
                              sigpic
                              oakland raders gm
                              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by corywinget81 View Post

the next "andrew luck" type player is sam ehlinger from ut.
                                lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                I miss real Bronco football

Comment

Working...
                                X