anyone thinking Trevor Lawrence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Right now I feel we finish with 6 to 7 wins. Which should probably put us out of the Lawrence Fields Lance range. I think we may end up looking more at Mac Jones or Kyle Trask who both could end up in the first round if they keep playing as well as they have been. I am not sure I feel I trust either of those qb in the first right now. I know I would take Lock over Lance Jones or Trask at this current point. Also I feel like a run on qb would be great for the broncos. If that happens and we can walk away with Penei Sewell(probably a pipe dream) Alex Leatherwood or Sam Cosmi all who have very good LT upside. This draft actually looks strong for oline expecially in the first round. Wr also looks strong. This looks like another strong year for draft expecially on the offensive side.
    We don't know where we are gonna finish. Again if the gm thinks that is the "guy" you are never out of range.
    In my best Terrell Owen's voice...on Justin Fields. "That's my quarterback"

Comment

Trevor misses this weeks game and now Boston College is beating Clem pretty good. Still plenty of time left but so far it’s showing that TL may be more valuable than we thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
        Trevor misses this weeks game and now Boston College is beating Clem pretty good. Still plenty of time left but so far it’s showing that TL may be more valuable than we thought.
        Dj had a good proformance from the stats
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Nice comeback by Clem. Makes my post irrelevant

Comment

Ummm are we not witness BB plan in the making. Losing to the jets. Oh the jets still have one less win you say? Oh the jets play them again lol. Crazy I know but I wouldn’t put It past BB

Comment

Ummm are we not witness BB plan in the making. Losing to the jets. Oh the jets still have one less win you say? Oh the jets play them again lol. Crazy I know but I wouldn’t put It past BB
              Oh btw they have the 4th most cap space next year with $73m

Comment

Well my comments didn’t age well since pats won lolol

Comment

you were probably right... Cam messed that up too...
                  sigpic

Comment

Throwing into double coverage with under 6 minutes left and up by 10 is such a Joe Flacco move.

Comment

I'm not thinking Trevor Lawrence but I am thinking Mike Shanahan and Wade Phillips back in Denver next year

Comment

We have no choice but to see what Lock has to offer for the rest of the season— I get it. But if he doesn’t show any growth or slight improvement, and we pick somewhere in the top 10... it would be a mistake to pass up on a QB in a very strong class at the top. I know they were #1 picks, but look at Burrow and Murray— they’ve had to make due with subpar offensive lines and a shortened offseason with new weapons as well, yet they have shown genuine promise as NFL QBs (with the latter being a darkhorse MVP candidate). For the last 5 years, we’ve only been competitive because of our defense. To have sustained success in this league, you have to win because of your QB— not despite them. If I’m Denver, I’m not falling into the trap of the sunk cost fallacy. We have one of the best OCs in the NFL in Pat Shumur, who’s playcalling and play designs would actually look a lot better if there was better execution all around, especially from our QB. Bolles is on fire right now and has become one of the best OTs in the league. Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Patrick, and Hamilton are arguably the best young group of receivers in football. Fant and Albert O look like a deadly duo at TE. Risner and Cushenberry will continue to develop and solidify our interior offensive line. RT is a huge question mark but I would argue that securing a franchise QB is more valuable to our team and more urgent of a need.

With that being said— I hope one of Lawrence, Fields, Lance, Wilson, or Trask ends up starting for our team at this time next year. Time to swing for the fences when we have the prime opportunity to do so. No more spending a late 1st round pick or 2nd round pick on an “upside” guy. Broncos Country deserves a consensus top talent under center in 2021.
                        2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                        Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                          We have no choice but to see what Lock has to offer for the rest of the season— I get it. But if he doesn’t show any growth or slight improvement, and we pick somewhere in the top 10... it would be a mistake to pass up on a QB in a very strong class at the top. I know they were #1 picks, but look at Burrow and Murray— they’ve had to make due with subpar offensive lines and a shortened offseason with new weapons as well, yet they have shown genuine promise as NFL QBs (with the latter being a darkhorse MVP candidate). For the last 5 years, we’ve only been competitive because of our defense. To have sustained success in this league, you have to win because of your QB— not despite them. If I’m Denver, I’m not falling into the trap of the sunk cost fallacy. We have one of the best OCs in the NFL in Pat Shumur, who’s playcalling and play designs would actually look a lot better if there was better execution all around, especially from our QB. Bolles is on fire right now and has become one of the best OTs in the league. Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Patrick, and Hamilton are arguably the best young group of receivers in football. Fant and Albert O look like a deadly duo at TE. Risner and Cushenberry will continue to develop and solidify our interior offensive line. RT is a huge question mark but I would argue that securing a franchise QB is more valuable to our team and more urgent of a need.

With that being said— I hope one of Lawrence, Fields, Lance, Wilson, or Trask ends up starting for our team at this time next year. Time to swing for the fences when we have the prime opportunity to do so. No more spending a late 1st round pick or 2nd round pick on an “upside” guy. Broncos Country deserves a consensus top talent under center in 2021.
                          Lance is completely an upside guy. he had 1 good year in the fbs and still struggles moving throw progressions and is a great athlete but at this point in his career he is a big of an upside Developmental guy. I am not sure how i feel with Wilson. i have not seen enough of BYU to judge. i know he is having an amazing year. but this is also coming against lower Competition. I think he is the biggest Question mark at QB in my head. he could be great or he could be good enough to have a BYU team that is generally more talented then the teams it is playing so far to victory. I am also not sold on Trask. i get closer each game but i still think he is a late first early second round guy who looks like a prototypical QB. may not have the best athletism or arm strength. but he has great work eithic. seems to understand the game well.

i don't really feel like Mentioning Fields or Lawrence to get either one of those we would have to end up in the top 2 of the draft. or hope a team like the Boys end up there and are willing to trade it to us. cause right now i don't feel the JEts or the JAgs would pass up either of those guys for all the picks in the world.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
                            I am just Relived that Denver is now out of the TL Talk for now.
                            we might be back in in a couple weeks.
                            I miss real Bronco football

Comment

Originally posted by Siberian Bronco View Post

we might be back in in a couple weeks.

LOL 😂 Right Unreal LOL 😂

Comment

I know he isn’t coming out this year but Kedon Slovis is incredible

Comment

Working...
                                X