Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Siberian Bronco View Post

we might be back in in a couple weeks.
    you think that the jets win 4 games? that seems unlikely to me. we would need the jets to win 4 games, the jags to win at least 2. the chargers to beat us. the bengals to win another game. the Cowboys and WAshington would need to win another game also. while we would have to lose out. i mean some of those are possibly, but it is unlikely that we would pick first overall or even second overall at this point to me.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

If we can't get Lawrence or Fields, then we shouldn't go QB in round one.

No other QB is worth a first round pick.

A day 2 QB that's caught my interest is Jamie Newman (Wake Forest, transferred to Georgia then opted out).

If we go with a mid-round QB, as a potential back up, Kellen Mond from Texas A&M is someone I'd look at.

Honestly though, I'm tired of the round 2-7 QB's (Lock, Osweiler, Siemian, etc.) and the raw, upside first round QB (Lynch).

I want a top prospect who gives us a true legitimate shot at having a franchise QB.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
        If we can't get Lawrence or Fields, then we shouldn't go QB in round one.

No other QB is worth a first round pick.

A day 2 QB that's caught my interest is Jamie Newman (Wake Forest, transferred to Georgia then opted out).

If we go with a mid-round QB, as a potential back up, Kellen Mond from Texas A&M is someone I'd look at.

Honestly though, I'm tired of the round 2-7 QB's (Lock, Osweiler, Siemian, etc.) and the raw, upside first round QB (Lynch).

I want a top prospect who gives us a true legitimate shot at having a franchise QB.
        i don't feel like you have the right read on this class. i would be surprised to see less then 5 QB go in the first round this year. i could also see 4 go top 10.
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm

Comment

I don’t think you can write off the QBs ranked after Lawrence/Fields. They are more than just consolation prizes. Lance, Wilson, Trask, and Jones all have legitimate talent. Some may be more raw than others, some may be more mobile than others— but at the end of the day I think they are all legitimate 1st round QBs come next April. I’m not even speaking out of hindsight, but I would rate all of those QBs over Drew Lock as a prospect coming out of Mizzou. I trust Pat Shurmur and Mike Shula to develop a QB (I’ll gladly eat my words otherwise).

I will say this, though. This roster has talent. Just based on that alone, we may not have a top ten pick for awhile. NYJ and JAX are not trading their picks. If we end up losing out the rest of the season (I hope not), I would be perfectly happy if we took Lance, Wilson, or even Trask top ten. Call me crazy but I see the potential— and not only that, but actual translatable tools that are indicative of successful QBs in the pros. Elway has never selected a QB in the top half of the draft. Lynch was a fringe 1st round pick that elevated his stock from an amazing predraft process. Osweiler was a 2nd round pick with the physical tools. Lock was a 2nd round pick with a productive college career and a huge arm. We have yet to pick a QB that won games consistently for his team (not that wins are a QB stat— just saying that I have yet to see us draft an undeniable college star QB that willed their teams to victory). This is the draft to swing for the fences. If we pick in the top half or even top ten, I would absolutely draft one even if it wasn’t Lawrence/Fields.
          2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
          Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

At this point it doesn't even matter to me no more. If Broncos won't do anything it takes to get on of the special qbs it is what it is...

We will continue to have these subpar seasons 8-8 and lower...Lock is not the answer period

"I'm E2DS and I approve this message 👌"
            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

If the Jets have the #1 pick, Trevor will go back to Clemson for his Senior year. No one in their right mind wants to walk into that disaster.
              Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Safety View Post
                If the Jets have the #1 pick, Trevor will go back to Clemson for his Senior year. No one in their right mind wants to walk into that disaster.
                From what I am reading he is already showing signs of leaving. I think he may think he can fix any thing. Also I get the feeling he wants to make some money and when your projected to go first overall you should come out. Something may happen next year in college
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by Safety View Post
                  That’d be a bad look for him. Teams will question his mental toughness and any form of regression will send him into a free fall. Plus there are some real good QBs in that draft as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

From what I am reading he is already showing signs of leaving. I think he may think he can fix any thing. Also I get the feeling he wants to make some money and when your projected to go first overall you should come out. Something may happen next year in college
                    I wouldn’t want any part of the Jets if I were him.
                    Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by Safety View Post

I wouldn’t want any part of the Jets if I were him.
                      You can say that, but there is a chance he could drop and it is an overall rookie pay structure. So being first overall will make you more money
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm

Comment

• Originally posted by Siberian Bronco View Post
                        I know it's early.with this injury, lets say it lasts do we start thinking Trevor Lawrence.i like Lock,but Lawrence is a once an a while type QB.maybe we draft him have a situation like San Diego several years back.trade Lock for a high draft pick.
                        I'll take him
                        The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                        X