Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    At this point it doesn't even matter to me no more. If Broncos won't do anything it takes to get on of the special qbs it is what it is...

We will continue to have these subpar seasons 8-8 and lower...Lock is not the answer period

"I'm E2DS and I approve this message 👌"

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    I don’t think you can write off the QBs ranked after Lawrence/Fields. They are more than just consolation prizes. Lance, Wilson, Trask, and Jones all have legitimate talent. Some may be more raw than others, some may be more mobile than others— but at the end of the day I think they are all legitimate 1st round QBs come next April. I’m not even speaking out of hindsight, but I would rate all of those QBs over Drew Lock as a prospect coming out of Mizzou. I trust Pat Shurmur and Mike Shula to develop a QB (I’ll gladly eat my words otherwise).

I will say this, though. This roster has talent. Just based on that alone, we may not have a top ten pick for awhile. NYJ and JAX are not trading their picks. If we end up losing out the rest of the season (I hope not), I would be perfectly happy if we took Lance, Wilson, or even Trask top ten. Call me crazy but I see the potential— and not only that, but actual translatable tools that are indicative of successful QBs in the pros. Elway has never selected a QB in the top half of the draft. Lynch was a fringe 1st round pick that elevated his stock from an amazing predraft process. Osweiler was a 2nd round pick with the physical tools. Lock was a 2nd round pick with a productive college career and a huge arm. We have yet to pick a QB that won games consistently for his team (not that wins are a QB stat— just saying that I have yet to see us draft an undeniable college star QB that willed their teams to victory). This is the draft to swing for the fences. If we pick in the top half or even top ten, I would absolutely draft one even if it wasn’t Lawrence/Fields.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by sra84 View Post
    If we can't get Lawrence or Fields, then we shouldn't go QB in round one.

No other QB is worth a first round pick.

A day 2 QB that's caught my interest is Jamie Newman (Wake Forest, transferred to Georgia then opted out).

If we go with a mid-round QB, as a potential back up, Kellen Mond from Texas A&M is someone I'd look at.

Honestly though, I'm tired of the round 2-7 QB's (Lock, Osweiler, Siemian, etc.) and the raw, upside first round QB (Lynch).

I want a top prospect who gives us a true legitimate shot at having a franchise QB.
    i don't feel like you have the right read on this class. i would be surprised to see less then 5 QB go in the first round this year. i could also see 4 go top 10.

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied
    If we can't get Lawrence or Fields, then we shouldn't go QB in round one.

No other QB is worth a first round pick.

A day 2 QB that's caught my interest is Jamie Newman (Wake Forest, transferred to Georgia then opted out).

If we go with a mid-round QB, as a potential back up, Kellen Mond from Texas A&M is someone I'd look at.

Honestly though, I'm tired of the round 2-7 QB's (Lock, Osweiler, Siemian, etc.) and the raw, upside first round QB (Lynch).

I want a top prospect who gives us a true legitimate shot at having a franchise QB.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by Siberian Bronco View Post

we might be back in in a couple weeks.
    you think that the jets win 4 games? that seems unlikely to me. we would need the jets to win 4 games, the jags to win at least 2. the chargers to beat us. the bengals to win another game. the Cowboys and WAshington would need to win another game also. while we would have to lose out. i mean some of those are possibly, but it is unlikely that we would pick first overall or even second overall at this point to me.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    I know he isn’t coming out this year but Kedon Slovis is incredible

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by Siberian Bronco View Post

LOL 😂 Right Unreal LOL 😂

Leave a comment:

• Siberian Bronco
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I am just Relived that Denver is now out of the TL Talk for now.

Leave a comment:

• Kyousukeneko
    replied
    Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    We have no choice but to see what Lock has to offer for the rest of the season— I get it. But if he doesn’t show any growth or slight improvement, and we pick somewhere in the top 10... it would be a mistake to pass up on a QB in a very strong class at the top. I know they were #1 picks, but look at Burrow and Murray— they’ve had to make due with subpar offensive lines and a shortened offseason with new weapons as well, yet they have shown genuine promise as NFL QBs (with the latter being a darkhorse MVP candidate). For the last 5 years, we’ve only been competitive because of our defense. To have sustained success in this league, you have to win because of your QB— not despite them. If I’m Denver, I’m not falling into the trap of the sunk cost fallacy. We have one of the best OCs in the NFL in Pat Shumur, who’s playcalling and play designs would actually look a lot better if there was better execution all around, especially from our QB. Bolles is on fire right now and has become one of the best OTs in the league. Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Patrick, and Hamilton are arguably the best young group of receivers in football. Fant and Albert O look like a deadly duo at TE. Risner and Cushenberry will continue to develop and solidify our interior offensive line. RT is a huge question mark but I would argue that securing a franchise QB is more valuable to our team and more urgent of a need.

With that being said— I hope one of Lawrence, Fields, Lance, Wilson, or Trask ends up starting for our team at this time next year. Time to swing for the fences when we have the prime opportunity to do so. No more spending a late 1st round pick or 2nd round pick on an “upside” guy. Broncos Country deserves a consensus top talent under center in 2021.
    Lance is completely an upside guy. he had 1 good year in the fbs and still struggles moving throw progressions and is a great athlete but at this point in his career he is a big of an upside Developmental guy. I am not sure how i feel with Wilson. i have not seen enough of BYU to judge. i know he is having an amazing year. but this is also coming against lower Competition. I think he is the biggest Question mark at QB in my head. he could be great or he could be good enough to have a BYU team that is generally more talented then the teams it is playing so far to victory. I am also not sold on Trask. i get closer each game but i still think he is a late first early second round guy who looks like a prototypical QB. may not have the best athletism or arm strength. but he has great work eithic. seems to understand the game well.

i don't really feel like Mentioning Fields or Lawrence to get either one of those we would have to end up in the top 2 of the draft. or hope a team like the Boys end up there and are willing to trade it to us. cause right now i don't feel the JEts or the JAgs would pass up either of those guys for all the picks in the world.

Leave a comment:

• HDbroncos02
    replied
    We have no choice but to see what Lock has to offer for the rest of the season— I get it. But if he doesn’t show any growth or slight improvement, and we pick somewhere in the top 10... it would be a mistake to pass up on a QB in a very strong class at the top. I know they were #1 picks, but look at Burrow and Murray— they’ve had to make due with subpar offensive lines and a shortened offseason with new weapons as well, yet they have shown genuine promise as NFL QBs (with the latter being a darkhorse MVP candidate). For the last 5 years, we’ve only been competitive because of our defense. To have sustained success in this league, you have to win because of your QB— not despite them. If I’m Denver, I’m not falling into the trap of the sunk cost fallacy. We have one of the best OCs in the NFL in Pat Shumur, who’s playcalling and play designs would actually look a lot better if there was better execution all around, especially from our QB. Bolles is on fire right now and has become one of the best OTs in the league. Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Patrick, and Hamilton are arguably the best young group of receivers in football. Fant and Albert O look like a deadly duo at TE. Risner and Cushenberry will continue to develop and solidify our interior offensive line. RT is a huge question mark but I would argue that securing a franchise QB is more valuable to our team and more urgent of a need.

With that being said— I hope one of Lawrence, Fields, Lance, Wilson, or Trask ends up starting for our team at this time next year. Time to swing for the fences when we have the prime opportunity to do so. No more spending a late 1st round pick or 2nd round pick on an “upside” guy. Broncos Country deserves a consensus top talent under center in 2021.

Leave a comment:

• nas1
    replied
    I'm not thinking Trevor Lawrence but I am thinking Mike Shanahan and Wade Phillips back in Denver next year

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied
    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Well my comments didn’t age well since pats won lolol
    Throwing into double coverage with under 6 minutes left and up by 10 is such a Joe Flacco move.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    you were probably right... Cam messed that up too...

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Murph2432
    replied
    Ummm are we not witness BB plan in the making. Losing to the jets. Oh the jets still have one less win you say? Oh the jets play them again lol. Crazy I know but I wouldn’t put It past BB
    Oh btw they have the 4th most cap space next year with $73m

Leave a comment:

Working...
X