Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    We can only hope he falls to #9.

Does anyone know where could have been picking if the Eagles didn’t screw people over in week 17?
    I don’t think it was a huge difference. It would’ve been between picking either #8 or #9.
    2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
    Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Nice breakdown here from the good ole' Tim Jenkins.

What really, really stands out to me is how polished Fields' footwork is. Always does a good job of getting his feet in an optimal position to throw. I also love how he manipulates the safeties with his eyes. On multiple throws, he looks off the safety and quickly turns back to the correct read and gets the ball out immediately. His arm talent is undeniable and he delivers some accurate balls in tight windows. Yes, there are multiple times where his receivers are disgustingly open, but there are several instances in the video where there isn't that much separation.

The negatives that were highlighted in this video-- to me, are coachable. He does miss a few easy throws and doesn't always take the open read right in front of him. Then there's a gray area where I'm not sure if some of his bad decisions were a result of his own mental processing or part of the Ohio State system (to which Tim Jenkins calls it "garbage").

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
        Nice breakdown here from the good ole' Tim Jenkins.

What really, really stands out to me is how polished Fields' footwork is. Always does a good job of getting his feet in an optimal position to throw. I also love how he manipulates the safeties with his eyes. On multiple throws, he looks off the safety and quickly turns back to the correct read and gets the ball out immediately. His arm talent is undeniable and he delivers some accurate balls in tight windows. Yes, there are multiple times where his receivers are disgustingly open, but there are several instances in the video where there isn't that much separation.

The negatives that were highlighted in this video-- to me, are coachable. He does miss a few easy throws and doesn't always take the open read right in front of him. Then there's a gray area where I'm not sure if some of his bad decisions were a result of his own mental processing or part of the Ohio State system (to which Tim Jenkins calls it "garbage").
        I would take him over Lock. I think Fields starts taking some of the underneath routes in the NFL because, with the exception of Northwestern and Alabama, He had a year to through almost all game every game. Fields is plenty accurate enough short and long throws. He might not be as good as Lawrence reading D yet but he will work as hard as anyone to improve. Justin Fields IMHO is going to make someone a really, really good QB option. I would be thrilled if it was Denver.

Comment

• Only issue I really have with Fields are those odd ball decisions he makes at times under pressure. I forget which game it was but he was being sacked and just threw it up to no one in particular. And that happened more times than I’d like to see, even then it isn’t a big enough to concern to drop him. But when he sees the pressure or feels it early he can set them up and turn it into a big play with his legs or arm.

I don’t think Fields will be amazing his rookie year, but I do think depending on the situation he could make a push for a wild card spot. His ability to run is a huge asset and he’s still a very good passer. Granted, I also don’t think Lawrence will be amazing either, certainly not to the level of hype that he’s been receiving.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
            Only issue I really have with Fields are those odd ball decisions he makes at times under pressure. I forget which game it was but he was being sacked and just threw it up to no one in particular. And that happened more times than I’d like to see, even then it isn’t a big enough to concern to drop him. But when he sees the pressure or feels it early he can set them up and turn it into a big play with his legs or arm.

I don’t think Fields will be amazing his rookie year, but I do think depending on the situation he could make a push for a wild card spot. His ability to run is a huge asset and he’s still a very good passer. Granted, I also don’t think Lawrence will be amazing either, certainly not to the level of hype that he’s been receiving.
            That playmaking aspect is so important. It's one thing to recognize pressure or when a blitz is coming, it's another to be able to properly react to it and make the defense pay for it. I don't mean to drag Lock into this discussion, but there were just way too many times where QB play broke down miserably whenever we faced extra pressure or a blitzing defender. How many times did we see a pocket bail to the right for a throwaway or horrible decision? Granted, Lock did a better job stepping up in the pocket or side-stepping pressure late in the year. BUT I digress... Fields has that innate ability (when he recognizes the pressure) to make a positive play within or without structure. It's almost Kyler Murray-like. If he can cut down on those "YOLO" throws where he throws it up to no one or into heavy coverage (trusting his receiver to a fault), then that would be great as well. Even then, PFF charted Fields with only 18 turnover-worthy plays during his entire college career which is terrific.

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post

That playmaking aspect is so important. It's one thing to recognize pressure or when a blitz is coming, it's another to be able to properly react to it and make the defense pay for it. I don't mean to drag Lock into this discussion, but there were just way too many times where QB play broke down miserably whenever we faced extra pressure or a blitzing defender. How many times did we see a pocket bail to the right for a throwaway or horrible decision? Granted, Lock did a better job stepping up in the pocket or side-stepping pressure late in the year. BUT I digress... Fields has that innate ability (when he recognizes the pressure) to make a positive play within or without structure. It's almost Kyler Murray-like. If he can cut down on those "YOLO" throws where he throws it up to no one or into heavy coverage (trusting his receiver to a fault), then that would be great as well. Even then, PFF charted Fields with only 18 turnover-worthy plays during his entire college career which is terrific.
              It's the primary reason why Dwayne Haskins was unable to develop behind Washington's horrible pass protection...IMO. Haskins has other things that still need to be cleaned up, but that's it in a nutshell.

Comment

• I don't think Fields or Wilson make it anywhere near the 9th pick, but could we get to the 3rd pick?

I like Jeudy, but he dropped to many this year. Maybe Miami would want to pair him back with Tua since it is rumored they are looking Smith or Chase. What would it take? Would they take #9 and Jeudy for #3, or would the Broncos need to add more? If Jeudy continues his drop issue, he will lose all value. With Sutton coming back, Hamler showing promise, a deep WR draft class, and good free agents available, Broncos could replace Jeudy

Comment

Working...
                X