I think Justin Fields is better then Trevor Lawrence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Montoya View Post
    I think Zach Wilson is better and more pro ready then both of them. Zach Wilson would be perfect for us. Either way. We need one of the 3. That’s for sure
    Lol wow....go you go with that. Byu level of comp is terrible. He just throw bombs all day and has forever to throw. He is a tad bit better than baker and little more athletic. I wanna see him from a top def and see how he looks but. Anyway j fezzy is looking like whoa.
    Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

Does anyone know what Fields is like throwing into tight windows and/or under pressure? Most of the footage of him on YouTube features perfect pockets with all day to throw and wide open receivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
        Does anyone know what Fields is like throwing into tight windows and/or under pressure? Most of the footage of him on YouTube features perfect pockets with all day to throw and wide open receivers.
        it is Ohio state. they probably have one of the best lines and a good WR core. so there may be times. it wouldn't happen untill probably the college football playoffs. it may happen this week vs indiana but i expect that game to end up being a shoot out.
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Lol wow....go you go with that. Byu level of comp is terrible. He just throw bombs all day and has forever to throw. He is a tad bit better than baker and little more athletic. I wanna see him from a top def and see how he looks but. Anyway j fezzy is looking like whoa.
          Wilson is a complete QB and he has been really impressive. He is definitely working his way up the draft board. I will say though, his Oline is really tough and they have several NFL calibur players protecting him. His tackles look like Greek Gods and are really improving.
          I would love to have Fields, his athleticism along with his passing skill is just what the Dr ordered, but I would also love to add Wilson. Tougher competition or not, BYU is scoring 50 and Wilson is dropping dimes.

Comment

Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post

Wilson is a complete QB and he has been really impressive. He is definitely working his way up the draft board. I will say though, his Oline is really tough and they have several NFL calibur players protecting him. His tackles look like Greek Gods and are really improving.
            I would love to have Fields, his athleticism along with his passing skill is just what the Dr ordered, but I would also love to add Wilson. Tougher competition or not, BYU is scoring 50 and Wilson is dropping dimes.
            Its easy to drop dimes in lesser comp. Fields would do the same thing if he played for BYU.
            Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Its easy to drop dimes in lesser comp. Fields would do the same thing if he played for BYU.
              I mean he is doing similar things at Ohio state if you ask me. Fields currently has more td then incompletions
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

I mean he is doing similar things at Ohio state if you ask me. Fields currently has more td then incompletions
                We finally agree.

Comment

What are everyone's thoughts on Trey Lance? I know he's played against lesser opposition, but I've seen more evidence of him going through his reads than Justin Fields.

Comment

What are everyone's thoughts on Trey Lance? I know he's played against lesser opposition, but I've seen more evidence of him going through his reads than Justin Fields.
                    I don't know what type you are watching. You have to watch games and not highlights. Justin def goes through progression.

I have not finished breaking down lance.....bc he is like Josh Allen but is reckless with his body. The way he runs he will not last in the nfl.

Comment

Thats not 100% true what I have seen and heard of Lance is he locks on his first progression and if it is not there he runs. He is also in an offense that is designed to cut the field in half so he only needs to read half the defense and if it is not there run with it. He is a purely an upside guy at this point.
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm

Comment

Thats not 100% true what I have seen and heard of Lance is he locks on his first progression and if it is not there he runs. He is also in an offense that is designed to cut the field in half so he only needs to read half the defense and if it is not there run with it. He is a purely an upside guy at this point.
                        Don’t agree with statement. I’ve watched more Clemson games than I’d like to admit. I’ve seen him numerous times go through his progressions. He avgs 4/5 rushes a game. He first read must be open a lot of that’s the case considering he avg 37 throws and completes around 26 of them a game.

I agree with Ears2dastreet on his wreckless running. While he doesn’t run nearly as much as most think, the way he runs will get him killed in the nfl imo. I will say though, he def has sneaky fast speed and can make someone miss. However, I don’t see him being able to do that in the next level and I wouldn’t want him doing that in the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post

Don’t agree with statement. I’ve watched more Clemson games than I’d like to admit. I’ve seen him numerous times go through his progressions. He avgs 4/5 rushes a game. He first read must be open a lot of that’s the case considering he avg 37 throws and completes around 26 of them a game.

I agree with Ears2dastreet on his wreckless running. While he doesn’t run nearly as much as most think, the way he runs will get him killed in the nfl imo. I will say though, he def has sneaky fast speed and can make someone miss. However, I don’t see him being able to do that in the next level and I wouldn’t want him doing that in the next level.
                          How does watching Clemson games have anything to do with Trey Lance. We are not talking about Trevor Lawrence. Trey Lance plays for North Dakota State. They are completely different team and completely different players. Lance reminds me alot of Love from this last class.

Lance had 30 passes once. He more averages like 21-25 throws a game.
                          Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 11-19-2020, 06:06 AM.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm

Comment

How does watching Clemson games have anything to do with Trey Lance. We are not talking about Trevor Lawrence. Trey Lance plays for North Dakota State. They are completely different team and completely different players. Lance reminds me alot of Love from this last class.

Lance had 30 passes once. He more averages like 21-25 throws a game.
                            Lmaoooo def looked at that wrong. My bad. I will be quiet now.

Comment

I am high on Fields too, I think he'll be a very good QB in the pros.... However....

I'm watching the Indiana vs Ohio St game and I got to say Justin is not having a good game at all. He is holding onto the ball way too long and has already thrown 3 picks. I think I've counted 4 sacks he's taken too?? No prospect will have perfect games all year long but Indiana is no Clemson or Bama or Georgia. They're good, number 9 ranked team right now but they should be destroyed by Fields. This game will be one that makes scouts and GMs pause....

Comment

At this point IF Elway is looking at a different draft prospect Lance or Fields should be the 2 he should target. Lance, imo, has the bigger upside but that's just me

Comment

Working...
                                X