Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Justin Fields is better then Trevor Lawrence

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Damn my boy stock gonna rise after this...hell jets might take him at 2 now lol. Darnold I need you to have a great game on Sunday lol.
    My only nock on him in this game is the INT that he threw. It was tipped but he also threw it into triple coverage. That was a bad choice but DAMN!!! he is throwing some darts out there. My eyes are opened to this kid for sure

    Comment


    • #77
      Fields better not be still hurting because the way he threw that 60+ pass was fabulous. If he is hurting still, he must be superman!! So much torque. Not sure how good a pro he will be, but tonight seals the deal on him going really high in the draft. No lower than 2nd QB taken.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

        My only nock on him in this game is the INT that he threw. It was tipped but he also threw it into triple coverage. That was a bad choice but DAMN!!! he is throwing some darts out there. My eyes are opened to this kid for sure
        I called it look at my post about him coming out of half time. On that int I think he was just trying to throw it over their heads and out of bounds bc no one was open I could be wrong. Fields is not perfect he has some things he can work on. He only had 6 games and people were going ham. He didn't play 12 to have more games to show what he can do. I will take a 5-1 td ratio any day lol. If I was GM....I no doubt this kid would be my #1 target.
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

        Comment


        • #79
          I think that we might have a QB controversy for top QB in the draft???

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
            I think that we might have a QB controversy for top QB in the draft???
            Unless he has one crazy game against Bama or absolutely kills the combine. I don’t see a scenario where he is the first overall QB. While Fields played amazing this game, Clems defense was nonexistent. Ohio dominated the trenches.

            Comment


            • #81
              That ESPN replay of Fields clearly going through his progressions (3 of them to be exact)... man, what a sight for sore Broncos fans eyes .

              Fields would fit like a glove in Shurmur’s vertical offense. He’s got the instincts, athleticism, and mobility to carry out PA and RPO. In a division with Mahomes and Herbert? Fields can sling it with the best of them.

              I’m not just going off of this game’s hype. Put me in the trade-up camp.
              2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
              Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                That ESPN replay of Fields clearly going through his progressions (3 of them to be exact)... man, what a sight for sore Broncos fans eyes .

                Fields would fit like a glove in Shurmur’s vertical offense. He’s got the instincts, athleticism, and mobility to carry out PA and RPO. In a division with Mahomes and Herbert? Fields can sling it with the best of them.

                I’m not just going off of this game’s hype. Put me in the trade-up camp.
                Well hopefully we lose this week and the teams in front of us win because it will be way too much to much up to get him.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  Fields better not be still hurting because the way he threw that 60+ pass was fabulous. If he is hurting still, he must be superman!! So much torque. Not sure how good a pro he will be, but tonight seals the deal on him going really high in the draft. No lower than 2nd QB taken.
                  Question you are unsure he will be a good pro....let me ask you this....You feel Lawrence will be a good pro?
                  Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post

                    Unless he has one crazy game against Bama or absolutely kills the combine. I don’t see a scenario where he is the first overall QB. While Fields played amazing this game, Clems defense was nonexistent. Ohio dominated the trenches.
                    I agree he has to kill Bama and have a great pro day. Lawrence will go #1 and I hope TL does go #1
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                      That ESPN replay of Fields clearly going through his progressions (3 of them to be exact)... man, what a sight for sore Broncos fans eyes .

                      Fields would fit like a glove in Shurmur’s vertical offense. He’s got the instincts, athleticism, and mobility to carry out PA and RPO. In a division with Mahomes and Herbert? Fields can sling it with the best of them.

                      I’m not just going off of this game’s hype. Put me in the trade-up camp.
                      I agree but Elway won't pull the trigger he has never really moved up in the first rd too much. Sucks bc we gonna miss out on a good qb and be stuck with lock. I have no hope or excitement with lock but I do with J fezzy. Along with the fact he can "RUN" he will be deadly in the nfl. He will take some bumps along the way but I bet he will show "promise"
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

                        Question you are unsure he will be a good pro....let me ask you this....You feel Lawrence will be a good pro?
                        I am pretty sure he will be successful in The NFL. Not sure how good but he has a lot to offer. My main point was that I don't want to make this one performance make him a Hall of Famer, because some folks do over hype short glimpses. But having said that, he was great tonight, and if I had never heard of Lawrence, I would suspect that Fields is the better player.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by CanDB View Post

                          I am pretty sure he will be successful in The NFL. Not sure how good but he has a lot to offer. My main point was that I don't want to make this one performance make him a Hall of Famer, because some folks do over hype short glimpses. But having said that, he was great tonight, and if I had never heard of Lawrence, I would suspect that Fields is the better player.
                          Did you see fields stats from last year? You do know they were a wrong route away from beating Clemson last year too in which Justin out preformed tl then too. Coming out of high JF was the #1 rated qb. Trust people are over hyping his win over Indian and win over Northwestern bc he didn't play well. Last year he only threw like 4 ints all year. I understand but trust I know a lot about bout of them. Been watch TL since he was in the 8th grade and Justin since 9th.
                          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            I agree 100% Fields is better. Lawrence and Fields are going 1-2 in this draft, if Jets don’t take one they will trade the pick. We might have a shot at Zach Wilson, but is he that much better than Lock?

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                              I agree 100% Fields is better. Lawrence and Fields are going 1-2 in this draft, if Jets don’t take one they will trade the pick. We might have a shot at Zach Wilson, but is he that much better than Lock?
                              The jets are not taking a qb facts 100%. Mark my word. They probably have more holes than anyone. I willing to be they want to trade out just like Atl. People just looking at teams and saying "they need a qb" not even looking at their contract. I seriously doubt atlanta takes a qb too. Their record would be totally different in those one score games. They need help on def. Taking a qb just doesn't make sense.
                              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

                                Did you see fields stats from last year? You do know they were a wrong route away from beating Clemson last year too in which Justin out preformed tl then too. Coming out of high JF was the #1 rated qb. Trust people are over hyping his win over Indian and win over Northwestern bc he didn't play well. Last year he only threw like 4 ints all year. I understand but trust I know a lot about bout of them. Been watch TL since he was in the 8th grade and Justin since 9th.
                                I am not doubting your knowledge. I am simply presenting the case I have, given I have not watched these players much, but have read a load....and last night's game went to Fields. I did state earlier that the game solidified his position as one of the top 2 QBs in the draft, though I guess we should await his final game. It may actually enhance his chances at #1. But I was really impressed with his arm strength, and I loved that one TD pass to his TE (forget the name), where he basically threaded the needle to get it to him in the end zone. He has a lot of tools in his toolbox.

                                To be fair, Lawrence was off a bit, though I think was lucky in the latter part of the game when he should have been picked and could have lost another fumble, but he was getting pressured by Ohio. His resume is pretty darn solid. But it probably hurts, knowing he came out second best last night.

                                Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

                                The jets are not taking a qb facts 100%. Mark my word. They probably have more holes than anyone. I willing to be they want to trade out just like Atl. People just looking at teams and saying "they need a qb" not even looking at their contract. I seriously doubt atlanta takes a qb too. Their record would be totally different in those one score games. They need help on def. Taking a qb just doesn't make sense.
                                The Jets are in a similar type situation as us. What to do at QB? Darnold however was the much higher selection, so their decision is even tougher. It seems a given that Lawrence goes first to The Jags, but they will be investing a load of time assessing Fields and possibly Wilson, though Wilson would be an overspend. And even at that, they have to love Fields because this draft pick is pretty serious stuff. As you say...they have holes.

                                They might consider trading back and then selecting someone like Wilson. I have no doubt that QB stock is rising, as it always does. But Lawrence and Fields are gaining even more attention in my opinion, and there are at least a handful of teams who are looking very closely at the QB draft. Maybe several more. So the stock of the top 5 or so QBs is going to be overvalued once again, though the top 2 are certainly making a good case for their potential as franchise QBs.

                                So I can see The Jets trading back, and getting some really nice capital in return.....which they can use to acquire a QB or otherwise. Depending on who trades with them, they may end up with a Wilson, and the ability to move up or add a 2nd or 3rd as well. Depends how desperate others teams are for one of these young QBs. Then again they can keep their spot, and maybe go Sewell or some other top talent.

                                (side bar: in the eyes of Belichick...does he pull the trigger and go QB in round one? Perhaps move up even??)
                                Last edited by CanDB; 01-02-2021, 09:58 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X