I think Justin Fields is better then Trevor Lawrence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Justin Fields is better then Trevor Lawrence

So I think Justin Fields ends up having a better nfl career then TL. I love the attributes and things fields can do. he is 6'3 230 guy. but for a guy that big he can run he will probably run in the high 4.4 to low 4.5 at the combine. he reminds me of a Cam Newton type guy when he runs the ball. He is so much further ahead of Cam throwing the ball though. he is has A+ arm strength. he has every tool and throws a good accurate ball. plus he can run and run with power for a guy from the QB spot. i feel like if i where to try to mold a perfect QB for the NFL today it would be Justin Fields.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    So I think Justin Fields ends up having a better nfl career then TL. I love the attributes and things fields can do. he is 6'3 230 guy. but for a guy that big he can run he will probably run in the high 4.4 to low 4.5 at the combine. he reminds me of a Cam Newton type guy when he runs the ball. He is so much further ahead of Cam throwing the ball though. he is has A+ arm strength. he has every tool and throws a good accurate ball. plus he can run and run with power for a guy from the QB spot. i feel like if i where to try to mold a perfect QB for the NFL today it would be Justin Fields.
    Fields certainly has potential, however unless he is able to bring the entire OSU offensive line with him, he'll get killed. He can run and that's all he'll be able to do behind the current oline.......

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
      Fields certainly has potential, however unless he is able to bring the entire OSU offensive line with him, he'll get killed. He can run and that's all he'll be able to do behind the current oline.......
      I dont understand why people keep saying that....its funny I see after elways last two draft soooooo many people say Elway knocked it out of the park. So I guess this saying means people want elway to address the oline. The oline can be addressed in FA and or trade and in mid rds. Not a good reason to always "doesn't matter who we put behind that line he will get killed."
      We could have had Lamar Jackson *LJ for M.V.P*

Comment

Originally posted by darryn16 View Post
        I am not saying I would really draft a QB this draft. Right now if we get a high first Penei Sewell and then Sam Cosmi would be my first 2 picks. I just think Fields will be a better NFL then Lawrence
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
          I dont understand why people keep saying that....its funny I see after elways last two draft soooooo many people say Elway knocked it out of the park. So I guess this saying means people want elway to address the oline. The oline can be addressed in FA and or trade and in mid rds. Not a good reason to always "doesn't matter who we put behind that line he will get killed."
          See this is exactly what Elway has done. Spent millions in FA on guys like Leary, Stephenson, Watson, Okung, James, and most recently Glasgow. The FA market for OL (especially offensive tackles) is inflated— overpay for mediocre talent. Of course that doesn’t mean that good, serviceable OL can’t be found in free agency. We’ve also spent mid-round draft capital on offensive linemen through the years— Schofield, Paradis, Garcia, McGovern, Jones, and Cushenberry/Muti come to mind. And of course I’m not ruling out that good offensive linemen can be found in the mid/late rounds.

If we are in the unique position in next year’s draft to take a star QB, I’d say go for it. We’re seeing the ascendant talent in “K Murda” with Kingsbury in AZ behind an underwhelming offensive line. It also helps that Murray happens to be arguably the most athletic QB in the NFL and has terrific pocket awareness. I think Lawrence and Fields both have good mobility and field vision to excel no matter the quality of their offensive line (not to mention quick decision-making— BUT whether or not they can read defenses is something I have yet to heavily dissect). And 10 times out of 10 (especially in our situation), I’m taking a consensus, top-rated QB who has shown exceptional physical and mental tools that can translate over to the pros OVER a “generational” OT (i.e. Sewell).

Sometimes taking that stud OL early can come a couple years too late after taking their QB, as we’re seeing with the Jets with Darnold/Becton. Sometimes that stud OL precedes the arrival of the franchise QB and it all works out— as we’re seeing with the Ravens with Jackson/Stanley. The problem for us is that we’re still evaluating whether Lock is “that” guy or not. He could easily be Josh Rosen’d. While I think Lock has been more promising, I still haven’t seen enough to confidently rock with him over the chance to add Lawrence/Fields, who has shown more NFL-worthy talent in their early college careers than Lock ever did in his four years at Mizzou. While I would love adding someone of Sewell’s caliber to stabilize the OT position, I would feel even worse knowing we missed out on taking a star QB. Plus, the 2021 draft class is looking like another talented crop of OTs and just today over at the TDN site, I was able to take Leatherwood in the 2nd round. If we went Lawrence/Fields in the 1st and Leatherwood in the 2nd, I would be jumping for joy.

As I’ve digressed far off the OP’s topic, I think Fields has all the potential in the world. Lawrence is more polished as a prospect so far and I’m more confident in his ability to read defenses and make adjustments at the line. With the right coaching staff, however, Fields could absolutely excel and grow in that area. I don’t think anyone could ignore Fields’ upside and talent.
          Last edited by HDbroncos02; 09-28-2020, 06:53 PM.
          2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
          Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
            See this is exactly what Elway has done. Spent millions in FA on guys like Leary, Stephenson, Watson, Okung, James, and most recently Glasgow. The FA market for OL (especially offensive tackles) is inflated— overpay for mediocre talent. Of course that doesn’t mean that good, serviceable OL can’t be found in free agency. We’ve also spent mid-round draft capital on offensive linemen through the years— Schofield, Paradis, Garcia, McGovern, Jones, and Cushenberry/Muti come to mind. And of course I’m not ruling out that good offensive linemen can be found in the mid/late rounds.

If we are in the unique position in next year’s draft to take a star QB, I’d say go for it. We’re seeing the ascendant talent in “K Murda” with Kingsbury in AZ behind an underwhelming offensive line. It also helps that Murray happens to be arguably the most athletic QB in the NFL and has terrific pocket awareness. I think Lawrence and Fields both have good mobility and field vision to excel no matter the quality of their offensive line (not to mention quick decision-making— BUT whether or not they can read defenses is something I have yet to heavily dissect). And 10 times out of 10 (especially in our situation), I’m taking a consensus, top-rated QB who has shown exceptional physical and mental tools that can translate over to the pros OVER a “generational” OT (i.e. Sewell).

Sometimes taking that stud OL early can come a couple years too late after taking their QB, as we’re seeing with the Jets with Darnold/Becton. Sometimes that stud OL precedes the arrival of the franchise QB and it all works out— as we’re seeing with the Ravens with Jackson/Stanley. The problem for us is that we’re still evaluating whether Lock is “that” guy or not. He could easily be Josh Rosen’d. While I think Lock has been more promising, I still haven’t seen enough to confidently rock with him over the chance to add Lawrence/Fields, who has shown more NFL-worthy talent in their early college careers than Lock ever did in his four years at Mizzou. While I would love adding someone of Sewell’s caliber to stabilize the OT position, I would feel even worse knowing we missed out on taking a star QB. Plus, the 2021 draft class is looking like another talented crop of OTs and just today over at the TDN site, I was able to take Leatherwood in the 2nd round. If we went Lawrence/Fields in the 1st and Leatherwood in the 2nd, I would be jumping for joy.

As I’ve digressed far off the OP’s topic, I think Fields has all the potential in the world. Lawrence is more polished as a prospect so far and I’m more confident in his ability to read defenses and make adjustments at the line. With the right coaching staff, however, Fields could absolutely excel and grow in that area. I don’t think anyone could ignore Fields’ upside and talent.
            Any one that think leatherwood makes it out of the top ten is slightly deliousional
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm

Comment

I’m not sure if he is better than TL but I would be 100% down to get Fields. Fields is more likely than TL for us anyways. I love how Fields scrambles around in the pocket but keeps his eyes down the field. At times he reminds me a lot of Wilson when moving in the pocket the generate more time. Unless Lock balls out I’d trade him for a 2nd if Fields was an option for us. Go OL and OL /ILB with the two picks in the second. If a LB or OL falls in the first I’d trade those seconds to get back in the first. Sadly, James will be our RT next year but we will need a LT once Bolles hits FA. I’m restructuring Von contract because he’s not worth $22m next year but more around $16-18. We should have a good amount of cap with $22m rollover and on top of the $32m we will already have for next year. This should be used to go DL and secondary. We could have a legit squad IF this all happens.

Edit: I would also like a young OC that can create packages designed around Fields strength. Shurmur is not going to be that guy.
              Last edited by Murph2432; 09-29-2020, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
                I’m not sure if he is better than TL but I would be 100% down to get Fields. Fields is more likely than TL for us anyways. I love how Fields scrambles around in the pocket but keeps his eyes down the field. At times he reminds me a lot of Wilson when moving in the pocket the generate more time. Unless Lock balls out I’d trade him for a 2nd if Fields was an option for us. Go OL and OL /ILB with the two picks in the second. If a LB or OL falls in the first I’d trade those seconds to get back in the first. Sadly, James will be our RT next year but we will need a LT once Bolles hits FA. I’m restructuring Von contract because he’s not worth $22m next year but more around $16-18. We should have a good amount of cap with $22m rollover and on top of the $32m we will already have for next year. This should be used to go DL and secondary. We could have a legit squad IF this all happens.

Edit: I would also like a young OC that can create packages designed around Fields strength. Shurmur is not going to be that guy.
                A lot depends on how lock plays. I am still on his hype train if he had some oline help. I think he would be above average.
                sigpic
                oakland raders gm

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

Any one that think leatherwood makes it out of the top ten is slightly deliousional
                  Call me delusional then, I don’t even think he’ll end up as an OT at the next level.

As far as TL vs Fields, yes I’d take Fields. But both of them will have to adjust to not having guys running wide open.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

Call me delusional then, I don’t even think he’ll end up as an OT at the next level.

As far as TL vs Fields, yes I’d take Fields. But both of them will have to adjust to not having guys running wide open.
                    I agree with this statement however this is why I think fields is gonna be that dude wherever he goes. I see the ball placement when he throws and when he reads def....im still looking over the top five qbs in this up coming draft.

Comment

This class looks super strong to me. It will be interesting to see how it played out
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm

Comment

My boy Justin Fields, is gonna be something special. Been breaking down a lot of his film i really like what he see. Trevor Lawrence is still most likely off the board 1st but doesn't mean he will be better of the two. Maybe a bit premature but when i see J fezzy, I see Cam and Russell smashed together. Im higher on him than I was lamar jackson coming out. "Jackson is still my boy too lol." I will continue looking at the other top 4 qbs coming up. Just saying for now before he throws his 1st pass this Saturday.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                          Kyousukeneko commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I already beat you to it

• Ear2dastreets
                          Ear2dastreets commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nawwwww. He from my hometown. Been watching and T Lawrence for years back in high-school lol. Nice try tho. I really love watching his game tape. Still breaking them down

• Kyousukeneko
                          Kyousukeneko commented
                          Editing a comment
                          i made a thread first about this is more what i am trying to say. any way.

i am also glad i am not the only one that see newton is his running style. he is so much better as a passer though. i'd compare Fields as a Passer more to Big ben though. i either like a alot better throwing Cam Newton or a more athletic big ben for Fields pro comps. both i want. i feel Fields would be my ideal QB to build an offense around.
                          Last edited by Kyousukeneko; Yesterday, 03:52 PM.

You're not alone. Theirs quite a few people who agree with you

Comment

Working...
                        X