Chad Kelly Released By The Colts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Kelly Released By The Colts

He's available again. Could Elway be tempted?

James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) Tweeted:
    QB Chad “swag" Kelly has been released from the Colts practice squad. https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1311331238213378048?s=20

That bridge is burned. Kelly to Denver is as likely as Kaepernick to Denver.
    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

probably right

..... I wouldn't mind seeing it though
      Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

The league and it's double standards, how is still even in the league?

Comment

It's over. Let it (and him) go!

Comment

Man he was one party away from being our starter.

Comment

I love this boards fascination with former backup, 3rd string, and PS quarterbacks. Lets just get Kyle Sloter and Chad Kelly in here and let em go with it. (honestly there might be a point in the season where I'm like " eh why the heck not")

Comment

If they want to continue playing pro football, Chad Kelly and Kyle Sloter should play in Canada. They could prove themselves there, as others have done.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter01 View Post
                  Man he was one party away from being our starter.
                  Sounds like a darn good party though...

Comment

Originally posted by teetdogs View Post
                    I love this boards fascination with former backup, 3rd string, and PS quarterbacks. Lets just get Kyle Sloter and Chad Kelly in here and let em go with it. (honestly there might be a point in the season where I'm like " eh why the heck not")
                    To be fair no other backup QB we’ve had has really had Kelly’s pedigree. If Kelly stayed healthy in college he would’ve been drafted in the first 3 rounds. Many probably would’ve said he was a 1st round talent but off the field would make him drop.

And then Kelly actually played well in limited reps while here. And I mean played well as in he played in a way that was conducive to winning. Other guys have played well statistically but the way they’re playing isn’t what you want to see.

Unfortunately for Kelly, those off the field concerns proved to be justified and too much for him to overcome. And if the Colts are releasing him from the PS it probably means there was some kind of issue whether it be off the field or even a verbal altercation with a player/staff member. You don’t just throw away a young QB with untapped upside especially when you have a starter who will retire any year now and a backup that hasn’t shown he can take that next step.

Comment

Sign Kelly and Sloter they have to be better than what we have now and TBH I am not sold on Drew Lock This year in 2 Games he looked Lost 😑 Not Accurate UGH . 0-2 As A Starter in 2020 Not Looking To Good For Drew plus he cannot stay healthy.

Comment

Working...
                      X