Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trevor on the Trading Block

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bleedbluorange
    A first round pick or any draft pick for Pryce doesnt mean jack. Does anyone know what kind of production last years rookie defensive line players had? What I am saying is our d-line is gonna suck big time. Worst this year cause we are gonna lose Hayward.
    There's no guarantee we're losing Hayward. As I understand it, Broncos officials are still optimistic about re-signing Reggie. Let's not get depressed until it all plays out.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Javalon
      There's no guarantee we're losing Hayward. As I understand it, Broncos officials are still optimistic about re-signing Reggie. Let's not get depressed until it all plays out.
      Although I dont like or agree with alot thats going on, I have to admit it's kinda exciting to see so much activity.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Cugel
        The article says:

        Since everybody keeps making the same wrong comments, it's worth quoting what the actual facts are:

        1. He says he'll be healthy for next season. There's no reason to doubt that. If he is, he'll be one of the 5 best DL in the NFL (in the opinion of NFL personnel directors, scouts and top players like Micheal Strahan, not me). Playing in the pro-bowl for some other team like Bertrand Berry? Does that sound good to you? It makes me gnash my teeth every time I think about it!

        2. The Broncos DL sucked last year. We saw during the painful day in Indy that no matter how good your DB's are they will be eaten alive if you don't have a pass rush.

        3. Should the Broncos give up a pro-bowl caliber DL for a 2nd or 3rd round pick? Plus take a $6 million cap hit this season?

        4. Should they just dump Trevor by releasing him after June 2, giving up their best player overall and getting nothing in return. In addition, taking a cap hit this season ($3.5 for trading him) or this season and next for dumping him.

        Notice that the top teams like the Patriots do not have $6 million + in dead cap space. That's like trying to run the olympic hurdles wearing ankle weights.

        Alternative: Could Trevor re-negotiate his contract to reduce the cap hit from $9 million to perhaps $6 million (the same price as trading him)? Perhaps agree to incentive bonuses, or convert some of the contract to a new pro-rated sigining bonus? Then there's no dead cap hit this year or next.

        You geniuses keep saying that he "refused". There's nothing to indicate the Broncos even tried! The article says they didn't. There's not even incentive for his agent to lie about this, since whatever team he signs with will require him to do this anyway! His next contract will be cap friendly for whatever team he plays for, perhaps in the $3-4 million range (though that's a guess) with pro-rated signing bonuses and easily made incentive clauses.

        I just hate this whole thing, and I think the chances of the Broncos winning a Super Bowl anytime soon just went down hill.
        Great post.....I agree. People seem to think a first round pick guarentees something. Our defensive line will suffer for years to come. Waiting on a first rounder to develop.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by rcsodak
          Funny, lava, but wasn't it you that said if it weren't for TP, and his taking on 2-3 players, that Berry wouldn't have gotten the sacks?
          Now you're saying he wasn't worth that much money his last 4 yrs?
          You're killin' me, man......
          That's what I'm saying. Everyone has flipped out on Trevor

          Comment


          • I think this is a bad idea. the d line is one place we need inprovment so why give up the best thing we have there. Even if we swiched our defence.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Big Mac87
              I think this is a bad idea. the d line is one place we need inprovment so why give up the best thing we have there. Even if we swiched our defence.
              Say no more. You hit it on the head

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                Great post.....I agree. People seem to think a first round pick guarentees something. Our defensive line will suffer for years to come. Waiting on a first rounder to develop.

                I doubt that it will be years but there may be some slippage. But again a warm body can perduce more than pryce did this year.

                I disagree about a 1st rounder if we do not reach like we have in the past in the top couple of rounds, they could be impact players by midseason.

                Mikey has not been know for being a great drafter exept for LB's. At least sure thing players in the top couple f rounds. Most of the players he has selected have been busts in/for their first couple of years.

                BTW lets not hold our breath about switching to 3-4 as the primary defense. Think it wiil be used about 20% of the time depending on aquistions, may not even that much.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Big Mac87
                  I think this is a bad idea. the d line is one place we need inprovment so why give up the best thing we have there. Even if we swiched our defence.

                  You have tunnel vision. Look at the bigger picture.

                  For 9 million dollars, we should be getting 75 tackles, 15 sacks.
                  Instead Pryce gives us 40 tackles, 8 sacks.

                  What some of you are not understanding is this....
                  Pryce is not the same player he was 5 years ago. He has not been a "Superstar" since the 2000 season, before he signed his contract. This is not new. We've been complaining about this since 2001 when he got a ridiculous deal and never delivered the statistics.

                  So, now we cut our ties, and we get multiple players.

                  You can have Pryce for 9 million.
                  Or you can have two solid FAs and a draft selection.

                  Is that really that hard to understand?

                  We need ALOT of help on the D-line. Keeping Pryce fills one position but financially cripples us to fill the other holes.

                  Trading Pryce fills several positions and gives us financial flexibility.


                  But, my main problem is hearing all the "rah, rah, Pryce is so good crap". He's average and has been for 4 seasons now. He's in decline and now is fresh off a spinal injury that forced Daryl Gardner to retire. D-linemen do not come back from spinal injuries.

                  I'm just completely shocked that people can't see this. Even if you are only 12 years old, when its spelled out for you, you should be able to comprehend the facts.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bleedbluorange
                    Although I dont like or agree with alot thats going on, I have to admit it's kinda exciting to see so much activity.
                    True. We haven't had a lot of boring offseasons recently, that's for sure.
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Dean
                      Trevor's agent was reported to have said that 8 teams had expressed interest in Trevor. Even if it is only 6 that kind of competition will allow for a high draft pick. Will it be a first round pick? Who knows but even a second round pick along with the extra cap room gives the Broncos flexibility to pick up young blood to help us not only next year but in the future as well.

                      Pryce is an all-pro. If a team thinks that he is the final piece to take them to the super bowl, we might get exceptional value offered for him. The problem lies in the size of his contract. It limits who can afford to sign him.


                      If Pryce is an All-Pro, how come he never made All-Pro in his career? I'm a little lost in this logic here. The guy is coming off of a season long injury - This will decrease his value a great deal. Combine that with the size of his contract and say goodbye to any possible hope for a first or second round pick. Just because 6 or 8 teams have expessed interest in Pryce doesn't allow for a high draft pick in exchange. Ther's no doubt that if he's traded, he'll go to the highest bidder. The highest bidder will not offer as much as you think though. I have a high opinion of Trevor Pryce, but I do not allow that to affect my objectivity. Have you ever tried to sell someting used?
                      I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Javalon
                        True. We haven't had a lot of boring offseasons recently, that's for sure.
                        Jav what players would you consider as the core of this team? Because we have such a turnover every year. I'm not sure which players are safe atleast for about 4 more years.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                          You have tunnel vision. Look at the bigger picture.

                          For 9 million dollars, we should be getting 75 tackles, 15 sacks.
                          Instead Pryce gives us 40 tackles, 8 sacks.

                          What some of you are not understanding is this....
                          Pryce is not the same player he was 5 years ago. He has not been a "Superstar" since the 2000 season, before he signed his contract. This is not new. We've been complaining about this since 2001 when he got a ridiculous deal and never delivered the statistics.

                          So, now we cut our ties, and we get multiple players.

                          You can have Pryce for 9 million.
                          Or you can have two solid FAs and a draft selection.

                          Is that really that hard to understand?

                          We need ALOT of help on the D-line. Keeping Pryce fills one position but financially cripples us to fill the other holes.

                          Trading Pryce fills several positions and gives us financial flexibility.


                          But, my main problem is hearing all the "rah, rah, Pryce is so good crap". He's average and has been for 4 seasons now. He's in decline and now is fresh off a spinal injury that forced Daryl Gardner to retire. D-linemen do not come back from spinal injuries.

                          I'm just completely shocked that people can't see this. Even if you are only 12 years old, when its spelled out for you, you should be able to comprehend the facts.
                          Great post I agree completely.

                          MUG just cut and paste this reply for the next 20 or so reponses because they just do not get the concept. Guys don't feel sorry for Pryce he has made enough money already if he invested any of it he really does not have to work much more in life.

                          He really has not been that dedicated and was probably one of those that Rod was addressing last year, about producing. Pryce had worked out in the offseason and rededicated himself to football this offseason. But to no avail he was injured. Not sure how good he can be, but rest assured he'll either land on his feet somewhere else or become the record mogul he wants to be. Don't forget he still has signing bonus coming to him.

                          Comment


                          • I like Trevor and he's been a great asset to the team. I do not want to see him go to another team either. However, I cant help but feel that Shanny & company think he's a liability with his spinal cord injury and the fact he's on the downhill side of his carrer. I do know, after a spinal injury your back is never 100%. Heck they took a chunk of disk out and directly related he's had S1 nerve issues from the nerve being compressed, thus the inability to push off w/ foot. His risk of another herniated disk or the same one increases. I would suspect even more so in such a physical/ contact game. I really hope he defies all of this somehow...Does anyone know of any player that has overcome a low back surgery and continued to play successfully ? Just curious, trying to find a silver lining..

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                              You have tunnel vision. Look at the bigger picture.

                              For 9 million dollars, we should be getting 75 tackles, 15 sacks.
                              Instead Pryce gives us 40 tackles, 8 sacks.

                              What some of you are not understanding is this....
                              Pryce is not the same player he was 5 years ago. He has not been a "Superstar" since the 2000 season, before he signed his contract. This is not new. We've been complaining about this since 2001 when he got a ridiculous deal and never delivered the statistics.

                              So, now we cut our ties, and we get multiple players.

                              You can have Pryce for 9 million.
                              Or you can have two solid FAs and a draft selection.

                              Is that really that hard to understand?

                              We need ALOT of help on the D-line. Keeping Pryce fills one position but financially cripples us to fill the other holes.

                              Trading Pryce fills several positions and gives us financial flexibility.


                              But, my main problem is hearing all the "rah, rah, Pryce is so good crap". He's average and has been for 4 seasons now. He's in decline and now is fresh off a spinal injury that forced Daryl Gardner to retire. D-linemen do not come back from spinal injuries.

                              I'm just completely shocked that people can't see this. Even if you are only 12 years old, when its spelled out for you, you should be able to comprehend the facts.
                              Best case scenerio.....What two free agents and what round draft pick and since you are smart who could be taken with that pick? I guess you could give me the worst case scenerio also, if you can think of it.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by rcsodak
                                Funny, lava, but wasn't it you that said if it weren't for TP, and his taking on 2-3 players, that Berry wouldn't have gotten the sacks?
                                Now you're saying he wasn't worth that much money his last 4 yrs?
                                You're killin' me, man......
                                WHAT? I never said that. i was the one saying Pryce WASNT doubled all that much.

                                Exerpts for you:

                                http://216.58.161.130/forums/showthr...rry#post102875

                                http://216.58.161.130/forums/showthr...bled#post82627 (this link should put your claim to rest)
                                dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

                                I tried to warn ya.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X