X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bleedbluorange
    replied
    Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    I really believe we are holding him as our draft trump card. He at least allows us the possibility to move around on draft day. If we move him this far before the draft, other teams can make moves to counter ours if they believe we may take a player they want.
    I think Pryce will be released. It's that simple. His contract wont interest many teams.

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    I really believe we are holding him as our draft trump card. He at least allows us the possibility to move around on draft day. If we move him this far before the draft, other teams can make moves to counter ours if they believe we may take a player they want.

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos#52
    If anyone could tell me please what the trade talk for Pryce is such as what teams are interested and what might we get for him?
    The reaon no one's updated this is that no-one knows. The Broncos are still shopping him. There's no word on whether any team has offered the team anything Shanahan would considrer taking or whether all trades are off.

If we hear nothing through the draft, then we're probably going to keep him until June 2, then cut him to save cap space, which would be sad.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos#52
    replied
    Whats up with Pryce?

If anyone could tell me please what the trade talk for Pryce is such as what teams are interested and what might we get for him?

Leave a comment:

• Cugel
    replied
    Even a 2nd is asking too much. You guys keep speaking as if Trevor is still an elite player.

I don't think you (and others) are overestimating Trevor as much as you are underestimating the value of 1st day draft picks. Its not very often teams part with those, espescially for players in transition under circumstances similar to Trevor's. I think what will ultimately happen, is that Denver gets no takers, and just cuts him in June. It happens every year, last year Warner and Trotter were victims.
    Teams value a #1 round pick MUCH MORE than Trevor. It's not even close! Just use your imagination for an instant and you'll see why: a draft pick is 23-24 years old and Trevor is 30, coming off back surgery. Can you imagine the fan's reaction when a team trades their # 1 pick for a guy who might have to retire in a couple years due to back problems? Instead of drafting a kid who might play for 10 years ? (Everyone's a "potential future hall of famer" on draft day, remember).

NO-DICE.

Trevor's value to Denver is much greater than any other team. Was Tampa Bay able to get a draft pick for John Lynch? Did San Diego get a draft pick for Rodney Harrison? Same situation here. Except that DL is the area of the Broncos greatest need and a Trevor's a team leader on defense. Now they have absolutely NOBODY on the DL who can generate consistent pressure (Hayward doesn't count -- he's definitely NOT an elite DL, there were 13 players with more sacks than him this year).

The Broncos were asking for a "high draft pick" which was interpreted as a 1-3 rounder. Well, they just scaled back their expectations and according to the news source I posted above (from Miami Herald) they are asking a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Remember that TP was the last 1st round DL selected by the Broncos at the start of the Shanahan era.

The DL is now going to be all mediocre, all the time. They hope to compensate by going to the 3-4 some of the time. I have no confidence at all that this is going to be an improvement because to run the 3-4 well, you need an elite nose tackle and the Broncos don't have one. Also with 10 teams going to the 3-4 some or all of the time this year, what chance do you think there is the best NT's will be taken by the time the Broncos pick?

Me too.

Leave a comment:

• bleedbluorange
    replied
    Originally posted by buchosiete
    I could see the Dallas Cowboys giving us one of their two 1st rounders because Parcels is at the end of his coaching career and he wants to see results right away. He would rather have an experienced healthy Pryce than a rookie who might take a few years to reach his potential.
    I doubt he does that. He just did that last year with Wiley and he is a bust. The Cowboys wont make any silly moves while they have so many cap problems stemming from their dynasty days. They will do it if they can get pryce on the cheap.

Leave a comment:

• buchosiete
    replied
    I could see the Dallas Cowboys giving us one of their two 1st rounders because Parcels is at the end of his coaching career and he wants to see results right away. He would rather have an experienced healthy Pryce than a rookie who might take a few years to reach his potential.

Leave a comment:

• bleedbluorange
    replied
    Originally posted by Jrhampton
    Some team will work a deal and pryce will become their Alfred Williams and help them make the leap to the next level and will be worth the "price" to them for a couple of years.
    Yeah, that's exactly how I see it playing out. Good Luck to Trevor.

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Originally posted by Paranoid
    Even a 2nd is asking too much. You guys keep speaking as if Trevor is still an elite player.

I don't think you (and others) are overestimating Trevor as much as you are underestimating the value of 1st day draft picks. Its not very often teams part with those, espescially for players in transition under circumstances similar to Trevor's. I think what will ultimately happen, is that Denver gets no takers, and just cuts him in June. It happens every year, last year Warner and Trotter were victims.
    Some team will work a deal and pryce will become their Alfred Williams and help them make the leap to the next level and will be worth the "price" to them for a couple of years.

Leave a comment:

• Paranoid
    replied
    Originally posted by nickmeyer
    Nobody I mean Nobody is going to give us their first rounder for a guy who is coming off of back surgery, that only played in 1 game at the begining of the year, gradted Trevor is good but the guys going in the first round have his ability and are young. We may if we are lucky get a 2nd rounder along with a 3rd or 4th.

Last edited by Paranoid; 02-18-2005, 01:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nickmeyer
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncology
    Look at it this way; we were a 10-6 team without our four-time Pro-Bowl defensive lineman; it's not like this trade is going to end up hurting us this bad. Like Mat'hir said a while back; it's really hard for a guy to come back fully healthy after an injury to that proportion. I'll miss Trevor is he's traded; he was by far one of my most favorite players on the Broncos; but if there are teams that are desperately needed a lineman and are very interested in trading for him; I don't see why not.

I think I know a few of the teams that would be willing to trade either their first rounder or second rounder/thirds for him.

The Houston Texans
    The Dallas Cowboys (who have two first rounders; so this could be a possibility -- very good actually)
    The Jacksonville Jaguars
    The Minnesota Vikings

They all have picks in the 10-20 area; and to be quite honest; if we were to get two first round draft picks; plus a couple other early rounders; I think we could definately bust some balls in this year's draft.

Pryce's figure for this year is 10,000,000 and that's just ridiculous; especially for a guy who was injured last season.

I'm all for trading him; it'll be sad to see him go; but the NFL is a business and you have to do what you have to do.
    Nobody I mean Nobody is going to give us their first rounder for a guy who is coming off of back surgery, that only played in 1 game at the begining of the year, gradted Trevor is good but the guys going in the first round have his ability and are young. We may if we are lucky get a 2nd rounder along with a 3rd or 4th.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    Threds merged.

PLEASE use the search function to see if the topic already has a thread posted.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by MoFo_JoRo
    Great first post fella, I think Tp is gonna go along with Hayward, gives us some room an with the 3-4 RH is useless, and TP is old an had a MAJOR injury, looks like my worries were pretty true..........seein how he couldnt play dang close to all year. If we switch to 3-4, wed be better off gettin us some late firs day an 2nd day tweeners (de-dts and olb-des) seein how they seem to be around a lot longer. Gives us some versatility for both defenses (if we do indeed keep 4-3, i dont think we are tho) but also gives us some more bulk at places we need (dl and pass rush)
    Mo the way I understand this situation, is that Denver wants to trade Pryce for draft picks and free up enough cap space to resign Reggie Hayward.

Leave a comment:

• Dean
    replied
    I am still hopeful that we get a high pick or a good trade for Trevor. All we need is one team that thinks that he is the missing piece to them having a super bowl team. There is a shortage of quality free agent D-ends this year. That I would think helps us with trading Trevor but hurts us in re-signing Reggie.

I wish we could keep him. With his cap number and all our players that need to be re-signed this year there was no way to keep him. To bad!

Leave a comment:

• urinal_cake
    replied
    Hey Mods....

Any chance we can get this stickied/pinned?™

Leave a comment:

Working...
X