X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jared
    replied
    2 threads merged in.

PLEASE LOOK TO SEE IF THE TOPIC ALREADY EXISTS.
    Last edited by Jared; 02-17-2005, 05:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bleedbluorange
    replied
    Originally posted by Javalon
    On defense, Bailey, Wilson, D.J. and that's it. On offense, Plummer (love him or hate him, he'll be here), Rod, Nalen (until age catches up), Foster, Hamilton, and Lepsis. I sure would like to add a few more core guys that can be counted on.

We'll just have to fill the gaps the best we can in the meantime. Another good draft sure would help to build up our future core players.
    Well I agree. You might put Tatum on that list. That list shows how fragile our team is. We dont have a really good foundation to build on. Especially on offense. On D you can certainly build around Wilson, Champ and DJ.

Leave a comment:

• NeedDLinemen
    replied
    Originally posted by HaroldWoods41SS
    what is up with these 3 are they gunna get traded cut or relesed

to me the person who should get cut is

MARIO FETAFEIHEI i mean he a garbage

i know OL love lining up in front of him he is a intant pancake

he is a waste of cap space
    Think you'll find that Mario is basically on a minimum contract or somewhere near that so cutting him wouldn't create much cap space and for the money he earns he has about the right level of game.

Leave a comment:

• Chaji
    replied
    Originally posted by PRBronco
    Just curious, how do you know that O linemen love lining up opposite him?
    Because he's a sexy beast.

I think Pryce will be traded, hope Kennedy is let go, and want Anderson to stay.

Leave a comment:

• PRBronco
    replied
    Just curious, how do you know that O linemen love lining up opposite him?

Leave a comment:

• rich5368
    replied
    Pryce is most likely gone for draft picks. Kenoy I think will get re-signed if they do it before march 1st. Mike Anderson will stay (maybe with a restructured deal) as Bell's backup and 3rd down back as Droughns will most likely be gone in trade. I say keep Ellis Johnson and let Mario go

Leave a comment:

• HaroldWoods41SS
    replied
    regarding T-Pryce Ken Kenn and M.A.

what is up with these 3 are they gunna get traded cut or relesed

to me the person who should get cut is

MARIO FETAFEIHEI i mean he a garbage

i know OL love lining up in front of him he is a intant pancake

he is a waste of cap space
    Last edited by HaroldWoods41SS; 02-16-2005, 05:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    replied
    on the cnnsi site it says denver has had discussions w/ miami and several other teams...n said denver is seeking a 2nd or 3rd round pick...but who knows i do how ever agree w/ others i doubt we get a 1st rd pick for him...

Leave a comment:

• Dean
    replied
    Big bad John

Trevor pryce has been selected to the pro bowl 4 times. Three selections as a defensive tackle and once as a D-end. What do you consider an all-pro??? To me that is an all-pro.

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    Originally posted by Cugel
    There's no way to know right now. Either he will recover as he (not just his agent) says or he won't. If he's lying about being close to 100% or fooling himself, then there's no possibility of a trade and we will see the Broncos release him after June 2, because he will have to prove to any new team (before any trade can happen) that he's completely healthy - or they won't sign him. Period. Let alone give up a draft pick for him. No-one is going to pay several million dollars for a defensive end who's 30+ and unhealthy. He won't get a contract - at least not anything more than the minimum guaranteed contract with some incentive clauses. If that's the case he may retire. If not, he'll have to take a huge pay cut. The fact that Denver is trying to trade Pryce rather than just cutting him after June 2 says that he's physically able to perform. No-one is going to be fooled on this, they'll make him work out and pass a strict physical and probably get other expert medical opinions (not yours). Trying to pass off damaged goods on someone in the NFL will quickly kill your reputation, thus your ability to make trades happen. Flim-flam artists don't depend on repeat business.
    That's not true. I will remind you of Daryl Gardner and Sean Gilbert. Both passed physicals, both had to retire due to back problems after signing massive contracts. Teams learn. I highly doubt any team will trade a draft pick for Pryce, when they can just wait until he is cut to resign him. If I was the GM, I would try and get some idiot to bite for a 3rd or higher pick, if not, I cut him after June 2nd.

By the time Berry hit free agency, the Broncos had already made up their minds not to sign him. If Shanahan really wanted him, he would have negotiated a contract up front before he hit free agency - as Berry wanted and expected. It wouldn't have cost what the Cardinals were ultimately willing to pay and could have been much more cap friendly. The Broncos low-balled their offer to him and let him become a restricted free agent because they thought Reggie Hayward was cheaper and just as good. They rolled the dice and they were wrong. Berry is an elite DE, as was obvious from his play in 2003 and became painfully obvious when he got 14 1/2 sacks for the hapless Cardinals in 2004. This was an example of a VERY POOR PERSONNEL DECISION. Everyone makes mistakes from time to time, but this was a particularly bad one. Shanahan landed a huge fish without effort on his part (pure luck) and he let it get away thinking it was a minnow.
    Oh, I agree with Shanahan being a horrific personnel evaluator. Heyward asked for a long term contract last offseason, we rebuffed him. This offseason, I'll be curious to see if we've learned at all and lock up Putzier, Walls, and Herndon now while they are cheap. However, it was widely known the Broncos DID want to resign Berry, they simply could not match Arizona's offer. The front office took time to explain the situation on this website's main page.

I have already quoted in this thread from the News article of last summer, the opinions of people who indisputably know what they are talking about, OL John Tate and DL Michael Strahan, both of whom think Pryce is one of the best DL in the NFL. They disagree with you. The overwhelming majority of NFL personnel directors also disagree, since they consider Pryce one of the top 4-5 DL as stated in the article:

I'd have to say that Strahan's opinion has more weight than yours.
    I really dont care what Strahan and Tate think, I can watch the games and study the statistics for myself. I can also read what Trevor Pryce said about his signing of his own contract "I need to step up my play to earn this contract I've received" and then his play decreased by a significant amount. No matter how you try and throw opinions of players around, the facts speak for themselves, and in this case, Trevor Pryce has basically said he is not worth his contract. It's called a cost/benefit ratio, you probably should look into it. And be your own man, form your own opinions based on facts, not grapevine ramblings.

The dead cap is $3.5 if he's traded, and $4.7 million if he's cut after June 2 ($2.36 this year and next - $11 million signing bonus over 7 years = $1.5/yr. x 3 years remaining = $4.7 million).
    Bah, minor mistake in my math. Still, those are massive savings, you could easily sign several D-line solid veterans with those savings or resign key members of your team. He was not about to take a 5-6 million pay cut, Im pretty confident about that.

If you keep Pryce at $9 million you lose those options, but that was never going to happen. Would he renegotiate his contract to make it more cap friendly, as Rod
    Smith and other veterans in the same position as Pryce have done? The Broncos didn't even try (says the article).
    The issue is whether the Broncos place any value on him at all. The team may think he won't ever be effective again like all the other previous D-linemen who had spinal problems. They saw what happened to Mobley on a personal basis. Mobley said "Oh, Ill be back 100%". Yeah, sure. That's what they all say.

I place absolutely zero value on Pryce. I would gamble on him like we did with Luther Elliss, who has had the same problem for the past 4 years and finally now is going to retire and give up. I would give Pryce 1 million dollars on a 1 year deal to show me he can be effective again.

Will Pryce be the same player he was before his injury. The jury is still out on that.
    I fear that he will be nearly as good and that he'll be like Rodney Harrison going to the Patriots - a standing insult to the management skills of the Broncos.

The Chargers thought he was washed up. Do San Diego fans wish Harrison was back there right now?

Absolutely valid opinion. I'm obviously taking the other side of the fence. Time will tell, and I'll be on this board for the next 20 years, so I'll either gloat or admit I was a moron and you have superior perception when the true becomes obvious next season.

Leave a comment:

• West
    replied
    its for the best...we made the playoffs without him last year we can do it again...

i'd like maybe a 1st and a good solid role player or a 2nd and/or 3rd for a superstar that we need...your thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• ttejuco
    replied
    Guys dont blame the Broncos, blame the dreaded salary cap, it happened to Owens, and it happened to Kearse.

Leave a comment:

• JHoward
    replied
    Originally posted by tuibroncos
    I really feel bad for trevor. Is there any reason why we cant restructure his deal? That way a trade wouldnt be necessary? This is a really weird situation.
    I wish there was something that we could do to keep him, I have a gut feeling if and when we let him go he is going to have big success while our defense continues to struggle. You hear comments like his (wanting to stay in Denver) and compare them to Shannon's earlier in the year and it makes you feel proud that someone loves playing for the Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• Jared
    replied
    merged threads.

PLEASE SEARCH OR READ TO SEE IF THE TOPIC ALREADY HAS A THREAD BEFORE POSTING!

Leave a comment:

• tuibroncos
    replied
    I really feel bad for trevor. Is there any reason why we cant restructure his deal? That way a trade wouldnt be necessary? This is a really weird situation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X