Trevor on the Trading Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos4ever
    Well this definitely took me by surprise... Much like the Portis deal...

You notice that Tom Nalen renegotiated his contract, it would really surprise me to see the Broncos put Trevor on the trading block without talking to him first about renegotiating his contract.

Of course if Trevor said no, unlike what John Elway did over the years we needed to build a superbowl team with Shanahan, then the Broncos have no choice but to trade him.

Remember the same thing has happened to Reuben Droughns just a month ago and if you are not happy with what the Broncos are offering you have the option of a trade if it suits the Broncos and they think they are getting a good deal. Trevor is one of those players that will bring one of two draft picks whether it be in second round or in the first round.

Remember the article said there was already interest of three teams already.

With the 3-4 Defense being looked at this would be a good business move for the Broncos depending what they can get out of Trevor.
    Maybe they did and just didn't get into Williamson's article for whatever reason. As much as I like Trevor, this could be very good move if the Broncos are able to pull it off.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

actually getting surtain and giving up pryce would make this team have the best secondary in the game with huge depth at the position. trade rd for a draft pick for the de line and switch to the 3-4 that sounds awsome bailey,surtain,kennedy,lynch

Comment

I don't think a DB is as big of a need as the front. Plus w/ the Phins' cap situation, I don't think they'd be willing to take on Pryce's salary. Look at some other teams that are in good shape w/ the cap... Dallas, Minnesota, Seattle, Jacksonville, Philly, & Chicago. Dallas, Chicago & Jacksonville stand out of that group that may need a guy like Pryce™
        This space for rent

Comment

I think we need a cornerback, a good one to back up champ he cant cover everyone. Yes we have walls and others but if their injured it doesn't help when we meet the colts in the plaoffs next year. get a good one and hope our defence is even better next year. By the way what do you think about switching to the 3-4 defence personally I like it.

Comment

I like the idea of running a 3-4 defense.. As far as trading Pryce for a draft pick as indicated, I've always been on the opinion of getting a good d-lineman if available. But , if we had any chance of getting Mike Williams in the draft, I would go for it. He's going to be a good receiver for a long time. He would be a nice big target for Plummer to throw to ! Especially since Rod Smith has maybe a couple years left in him. Lelie has improved but I dont think he will ever be a go-to guy.. Watts will get better with time, but is also not the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by urinal_cake
              I don't think a DB is as big of a need as the front. Plus w/ the Phins' cap situation, I don't think they'd be willing to take on Pryce's salary. Look at some other teams that are in good shape w/ the cap... Dallas, Minnesota, Seattle, Jacksonville, Philly, & Chicago. Dallas, Chicago & Jacksonville stand out of that group that may need a guy like Pryce™
              Jacksonville???? Why would a team with Stroud and Henderson in the middle need Pryce? Lovie Smith already has alot young, athletic guys playing DT already(Boone,Harris,Johnson). No way they take on Trevor's contract. Obviously he's not going to tear up his current contract to play for less, if that was the case he'd wouldn't be on the trading block.

I think the best Denver can get for TP is a 3rd. 1st or 2nd is utterly out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoid
                Jacksonville???? Why would a team with Stroud and Henderson in the middle need Pryce? Lovie Smith already has alot young, athletic guys playing DT already(Boone,Harris,Johnson). No way they take on Trevor's contract. Obviously he's not going to tear up his current contract to play for less, if that was the case he'd wouldn't be on the trading block.

I think the best Denver can get for TP is a 3rd. 1st or 2nd is utterly out of the question.
                According to an article on the ESPN web site there are two teams that are interested in Pryce. Only problem is the article doesn't mention what two teams are interested in Pryce. Getting a 1st round pick for Pryce is highly unlikely, but I don't getting two pick for him is out of the question either.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I say this is a great idea. He is getting old and was out all last year with an injury so who know how good he'll be this year. I say we trade him to the Cowboys and get there 11th overall pick. Then with that pick we take a good WR like Mike Williams or even CB Antre Rolle is he is still there. Then with our 25th we take DE like Shaun Cody or Spears.This would be a great idea because it would also free up some cap space so we can resign hayward and everyone else. Let me know what you guys think, thanks.
                  This is Denvers year to shine. Lets go Orange Crush!!!!!!

Comment

A 1st is not highly doubtfull.

Pryce is one of the best D-Lineman in football. If he is healty like he says he is. Then their is no doubt we will get a 1st for him. Or 2 2nds.

If he is healthy and a team's trainer checks him out and he is fine then we could easily wind up with our 1st and someone else's 1st this draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoid
                      Jacksonville???? Why would a team with Stroud and Henderson in the middle need Pryce?
                      Because Pryce could play DE. Their pass rush wasn't that great. Henderson & Stroud are awesome in the middle, but they don't have anyone outside capable of producing 10+ sacks™
                      This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                        Hey now, that was called optimisim. He could certainly put on 15lbs, that's not hard at all, especially for someone that tall. The question would be if he would be effective with the added weight. His quickness is his best quality as of now.

I agree that his best position in a 3-4 may be OLB, but I think he's a tweener and could be a boom or bust at either DE or OLB depending on how he handles the weight gain/loss. One thing is for sure, it'll be tough going if he stays the weight he is now.

Regardless, I just can't see him in a 3-4. Since, he is obviously the direction the team seems to be going in, I'd feel better having him bulk up and play at DE. If he can get to 290, that should be alright.

I think we should trade Pryce and let Heyward walk. Then we would have enough cap space to sign cheaper veteran players who fit the 3-4 better. I would re-sign Ellis Johnson though, I think with a full training camp he could be a sleeper.
                        I think that would be most wise. Hayward may have potential, but he will be 27, I believe, at the start of next season and past his NFL prime in three years, not much time is left for him to develop into more than just a pass rusher with adequate speed. 5 million a year toplay in a defense he is not suited for would be a waste of potential, and one thing that isn't being discussed is the fact that Hayward may not want to play in the 3-4 and may just not want to resign with Denver. If we have learned anything from the Patriots, it should be that we don't need blue chip players on the front line in the 3-4, just players that stuff holes and penetrate once in a while, Richard Seymour not withstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
                          I think that would be most wise. Hayward may have potential, but he will be 27, I believe, at the start of next season and past his NFL prime in three years, not much time is left for him to develop into more than just a pass rusher with adequate speed. 5 million a year toplay in a defense he is not suited for would be a waste of potential, and one thing that isn't being discussed is the fact that Hayward may not want to play in the 3-4 and may just not want to resign with Denver. If we have learned anything from the Patriots, it should be that we don't need blue chip players on the front line in the 3-4, just players that stuff holes and penetrate once in a while, Richard Seymour not withstanding.
                          very good statement

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                            Well, look at the games Moss missed last year:

(Moss out before the half against the Saints with only 2 grabs)
                            vs. Saints: 125.6 passer rating
                            vs. Titans: 103.2 passer rating
                            vs. Giants: 60.7 passer rating (true, not a good game)
                            vs. Colts: 121.3 passer rating
                            vs. Packers: 117.9 passer rating
                            vs. Lions: 97.5 passer rating

vs. Saints 425 Yards 5 TD 2 INT's (1 TD to Moss) good game for Culpepper
                            vs. Titans 183 Yards passing 1 TD 6.1 yards Passing Average
                            vs. Giants 231 Yards 1 TD 2 INT's 5.6 Yards Passing Average
                            vs. Colts 169 Yards 1 TD 8.9 Yards Passing Average
                            vs. Packers 363 Yards 4 TD 8.3 Yards Passing Average (Another good game)
                            vs. Lions 233 Yards 2 TD 1 INT 7.3 Yards Passing Average

QB Rating is not a true stat to see how good a QB is. If you look at those exact same games, 4 out of the 6 games were not too good games for Culpepper. Do you see what kind of production Moss brings to the team? Do you see what a Great WR can do to a QB? If you look at Culeppers Stats it is no better than Jakes. Inconsistent!!! Some games he did well but for the most part he aint all that. Take Moss out for the entire season and the Vikings would be no better than the Raiders.

Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

Comment

I like Pryce, he has been fairly consistant for the broncos. I can't say I like the fact that he may be leaving, but if they can figure somthing out to better the team in other area's why not do it? They proved that they can create pressure without him, use the pick we get from the trade and get a big defensive tackle or another linebacker to help the 3/4 scheme

Comment

I really don't think we're going to get all that much for him. Its been said before and I'll say it again: Pryce is in the twighlight of his career his best days would have been behind him even without this injury.

Other teams will see him as damaged goods and they'll also see that we're desperate to get rid of him to free up some cap space. I doubt we'll get anything more than a low 2nd or maybe even a couple of conditional 1-3 picks for the year after based on performance and/or playing time.

I'm also going to plant myself firmly in the 'Randy Moss will massively improve our offence' camp.

That being said the only time we're going to see Moss is if he's lined up across from Champ in a raiders uniform.

Comment

Working...
                                X