Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DENVER BRONCO56
    A 1st is not highly doubtfull.

Pryce is one of the best D-Lineman in football. If he is healty like he says he is. Then their is no doubt we will get a 1st for him. Or 2 2nds.

If he is healthy and a team's trainer checks him out and he is fine then we could easily wind up with our 1st and someone else's 1st this draft.
    I think it is highly doubtful. Even if he was guaranteed (which he isn't) to produce like the Trevor of old, how many years do you think he will give you before his production tails off? Bad teams in need of several pieces to become a contender aren't going to just hand over a 1st or 2nd, which represents a large portion of their future to roll the dice on a 30 year old lineman coming of a near season ending injury.

A team looking to upgrade their front four with a 1st round pick is (much) more likely to take a shot Cody, Merriman, Spears, or Pollack, etc...

Comment

david pollack

pollack was a monster for the dawgs, is he projected to go high in the draft?

Comment

Worst. Idea. Ever.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
        ABWRFRC

Comment

If we can get a 1st round dp for trevor pryce i'm all for it

Comment

if we could get a WR like Mike Williams i'm all for it

Comment

One of our most glaring weakness last season pass rush. We were ridiculed for letting Bert Berry get away and Trevor being out hurt us this past season.

Letting him go, when we need to fortify that position is an extremely bad move in my opinion.
              The Game Day Thread: Year 17 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bokyong
                vs. Saints 425 Yards 5 TD 2 INT's (1 TD to Moss) good game for Culpepper
                vs. Titans 183 Yards passing 1 TD 6.1 yards Passing Average
                vs. Giants 231 Yards 1 TD 2 INT's 5.6 Yards Passing Average
                vs. Colts 169 Yards 1 TD 8.9 Yards Passing Average
                vs. Packers 363 Yards 4 TD 8.3 Yards Passing Average (Another good game)
                vs. Lions 233 Yards 2 TD 1 INT 7.3 Yards Passing Average

QB Rating is not a true stat to see how good a QB is. If you look at those exact same games, 4 out of the 6 games were not too good games for Culpepper. Do you see what kind of production Moss brings to the team? Do you see what a Great WR can do to a QB? If you look at Culeppers Stats it is no better than Jakes. Inconsistent!!! Some games he did well but for the most part he aint all that. Take Moss out for the entire season and the Vikings would be no better than the Raiders.
                Well, of course you don't think passer rating is a good stat because it doesn't support your argument. But I'm sure you've noticed analysts using passer rating quite often when talking about QBs because it is a means of comparing QBs regardless of how many passes they had to throw.

Culpepper should have had a dropoff in play without Moss because he lost his best receiver. How do think Jake would have fared this season if Rod Smith had been hurt for about a 6 game stretch? Anyway, comparing Culpepper without Moss versus Jake's season stats, Culpepper wins each category:

Culpepper: 104.3 QB rating, 7.86 yards per attempt, 267.3 yards per game, 2.33 TDs per game, .83 INTs per game, 21.7 rushing yards per game

Plummer: 84.5 QB rating, 7.85 yards per attempt, 255.6 yards per game, 1.69 TDs per game, 1.25 INTs per game, 12.6 rushing yards per game

Listen, I'm not ripping on Jake. But just because he's a Bronco doesn't mean we have to delude ourselves into thinking he's one of the best QBs in the league. Culpepper, in my opinion, is a better QB than Jake, with or without Moss. Culpepper has a stronger arm, a more acurate arm, is better throwing from the pocket and is more mobile than Jake.

You're entitled to your opinion, and it's hard to prove either way, but I don't believe the stats or the QBs' respective physical abilities back you up.
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                  One of our most glaring weakness last season pass rush. We were ridiculed for letting Bert Berry get away and Trevor being out hurt us this past season.

Letting him go, when we need to fortify that position is an extremely bad move in my opinion.
                  Agreed. It doesn't make sense. Well, it makes sense on the financial side of things. That salary cap makes for some tough decisions.
                  "You can't take the sky from me..."
                  ------
                  "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

If this is seriously motivated by a total switch to the 3-4, I'm with mathir guthan, and i say let reggie and TP walk. For what we'll have to pay reggie to keep him, it would be a waste to run the 3-4, i don't see him being an every down OLB in that, and that would just be retarded to have him off the field half the time. Also, I don't like the way the team is *****footing around the 3-4, either do it or don't! You gotta commit to something, we'll look like a joke if we keep switching back and forth.

ABWRFRC

Comment

• Originally posted by Black59Razor
                      I agree on Rolle; he will be Top Five when all is said and done....what did he do to drop anyway??? Hell, he was the orner that stopped Fitzgerald's streak last year, and that was as a Junior...
                      Hmmmmmm.....

...exactly what class was Fitz in when the 'junior' Rolle shut him down?????
                      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by PRBronco
                        If this is seriously motivated by a total switch to the 3-4, I'm with mathir guthan, and i say let reggie and TP walk. For what we'll have to pay reggie to keep him, it would be a waste to run the 3-4, i don't see him being an every down OLB in that, and that would just be retarded to have him off the field half the time. Also, I don't like the way the team is *****footing around the 3-4, either do it or don't! You gotta commit to something, we'll look like a joke if we keep switching back and forth.
                        You also will look foolish if you tip your hand before draft day. i think the team has a good idea on what its plans are for the next season, but because it is good to keep other teams guessing, the team won't publicly commit to either until after the draft. Until then, you can only infer through personnel changes and free agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by luvdembroncs
                          How? Pryce only played 1 game last year. How would it be any different?
                          Finally. I was waiting to see if there was any support for Trevor. I see how it can be good for the team. But I also know Trevor is a beast. Everyone has said wait till Trevor gets back. Now it's like he's worthless to us.

All I can say is that I think it's real messed up that ppl have this attitude. Than come on here and talk down on Portis. The team can dog out a player but the player should be all about the team

Comment

• Well if they're being sneaky i'm ok with it obviously, it's just that fromt what the papers have said and stuff, it sounds like they want to run a little of each.

ABWRFRC

Comment

• Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                              I think this is a given. Getting rid of Pryce, not for an expensive player, but for pure draft picks WILL free up the cap space needed to sign Heyward. I'm not sold on him as a DE in a 3-4, but he is 6'5" and could probably slap on 15=20 lbs if asked.

I look at it as a trade of Pryce for Heyward, some money, and a 3rd round draft pick. It's a good trade IMO.
                              Pryce is much better than Heyward. I cant turn my back on him after an injury plagued season.

Comment

• Merged threads. PLEASE read to see if the topic has already been posted.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                                You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                                X