Trevor on the Trading Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker
    Yeah but if we can get a high pick or Moss for him, it would be a steal!
    Bringing Moss in would be a way to steal the chances of the Broncos future from them. Like Portis, he's all about himself, not the team and not their chances for a Superbowl ring.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

• [FONT=Arial]When it comes to a position like D-line, it's really not that hard to find someone else to take Pryce's place. However, I don't want him to go anywhere, but you have to look at it from the salary cap point of view. He didn't even play this year, but he was paid all that money. At his age he's probably going to be getting injured a lot more before the end of his career. That's how the coaches look at it. I'm guessing.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleedbluorange
        Finally. I was waiting to see if there was any support for Trevor. I see how it can be good for the team. But I also know Trevor is a beast. Everyone has said wait till Trevor gets back. Now it's like he's worthless to us.

All I can say is that I think it's real messed up that ppl have this attitude. Than come on here and talk down on Portis. The team can dog out a player but the player should be all about the team
        I'm not against Pryce staying, but I can see where by letting him go it might actually be a benefit, especially if we pick up a high draft pick or two this year. It also gives us more cap leverage.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Bad John

The only reason that I ever would even consider dealing Pryce is the spinal injury. If he was recovering from a lesser injury, I wouldn't consider dealing Pryce. I would rather have a 3rd rounder to draft a rushing end with than damaged goods and dead-weight on the cap. I see almost no possibility of Pryce returning to his Pro-Bowl form of years past and nostalgia will only get you so far.
          And no GM in their right mind would take him if still injured. Either way I think Denver and Pryce can come out the better on this situation. If we keep him great, if he's dealt as much as I like him I understand the reasons for doing so.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I have just read every single post on this and I am trippin. I cant believe how some of you act when a player does something in their own interest. But let the team run rough shot over a loyal player. Next person on your precious cap list is Smith. I know that you guys are gonna turn on him too.
            Sorry, but I disagree. I think Pryce is an awesome player. I love him as a Bronco. But if trading him will help the Broncos become better then I am willing to accept it. My loyalty is to the Broncos.
            Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

• First, I like TP.
              second, its crazy to trade the best player in a position of great need.

If we do go ahead with a trade, this is a probable scenario:

Never to AFC west or top AFC team.
              Move up in the first round maybe 10 or less slots, second or third and one or two on the second day. A second will come only if that team has two seconds. They probably will list a conditionary pick based on performance in future drafts.

I like Rueban too and would like to see him get a chance to start at tailback.
              but if not, look for a third or lower with maybe multiple second day picks.

Look for the broncos to package some of those picks to gain a extra first round at the end of the first or multiple seconds and thirds to address needs and next years possible exits.
              Broncos forever!! :clap:
              \

Me and my daughter, Christmas eve 2006

My wife and my daughter, same game against the Bengals.

:wave:

Comment

• Originally posted by Bokyong
                That's why The Vikings went 2-3 when Moss was out those 5 weeks. That's under 500 without Moss. Iam not saying jake is the BEST QB on the planet, nor was I saying Jake is better than CUlpepper or vice versa, this was never a QB debate on who was better. I used Jake as an example because in those 5 games Moss was out, CUlpepper was INCONSISTENT like Jake has been all season. Some games he is on fire then some other games I am left thinking what the hell happened?. My point I was trying to make is Moss made a difference when he was playing. Culpepper stats dropped when Moss was out, we both agree on that. What I am trying to say is Jake would be a better QB with Moss on our team. Hell ANY QB would be a hell of a lot better with Moss on their team.
                Okay, I can see what you're saying.

But the Vikings went 5-5 with Moss (they basically won the Saints game without him, 2 catches, 1 TD, 1 INT that he couldn't outjump the defender). And the original point to which I was responding was that Moss would bring us a Super Bowl. And my point was that, even with what I consider to be a better QB throwing to him, the Vikes were a mediocre team, with Moss or without. No matter how talented he is, Moss isn't going to single-handedly bring any team a Super Bowl, or even a winning season for that matter. This is a team game, and if his talent is counteracted by disrupting the team, it's a wash but a very expensive one.

And for the record, I'd take Culpepper over Plummer if given the choice. But that doesn't mean I think Plummer is a bad QB, just that there are better out there.
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

• Originally posted by Black59Razor
                  Aren't we missing the point here...what exactly would you be able to trade to get Moss?

Any deal to trade for him would have to include Champ Bailey and your first round pick for starters...

The idea of trading for Moss is pie-in-the-sky....the Vikings want three players minimum, weather that be two picks and a player or vice versa....ask yourself....if you are the Vikings, who would you want on the Broncos roster?

Question for you...

Sign Jerry Porter for big bucks or trade for Moss?

And who would be traded, Thomas and Baxter?

Comment

• Originally posted by Black59Razor
                    Aren't we missing the point here...what exactly would you be able to trade to get Moss?

Any deal to trade for him would have to include Champ Bailey and your first round pick for starters...

The idea of trading for Moss is pie-in-the-sky....the Vikings want three players minimum, weather that be two picks and a player or vice versa....ask yourself....if you are the Vikings, who would you want on the Broncos roster?
                    But there's no way the Broncos could trade Bailey, even if they wanted to (which they don't). His huge signing bonus would accelerate and abosulutely decimate our salary cap. He's here to stay for awhile.

Moss if a difficult problem as a fan. I don't want him on the Broncos but I don't want him on any of our opponents, either.
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

• Originally posted by Javalon
                      You know, I was down on Portis last year when he threatened the holdout. But this is entirely different.

Pryce has a contract and has done nothing wrong. The Broncos gave him that contract and now they want cut it down or get rid of him. I understand the financial difficulty of the situation but Pryce is under no obligation to reduce his pay. Sure, he didn't play a lot last year but that wasn't his fault. His injury was incurred while working for the Broncos. That shouldn't be held against him.

If the Broncos end up trading him, they shouldn't be blamed because they're in a tough spot. If Pryce refuses a paycut, he shouldn't be blamed because the Broncos officials signed that contract. It is suprising how many people are suddenly wanting to get rid of him.
                      It does amaze me how this board turns on any player at any time. I dont think any player is safe. Pryce, Rod, Nalen and Elam are all we have left from the superbowl years. You would think that Pryce would have more support. I can deal with him being traded. But I believe we are trading a heck of a player. Everyone is trashing him now. Last week it was "wait till trevor gets back healthy". Now he's damaged goods.

We are gonna look stupid when he comes back healthy and we only got a third or fourth round pick for him.

Comment

It does amaze me how this board turns on any player at any time. I dont think any player is safe. Pryce, Rod, Nalen and Elam are all we have left from the superbowl years. You would think that Pryce would have more support. I can deal with him being traded. But I believe we are trading a heck of a player. Everyone is trashing him now. Last week it was "wait till trevor gets back healthy". Now he's damaged goods.

We are gonna look stupid when he comes back healthy and we only got a third or fourth round pick for him.

People need to learn to think for themselves. I was probably the first to refer to Pryce as damged goods. I will always be a Trevor Pryce fan, unless he goes to Oakland. It is highly unlikely that Pryce will be performing as he did in seasons past. If he does and we traded him, that's a risk that is taken. Look to the other side of the defensive line at Reggie Hayward and see how dedicated these players are to their fans, it's a business and they are a commodity. Sometimes the truth hurts.
                        I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Bad John

People need to learn to think for themselves. I was probably the first to refer to Pryce as damged goods. I will always be a Trevor Pryce fan, unless he goes to Oakland. It is highly unlikely that Pryce will be performing as he did in seasons past. If he does and we traded him, that's a risk that is taken. Look to the other side of the defensive line at Reggie Hayward and see how dedicated these players are to their fans, it's a business and they are a commodity. Sometimes the truth hurts.
                          I'm down with that. This board doesnt see it that way. I hear "not a team player or it's all about the money" when a player treats it like a business. I wish there werent so many hypocrits on the subject.

Comment

What are you talking about. Im not trashing him, i wonder who is. He's not damaged goods, people can recover. The fact is, Trevor Pryce is going to be another victim of the dreaded "salary cap". I mean, 9million for him in a diminished role is just too much, not even Richard Seymour gets paid that much. Especially since the Broncos will be using the 3-4 more, they will need to get cheap, new bodies on the d-line. It's not like the Broncos would want to get rid of him, but the superiors are thinking of the greater good for both players, Pryce with a better role and better salary, and the Broncos with a possible draft pick and close to 10 million in cap space when he's gone. Turns out this offseason will be quite a large over haul in linemen....Goodbye Trevor, at least you have those 2 rings to remind you where you came from.

Comment

I'm down with that. This board doesnt see it that way. I hear "not a team player or it's all about the money" when a player treats it like a business. I wish there werent so many hypocrits on the subject.
                              the truth of the matter is he is not producing enough for how much we are paying him, i dont think he has even in the last few years, 7 sacks one year, nine sacks the next, 8.5 the next and then he is injured, meanwhile other top-paid ends are getting 15 and such. Even with all that i would like to keep him, but not for the price he is paid 9 million? No he aint worth it, i dont mean to talk ad about him, but it IS a business, Pryce needs to give us some relief or get transfered.
                              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by ttejuco
                                What are you talking about. Im not trashing him, i wonder who is. He's not damaged goods, people can recover. The fact is, Trevor Pryce is going to be another victim of the dreaded "salary cap". I mean, 9million for him in a diminished role is just too much, not even Richard Seymour gets paid that much. Especially since the Broncos will be using the 3-4 more, they will need to get cheap, new bodies on the d-line. It's not like the Broncos would want to get rid of him, but the superiors are thinking of the greater good for both players, Pryce with a better role and better salary, and the Broncos with a possible draft pick and close to 10 million in cap space when he's gone. Turns out this offseason will be quite a large over haul in linemen....Goodbye Trevor, at least you have those 2 rings to remind you where you came from.
                                I didnt say you personally were trashing him. But look how many posts there are saying he is damaged or something on that level. Go back a week ago and see how many posts say when Pryce comes back healthy. It's crazy how so many change their opinion of Pryce in a week. After he gave us years of good service.

Dont pay much attention to me. As I am not gonna turn my back on players that have given this team so much over so long. I dont care what the cap situation is. I didnt like letting Atwater go and I dont like trading Pryce cause he signed a big contract and got hurt. And when you guys decide to turn on Rod I wont like that either.

Comment

Working...
                                X