X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor on the Trading Block

Claim him!!!

Trevor on the Trading Block

Just read it on ESPN. They are looking at Draft picks for Trevor. They say it will give us cap room and there are 3 teams interested in Pryce. Also we are gonna get a compensatory 3rd round pick because we lost Berry and Gold.

Thoughts or comments?

To me I dont know how to react. this is good for the team for signing Free Agents and our draft picks, but this is Trevor who we missed all season and it is hard for me to see him play on another team other than the Broncos.

Sorry if this was posted before but I just read it and scanned throgh the first 3 pages of posts and didnt see anything on this.

Always remember to blow out the flame before drinking!!!!

Comment

link?

but it would be a sad day if we lost trevor, he was a leader on the field and has been an exemplary bronco
      Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
      http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...710298,00.html

Post from Today.

Sounds very similar like last year....

I think this would be a really bad deal for us.... We need a better D Line and trade our best DL????

Comment

He is 30 so his best days are behind him imo, if Denver could get a 1st round pick I think its definately worth it.

Its hard when this happens, you want to keep players like Pryce who have always been Broncos but at $9mil I dont see the value.

As long as the deal allows us to upgrade then go for it.
          kiwi Bronco fan

Comment

Look at it this way; we were a 10-6 team without our four-time Pro-Bowl defensive lineman; it's not like this trade is going to end up hurting us this bad. Like Mat'hir said a while back; it's really hard for a guy to come back fully healthy after an injury to that proportion. I'll miss Trevor is he's traded; he was by far one of my most favorite players on the Broncos; but if there are teams that are desperately needed a lineman and are very interested in trading for him; I don't see why not.

I think I know a few of the teams that would be willing to trade either their first rounder or second rounder/thirds for him.

The Houston Texans
            The Dallas Cowboys (who have two first rounders; so this could be a possibility -- very good actually)
            The Jacksonville Jaguars
            The Minnesota Vikings

They all have picks in the 10-20 area; and to be quite honest; if we were to get two first round draft picks; plus a couple other early rounders; I think we could definately bust some balls in this year's draft.

Pryce's figure for this year is 10,000,000 and that's just ridiculous; especially for a guy who was injured last season.

I'm all for trading him; it'll be sad to see him go; but the NFL is a business and you have to do what you have to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncology
              Look at it this way; we were a 10-6 team without our four-time Pro-Bowl defensive lineman; it's not like this trade is going to end up hurting us this bad. Like Mat'hir said a while back; it's really hard for a guy to come back fully healthy after an injury to that proportion. I'll miss Trevor is he's traded; he was by far one of my most favorite players on the Broncos; but if there are teams that are desperately needed a lineman and are very interested in trading for him; I don't see why not.

I think I know a few of the teams that would be willing to trade either their first rounder or second rounder/thirds for him.

The Houston Texans
              The Dallas Cowboys (who have two first rounders; so this could be a possibility -- very good actually)
              The Jacksonville Jaguars
              The Minnesota Vikings

They all have picks in the 10-20 area; and to be quite honest; if we were to get two first round draft picks; plus a couple other early rounders; I think we could definately bust some balls in this year's draft.

Pryce's figure for this year is 10,000,000 and that's just ridiculous; especially for a guy who was injured last season.

I'm all for trading him; it'll be sad to see him go; but the NFL is a business and you have to do what you have to do.
              I think he's been approached to restructure to get that 05 cap hit down and he's refused. Shanny doesn't mess about when it comes to players and their demands. Thing is though if he's still dinged/not 100% what makes anyone think another franchise is going to give up anything that will make Denver lick it's lips plus the fact that there will not be much cap relief for 2005 considering his existing bonus hits when he is released/traded and that'll cost us $6-7 million instead of $9-$10 if he was still here. Looks like Shanahan has finally realised that this team is nowhere near 2-3 players of a superbowl winner and it's looking more and more like rebuilding time!! Crap season next year and a high pick in 06!!

Comment

Originally posted by NeedDLinemen
                Crap season next year and a high pick in 06!!
                I'm all for it.

Get two first rounders; say #11 from the Cowboys (let's just say) and our #25; it changes the whole draft completely; we could throw in a second rounder and move up with either pick; and possibly grab Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams?

I have no idea; but I'll crap my jeans if we get a first rounder + additional pick.

Comment

I don't know if we can get a first round pick that high (11), but I'm all for trading Pryce...he's older, so yes, his best years are most likely behind him...add to that the fact he had a rather serious injury that kept him out most of last year...considering that fact, i would think other nfl teams would be very skeptical about trading away a first round pick for trevor.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Only an idiot would give up a first rounder for tp.
                    Would KC REALLY do that?
                    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Trade trevor pryce and our first round pick to the cowboys for their number 11 pick. thats the one right there. I doubt Trevor alone is gonna get a high first though. Draft Derrick Johnson. we would have the greatest linebackers in the history once DJ and DJ learn the game.

Moving up that high will leave us thin at the defensive line. no one is that good to take that high. broncos are gonna have to find defensive line help in free agency(pat williams)
                      A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

9 million is a big number for a serious injury...i bet Trevor wouldnt re-negotiate.

I also think they are very serious about switching to the 3-4 and will draft a few players to fit that scheme...I dont know that Trevor would fit the scheme. Hopefully we can get a higher pick for him....maybe we'll ship him Droughns and our 1st rounder to move waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay up in the first...who knows?

Comment

We will never see better than a third round pick for Pryce, he's damaged goods. If he won't restructure, I say turn him loose. I'll miss him, but we can't fool around with cap room and we need to get younger. The only other possibility that I can see is pairing Pryce and our 1st round selection to move up but why? For who? Maybe an offensive lineman. We need O-lineman too but if we lose Pryce and fail to re-sign Hayward, I'll take that 3rd rounder and draft a DE.
                          I've walked these streets, a loaded six-string on my back, I play for keeps 'cause I might not make it back, I've been everywhere still I'm standin' tall, I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by MilitantDBFan
                            Trade trevor pryce and our first round pick to the cowboys for their number 11 pick. thats the one right there. I doubt Trevor alone is gonna get a high first though. Draft Derrick Johnson. we would have the greatest linebackers in the history once DJ and DJ learn the game.

Moving up that high will leave us thin at the defensive line. no one is that good to take that high. broncos are gonna have to find defensive line help in free agency(pat williams)
                            omg, having derrick johnson would be complete awesomeness. but it can't happen. he'll definitely go before the 11th pick, we probably won't get hte 11th pick for trevor anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bad John
                              We will never see better than a third round pick for Pryce, he's damaged goods. If he won't restructure, I say turn him loose. I'll miss him, but we can't fool around with cap room and we need to get younger. The only other possibility that I can see is pairing Pryce and our 1st round selection to move up but why? For who? Maybe an offensive lineman. We need O-lineman too but if we lose Pryce and fail to re-sign Hayward, I'll take that 3rd rounder and draft a DE.

I agree completely. History shows that D-line players do NOT come back and be dominating once they experience spinal problems. A team may give a 3rd round pick, but we will get nothing higher.

I would have cut Pryce before this season as his production does not fit his contract and hasnt for some time now. There is no loyalty in the salary cap era for teams wanting to win consistently.

Comment

Working...
                              X