Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DenverPost Suggests We move Up to Grab Mike Willams

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...752310,00.html

I like the idea. Im glad someone else realizes that we do need another wide reciever. Mike Williams would be an ideal number one for us when rod smith retires. Im all for it. It probably would take Pryce another first day draft pick and probably another future first day draft pick. But these are the type of bold moves that can turn around the fortune of franchises.

What do you think. Do we risk the depth and potential that the draft brings to trade for a gamebreaker in Mike Williams, when we have issues along the defensive? Im prepraed to only add one or two defensive line through the draft.

Browns
    Dolphins
    Titans
    Vikings
    Lions
    Cowboys
    Texans

I would say the dolphins are our best shot to move up. They only have one first day draft choice. Falling down to 25 still lets them address their oline needs only thing is they just signed two defensive ends and are moving to the 34 defense.
    MilitantDBFan
    Special Teams
    Last edited by MilitantDBFan; 03-09-2005, 07:13 AM.
    A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Originally posted by MilitantDBFan
    http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...752310,00.html

I like the idea. Im glad someone else realizes that we do need another wide reciever. Mike Williams would be an ideal number one for us when rod smith retires. Im all for it. It probably would take Pryce another first day draft pick and probably another future first day draft pick. But these are the type of bold moves that can turn around the fortune of franchises.

What do you think. Do we risk the depth and potential that the draft brings to trade for a gamebreaker in Mike Williams, when we have issues along the defensive? Im prepraed to only add one or two defensive line through the draft.

Browns
    Dolphins
    Titans
    Vikings
    Lions
    Cowboys
    Texans

I would say the dolphins are our best shot to move up. They only have one first day draft choice. Falling down to 25 still lets them address their oline needs only thing is they just signed two defensive ends and are moving to the 34 defense.
    Mili Williams is going to be gone in the top 10 to 15 maybe even the top five it will be virtually impossible to move that may spots in the draft to get him. Its not that I wouldn't mind having him but he's out of reach for us.

I also believe that if were going to be competitive the defense has to still be the priority, the offense isn't in as bad of shape.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

hmm interesting..
      R.I.P. Darrent Williams

R.I.P. Damien Nash

Comment

forget it we are not getting him

at least not for pryce

thanx to TMHG

Atwater makes the hit
        Woodson makes the pick
        Lott takes it back

All for respect this is how the game should be played

Comment

Originally posted by HaroldWoods41SS
          forget it we are not getting him

at least not for pryce
          Bold Statement Want to bet.

I would Trade Pryce, Our First Rounder this Year, a 3rd this year and a MAYBE a first or second next year for MIke Williams or a top position in the draft.

The way it becomes viable is if we can move above tennesse or if he falls into the teens. In my eyes he is a once in a lifetime player. He would be perfect for our system and situation.

I have a feeling a team like the vikings may be interested as well. They have one whole along the defensive line and it happens to be trevors position. They have the cap space to eat his contract. With the 25th pick they can still draft wide receiver Williamson or Clayton. I think they could be a major trade partner as well with the number 7.

I do remember a few years back the broncos were one of the teams that were working a deal with minnesotta for one of the top 10 or 15 picks in order to draft terrell suggs, but baltimore swooped in. Hopefully we have a better result next time.

I know yall are mad because you cant bring up character issues and personal flaws with this guy.
          MilitantDBFan
          Special Teams
          Last edited by MilitantDBFan; 03-09-2005, 07:17 AM.
          A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

We really need to adress our defense problems .......I'm not saying William isn't worth it.....just that our D needs help
            "Go away kid, you bother me"....W.C. Fields

Comment

If all we do is address defense, it guarantees a worse offense next year. So do not complain next season if the offense doesn't perform AS well because we adressed only defense.. This is a two sided game.
              R.I.P. Darrent Williams

R.I.P. Damien Nash

Comment

Bold Statement Want to bet.
                what you wanna bet

thanx to TMHG

Atwater makes the hit
                Woodson makes the pick
                Lott takes it back

Comment

Originally posted by cuuda
                  We really need to adress our defense problems .......I'm not saying William isn't worth it.....just that our D needs help
                  Honestly though anybody thinking we are going to take more than 3 defensive guys in the draft is crazy. Mike will address the offensive line, defensive line, wide recivers and dbs in this draft. Leaving NONE out.

Our defense doesnt need that much help. And i doubt, unless there is another dwight freeney that a first round dlineman will make a major impact that williams could make with us.

The redzone problems that we have would be over. We would have 2 great possesion recievers. 2 great run blocking recievers. We got the deep threat in ashley. He is a guy that can dominate offensively and to me that is one area that we are missing since we lost CP.

Comment

i say marcus spears in the first round

thanx to TMHG

Atwater makes the hit
                    Woodson makes the pick
                    Lott takes it back

Comment

Mike Williams impact>>>>>>>>>>>Marcus Spears impact.

Williams will be the most unstoppable receiver to enter the NFL since Randy Moss.

At a time when league rules have never been so stacked in favor of offense, Denver is trying to win with defense. Go figure.

all-too-pedestrian offense?

We had the top five offense and couldnt come out of the redzone with 7 too many times for me. We are great at moving the ball. I think that if mike came and was a legitimant target in the redzone, him or any other guy capable, we would be 3x harder to beat. We have dominated for more than 3 quarters defensively, and then finally give up a significant score and its a ball game. Why, because we dont get 7 we get three. We work to hard to have 2 straight 60-70 yard drives just to kick a field goal.

Comment

Honestly Pryce and our first round would be a good step forward. I agree with the sentiments of the article. In an offense friendly NFL we are ignoring our offense and going for defense. The problem is we have many holes on defense. I've been thinking about this. We had the money for maybe one big free agent signing. Fine. We could sign a few rookies too. Keep Pryce. Resign the free agents we needed. Get Warren. Okay moves. But we're spending all this money on has beens, busts, and question marks. We know Pryce is the man. We know he can get it done. People are sour on him because he rode the injury profile all season. It seemed suspect when he played the last regular season game and sat out of the playoffs. People are angry but keep Pryce. Don't waste a lot of money on guys like Ian Gold. I love Gold as much as every Bronco but that money could have been used elsewhere. Not on Hayward, certainly, 25 mil is too much for him, but somewhere on the line.

The draft is where we needed to attack our defensive holes. Also if we could pick up Mike Williams in the draft we would have a completely different team in one or two years. In one or two years we would have a solid D and a stellar O. This year we might have an Offense big enough to get us through the games our D slips up on. This year there might not be so many dropped passes. This year we might not have to rely on a guy who slips and falls on his way into the inzone.

Comment

Mike Williams impact>>>>>>>>>>>Marcus Spears impact.

Williams will be the most unstoppable receiver to enter the NFL since Randy Moss.

At a time when league rules have never been so stacked in favor of offense, Denver is trying to win with defense. Go figure.

all-too-pedestrian offense?

We had the top five offense and couldnt come out of the redzone with 7 too many times for me. We are great at moving the ball. I think that if mike came and was a legitimant target in the redzone, him or any other guy capable, we would be 3x harder to beat. We have dominated for more than 3 quarters defensively, and then finally give up a significant score and its a ball game. Why, because we dont get 7 we get three. We work to hard to have 2 straight 60-70 yard drives just to kick a field goal.
                          Well said my friend.. I hate seeing jason elam kick field goals.. I cannot count how many times we had a great drive last year and blew it in the red zone... You people wanna know how the pats and eagles and colts win? They score in the red zone when we don't, plain and simple.
                          R.I.P. Darrent Williams

R.I.P. Damien Nash

Comment

Honestly though anybody thinking we are going to take more than 3 defensive guys in the draft is crazy. Mike will address the offensive line, defensive line, wide recivers and dbs in this draft. Leaving NONE out.

Our defense doesnt need that much help. And i doubt, unless there is another dwight freeney that a first round dlineman will make a major impact that williams could make with us.

The redzone problems that we have would be over. We would have 2 great possesion recievers. 2 great run blocking recievers. We got the deep threat in ashley. He is a guy that can dominate offensively and to me that is one area that we are missing since we lost CP.
                            Take the "crazy" crap and stick it in your ear or lower........didn't say we would take 3 or more defense players......said we need to adress our defensive problems, and don't tell me we don't have any......and Ashley should and could be a deep threat, but at this moment he not what he should be, each year he gets a little better....made some good catches, but drop too many easy ones.......deep threat, maybe this year
                            "Go away kid, you bother me"....W.C. Fields

Comment

I Would love to see williams playing for denver.... But We must fiz our DL, that's our biggest problem, our Wr's are just fine, maybe next year we would grab a WR but not this year....

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

Working...
                              X